Obama not the first President to support gun control

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Q: Do you support the Brady Bill?

BUSH: Law-abiding citizens ought to be allowed to protect their families. We ought to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them. That’s why I’m for instant background checks at gun shows. I’m for trigger locks. I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun. I also believe that the best way to make sure that we keep our society safe is to hold people accountable for breaking the law. If we catch somebody illegally selling a gun, there needs to be a consequence. The federal government can help. (St. Louis Debate---Oct.17, 2000)

• Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws, would provide more funding for aggressive gun law enforcement programs such as Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia
• Supports requiring instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors
• Supports law-abiding American’s constitutional right to own guns to protect their families and home
• Supports the current ban on automatic weapons
• Supports banning the importation of foreign made, “high-capacity” ammunition clips
• Supports voluntary safety locks
• Opposes government mandated registration of all guns owned by law abiding citizens (GeorgeWBush.com: "Issues; Policy Points Overview Apr. 2, 2000)

Obama would also not be the first President to sign into law enhanced gun control measures in the wake of a school shooting:

New Gun Control Law Is Killer's Legacy

What's the purpose of this thread? Only to once again point out the hypocrisy of the right.

BUSH: Law-abiding citizens ought to be allowed to protect their families. We ought to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them. That’s why I’m for instant background checks at gun shows. I’m for trigger locks. I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun. I also believe that the best way to make sure that we keep our society safe is to hold people accountable for breaking the law. If we catch somebody illegally selling a gun, there needs to be a consequence. The federal government can help. (St. Louis Debate---Oct.17, 2000)

• Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws, would provide more funding for aggressive gun law enforcement programs such as Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia
• Supports requiring instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors
• Supports law-abiding American’s constitutional right to own guns to protect their families and home
• Supports banning the importation of foreign made, “high-capacity” ammunition clips
• Opposes government mandated registration of all guns owned by law abiding citizens (GeorgeWBush.com: "Issues; Policy Points Overview Apr. 2, 2000)

Obama would also not be the first President to sign into law enhanced gun control measures in the wake of a school shooting:

What's the purpose of this thread? Only to once again point out the hypocrisy of the right.

I never voted for the guy...

I wasn't old enough to vote at the time :p .
But let me ask you: Bush made a lot of mistakes, yes, but would you really rather have Gore or Kerry in office? No thanks :lol:

Oldguy's theme:

grumpy-cat-01.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't old enough to vote at the time :p .
But let me ask you: Bush made a lot of mistakes, yes, but would you really rather have Gore or Kerry in office? No thanks :lol:

It would have been great to have rational leadership in place after 9-11

Invade Iraq? Are you kidding me?

Obamination's end state is to take guns away from law abiding citizens, that is the difference.

Bush, Reagan or whoever making safety and security changes to our culture regarding guns still doesn't mean they wanted to take the guns away in the end like Obamination.

I have no problem with gun locks, background checks, registering guns, etc.....but shut the fuck up trying to claim Democraps don't have secret plans down the road to take guns away from Red State Americans while they let their criminal friends run wild with guns.

Yes to both.

It would have been great to have rational leadership in place after 9-11

Invade Iraq? Are you kidding me?

Maybe.
But I didn't really like Gore after he claimed to invent the Internet and I don't know if he would have had the stones to invade Afghanistan.

As for Kerry... I don't know. I wasn't a very trusting person by 2004 and was convinced that boh him or Bush would have spelled disaster for the country.

Forum List

Back