Obama Most Unpopular

Gallup: The New Outlier

Indeed - it appears Rasmussen had his hand on the pulse before anyone else.

Now both polling agencies are right wing outliers in the minds of the hapless libs...

Funny how they now say the Rasmussen poll is biased. Seems to me he called Obamas win to within 1/10 of a point. His was the most accurate of any of the polls. Now the polls are going against OL'BO so Rasmussen sucks???? Go figure.

Yes, Reagan was among the most astute presidents of the modern era - incredible political instincts that served him well in the face of doubt among even some of his closest advisers.

I suggest your read In His Own Hand

Unlike Obama, Reagan had a long record of writings that originated from his own wealth of experience and ideals. He was not a political figure simply created from the void and propped up by the media. Reagan possessed one of the most intuitive and naturally gifted political minds of the second half of the American 20th Century.

As such, to compare Reagan to Obama is not entirely applicable. Reagan had skill both as a candiate AND a leader. Obama, while enjoying skill as candidate, has yet to prove anything near the skill of Reagan as leader. Obama has no real record of political intellectual thought - and what record there is is like a fog that dissipates when exposed to the light of the sun - it is there but not there.

Obama may develop skills as a leader, but to reach Reagan's lofty political heights, he has a very very long way to go yet...

When all is said and done, Obama will rank higher than Reagan as a president.

Write it down

OK...written down...
Now..I am curious....this will be for what?

Clsoing GITMO? Oh wait....words, just words
C-Span during debates?.....oops....words just words
Cutting spending? My mistake....words just words
Reading all bills and scrutinizing them for waste? Can you say AIG bonuses?

Come to think of it....with all of his accomplishments in his first year......exactly which ones did he actually....ahem....accomplish?

Ron Reagans position in Presidential rank has already slipped....he was recently ranked 11th as president.

What does Obama have going for him over Reagan?
1. Obama's was the most historic election in US history
2. The economy Obama inherited from Bush was worse than Reagan inherited from Carter
3. Obama inherited two active wars....Reagan inherited the Cold War
4. Obama will be the first President to pass Healthcare

Obama still has seven more years to go, there is much to be determined. But when all is said and done, Obama will be considered a better president than Reagan

Write it down

OK...written down...

Come to think of it....with all of his accomplishments in his first year......exactly which ones did he actually....ahem....accomplish?

Ron Reagans position in Presidential rank has already slipped....he was recently ranked 11th as president.

2. The economy Obama inherited from Bush was worse than Reagan inherited from Carter

Obama still has seven more years to go, there is much to be determined. But when all is said and done, Obama will be considered a better president than Reagan

For a Right Winger, You are a smart guy ;)..

Write it down

OK...written down...

So you are saying his "rating" is based on the fact that he is black, inherited a recession, inherited 2 wars and also based on speculation seeing as healthcare has NOT been passed.....and if it does pass as it is the one reason people like yopu wanted it is being ignored....over 20 million will STILL not have healthcare...

But putting that aside....you say he will be great based on what he inherited....and what he does with what he inherited is not at all a factor.

And you are proud of your answer?

Wow. Just wow.

OK...written down...

For a Right Winger, You are a smart guy ..

He's neither...

OK...written down...

So you are saying his "rating" is based on the fact that he is black, inherited a recession, inherited 2 wars and also based on speculation seeing as healthcare has NOT been passed.....and if it does pass as it is the one reason people like yopu wanted it is being ignored....over 20 million will STILL not have healthcare...

But putting that aside....you say he will be great based on what he inherited....and what he does with what he inherited is not at all a factor.

Wow. Just wow.

Not only that, he just assumes that this unpopular President will win reelection in 2012...

Well, YoungStalinist thinks he's smart....:lol:

OK...written down...

Wow. Just wow.

I don't think he said that..

If the Economy continues to slowly do better it will help, If he DOES get us out of Iraq and A-stan by the timelines he has set it will help him, And who's fualt is that?..The RepubliCANT party..This bill is a foundation for more things to come

For a Right Winger, You are a smart guy ..

He's neither...

What's up with the name then? :cuckoo:

Wow. Just wow.

Not only that, he just assumes that this unpopular President will win reelection in 2012...

Well, YoungStalinist thinks he's smart....:lol:

Your one to be talking about "Unpopular Presidents" :p..Yes I do, Dr. Asshole.

Wow. Just wow.

If the Economy continues to slowly do better it will help, If he DOES get us out of Iraq and A-stan by the timelines he has set it will help him, And who's fualt is that?..The RepubliCANT party..This bill is a foundation for more things to come

Then exactly what was meant by him being the most historic election in history?
The fact that he is what? Jewish? Hawaian? Married to a woman taller than he is?

Wow. Just wow.

Sure he did... Why else would it have been an historic election?

Mighty big "IF's" there, junior... You have a lot of faith in someone who has shown nothing thus far...

Wasn't GITMO supposed to be closed this month? Just a missed timeline, huh? No big deal to you, right?

Don't forget that Eisenhower and Reagan recovered.

I don't believe that Obama can recover but there is the possibility.

Ah, there lies the question.

Reagan proved a far more astute leader than Obama (to this point)

That of course due greatly to Reagan having considerable more executive experience - Obama had none. Reagan also was far less divisive when it came to the job of negotiating legislation than Obama has been to this point - though Reagan had to accomodate the Democrats as they controlled the House and were able to filibuster the Senate. Obama does not have those hurdles, and still has fumbled the legislative more often than not at the great expense of his own party.

So agreed - unless Obama matures much faster than he has to this point, he is going to continue to appear weak and uncertain as the president, and the polling will reflect that...

Gotta agree. He needs to get it together for year two. He needs to dump his crappy agenda and start working on jobs and the economy. These two items are much more important to folks than his green and climate change crap. He's a smart man I'm sure he can figure it out.

Obama is learning just what a diverse country he is leading.

He can't create jobs, he can only make it easier for the american people to create jobs.

YoungStalinist said:
Your one to be talking about "Unpopular Presidents" :p.

Yes I am... Especially since you know absolutely nothing about me or my voting habits... You just assume I'm some Republican on a message board...

Thats why you look so fucking stupid with each post...

Keep up the good work...lol

OK...written down...

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, very proud

As I said, he still has seven years (YES SEVEN) to complete. I predicted that Obama would be higher ranked than Reagan at that time and stand by my prediction

Yes, his being black does come into play. Being the first black elected President of the United States was a historic accomplishment.
Great Presidents face great challenges. Both the Bush economy and the two wars represent great challenges. You of course, predict fail. I do not see either as being a critical issue seven years from now and Obama will recieve the credit.
Healthcare will pass and will be adapted and improved over the next seven years. Obama will get credit as the first President to succeed in passing healthcare.

Again, I stand by my prediction

Ah, there lies the question.

Reagan proved a far more astute leader than Obama (to this point)

That of course due greatly to Reagan having considerable more executive experience - Obama had none. Reagan also was far less divisive when it came to the job of negotiating legislation than Obama has been to this point - though Reagan had to accomodate the Democrats as they controlled the House and were able to filibuster the Senate. Obama does not have those hurdles, and still has fumbled the legislative more often than not at the great expense of his own party.

So agreed - unless Obama matures much faster than he has to this point, he is going to continue to appear weak and uncertain as the president, and the polling will reflect that...

Gotta agree. He needs to get it together for year two. He needs to dump his crappy agenda and start working on jobs and the economy. These two items are much more important to folks than his green and climate change crap. He's a smart man I'm sure he can figure it out.

Obama is learning just what a diverse country he is leading.

He can't create jobs, he can only make it easier for the american people to create jobs.

Actually....he and NO president can do anything like that. Only congress can.

However....congress can not create jobs...not with stimuli...not with tax cuts. All they can do is ease the pain until the ecoinomy rebounds as it always does.

When Reagan cut taxes...and Bush gave tax money back...they did not lie and say it would create jobs. They did it to make it easier for people to get through the hard times....they gave the tax cuts woith the hopes that the business owners will use it to retain their emplyees....NOT TO CREATE JOBS.

Obama, however, called it a job stiumulus....THERE IS NO SUCH THING....and he knows it.

He simply played on the naevity of the American People.

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, very proud

As I said, he still has seven years (YES SEVEN) to complete. I predicted that Obama would be higher ranked than Reagan at that time and stand by my prediction

Yes, his being black does come into play. Being the first black elected President of the United States was a historic accomplishment.
Great Presidents face great challenges. Both the Bush economy and the two wars represent great challenges. You of course, predict fail. I do not see either as being a critical issue seven years from now and Obama will recieve the credit.
Healthcare will pass and will be adapted and improved over the next seven years. Obama will get credit as the first President to succeed in passing healthcare.

The line in bold.......it was? Really? Were you asleep for the last 15 years and woke up in October 2008?

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, very proud

The line in bold.......it was? Really? Were you asleep for the last 15 years and woke up in October 2008?

Far from it. Have you been asleep for the last 100 years of Civil Rights struggle in this country? For a black man from mixed parents to get elected president was a historic event. It will go on Obama's resume

Forum List

Back