Obama Policies Geared To Make 1% Richer

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
0126oba01_t653-620x413.jpg

President Barack Obama pitched a plan on Thursday to boost U.S. use of natural gas and open more land for drilling during a campaign-style tour.

Obama called the United States "the Saudi Arabia of natural gas" and said developing its reserves would create U.S. jobs and provide cleaner, cheaper energy to American consumers.

George Soros’s hedge fund holds 3,160,063 company shares of Westport Innovations, a company that converts diesel engines to natural gas.

Obama's refusal to allow the Keystone project to go forward is helping another 1%er, Warren Buffet. Mr. Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. owns Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC, which is among the railroads that would transport oil produced in western Canada if the pipeline isn’t built.

Add that to the long list of rich folks Obama policies have been helping....GE's CEO Jeffery Immelt, GM's CEO Dan Akerson, and various bankers around the world.....it seems Obama is making 1%ers rich at the same time he's castigating them as a whole in public.

Fact is his class-warfare is totally bogus. While he's calling for higher taxes on the rich he's helping them behind closed doors.

Links

Soros May Benefit From White House's Natural Gas Proposal

Buffett would profit from Keystone cancellation - Washington Times

Big Oil owns both sides, but they're typically less blatant among the Democrats.

Still, opening up more domestic drilling (and refining) is a good thing. It just looks silly that the Democrats were against this when the Tea Party was supporting it.

President Barack Obama pitched a plan on Thursday to boost U.S. use of natural gas and open more land for drilling during a campaign-style tour.

Obama called the United States "the Saudi Arabia of natural gas" and said developing its reserves would create U.S. jobs and provide cleaner, cheaper energy to American consumers.

George Soros’s hedge fund holds 3,160,063 company shares of Westport Innovations, a company that converts diesel engines to natural gas.

Obama's refusal to allow the Keystone project to go forward is helping another 1%er, Warren Buffet. Mr. Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. owns Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC, which is among the railroads that would transport oil produced in western Canada if the pipeline isn’t built.

Add that to the long list of rich folks Obama policies have been helping....GE's CEO Jeffery Immelt, GM's CEO Dan Akerson, and various bankers around the world.....it seems Obama is making 1%ers rich at the same time he's castigating them as a whole in public.

Fact is his class-warfare is totally bogus. While he's calling for higher taxes on the rich he's helping them behind closed doors.

Links

As far as Keystone? It's an election year and Barry is pandering to the enviro nuts. You can bet your bottom dollar he is telling the unions to wait until after the election. Things will totally change then, I'm sure.

Big Oil owns both sides, but they're typically less blatant among the Democrats.

Still, opening up more domestic drilling (and refining) is a good thing. It just looks silly that the Democrats were against this when the Tea Party was supporting it.

I think they're still against it.....but they like that's it's Natural Gas.

It sounds so warm and fuzzy.

Links

As far as Keystone? It's an election year and Barry is pandering to the enviro nuts. You can bet your bottom dollar he is telling the unions to wait until after the election. Things will totally change then, I'm sure.

He had Buffet's secretary sitting next to Michelle during the SOTU speech.

That wasn't by accident. And it wasn't just a cheap trick to make people focus on Romney's tax return.

Btw, Buffets sec owns more than one home...so she's doing pretty good.

Yes that's right.

And I personally will be paying for that as my real estate values go down thanks to the planned development of some of the infrastructure needed to ship LPG out of the USA, too.

I expect this development will personally cost me about $50k.

What will I get out of this?

A more crowed industrial town than the one I have now, and one that I likely will never be able to get out of because I won't be able to sell my home.

The homeowners in my town are so fucked!

Yes that's right.

And I personally will be paying for that as my real estate values go down thanks to the planned development of some of the infrastructure needed to ship LPG out of the USA, too.

I expect this development will personally cost me about $50k.

What will I get out of this?

A more crowed industrial town than the one I have now, and one that I likely will never be able to get out of because I won't be able to sell my home.

The homeowners in my town are so fucked!

Yeah, but it's all Bush's fault.

Forum List

Back