Obama Most Unpopular

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era

According to Gallup's first full data set for 2010, Barack Obama starts his second year in office with the highest disapproval rating of any President since Eisenhower. Obama begins 2010 with 44% of the public disapproving of the job he's doing as president. That's four points higher than the next closest president (Reagan), six points higher than Bill Clinton, and 17 points higher than Jimmy Carter.

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

"Only Ronald Reagan -- who, like Obama, took office during challenging economic times -- began his second year in office with a lower approval score."

Don't forget that Eisenhower and Reagan recovered.

I don't believe that Obama can recover but there is the possibility.

Can this guy Obama rebound or is he heading even lower?

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era

According to Gallup's first full data set for 2010, Barack Obama starts his second year in office with the highest disapproval rating of any President since Eisenhower. Obama begins 2010 with 44% of the public disapproving of the job he's doing as president. That's four points higher than the next closest president (Reagan), six points higher than Bill Clinton, and 17 points higher than Jimmy Carter.

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern*Era - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Eisenhower, Reagan, Clinton...all won second terms by wide margins

A very significant time to poll the president

Ah, there lies the question.

Reagan proved a far more astute leader than Obama (to this point)

That of course due greatly to Reagan having considerable more executive experience - Obama had none. Reagan also was far less divisive when it came to the job of negotiating legislation than Obama has been to this point - though Reagan had to accomodate the Democrats as they controlled the House and were able to filibuster the Senate. Obama does not have those hurdles, and still has fumbled the legislative more often than not at the great expense of his own party.

So agreed - unless Obama matures much faster than he has to this point, he is going to continue to appear weak and uncertain as the president, and the polling will reflect that...

That of course due greatly to Reagan having considerable more executive experience - Obama had none. Reagan also was far less divisive when it came to the job of negotiating legislation than Obama has been to this point - though Reagan had to accomodate the Democrats as they controlled the House and were able to filibuster the Senate. Obama does not have those hurdles, and still has fumbled the legislative more often than not at the great expense of his own party.

So agreed - unless Obama matures much faster than he has to this point, he is going to continue to appear weak and uncertain as the president, and the polling will reflect that...

Gotta agree. He needs to get it together for year two. He needs to dump his crappy agenda and start working on jobs and the economy. These two items are much more important to folks than his green and climate change crap. He's a smart man I'm sure he can figure it out.

Eisenhower, Reagan, Clinton...all won second terms by wide margins

A very significant time to poll the president

First year in office, the President gets to do all the unpopular stuff. What Reagan, Ike, Clinton and yes even Obama have in common is that they were all extremely likeable with the American people.
Come 2012, Obama will have gotten most of his agenda out of the way and will face a representative stiff from the GOP. Obama, like Reagan, Ike and Clinton will win by a landslide margin

Well deserved numbers in my opinion. Probably the fastest any President has gone grey as well. :)

Last edited:

Reagan was astute?--hmmm.

That can be a very delicate subject to breach right now. I think I will leave it alone due to Reagans political abilities.

That can be a very delicate subject to breach right now. I think I will leave it alone due to Reagans political abilities.

Yes, Reagan was among the most astute presidents of the modern era - incredible political instincts that served him well in the face of doubt among even some of his closest advisers.

I suggest your read In His Own Hand

Unlike Obama, Reagan had a long record of writings that originated from his own wealth of experience and ideals. He was not a political figure simply created from the void and propped up by the media. Reagan possessed one of the most intuitive and naturally gifted political minds of the second half of the American 20th Century.

As such, to compare Reagan to Obama is not entirely applicable. Reagan had skill both as a candiate AND a leader. Obama, while enjoying skill as candidate, has yet to prove anything near the skill of Reagan as leader. Obama has no real record of political intellectual thought - and what record there is is like a fog that dissipates when exposed to the light of the sun - it is there but not there.

Obama may develop skills as a leader, but to reach Reagan's lofty political heights, he has a very very long way to go yet...

Yes, Reagan was among the most astute presidents of the modern era - incredible political instincts that served him well in the face of doubt among even some of his closest advisers.

Unlike Obama, Reagan had a long record of writings that originated from his own wealth of experience and ideals. He was not a political figure simply created from the void and propped up by the media. Reagan possessed one of the most intuitive and naturally gifted political minds of the second half of the American 20th Century.

As such, to compare Reagan to Obama is not entirely applicable. Reagan had skill both as a candiate AND a leader. Obama, while enjoying skill as candidate, has yet to prove anything near the skill of Reagan as leader. Obama has no real record of political intellectual thought - and what record there is is like a fog that dissipates when exposed to the light of the sun - it is there but not there.

Obama may develop skills as a leader, but to reach Reagan's lofty political heights, he has a very very long way to go yet...

When all is said and done, Obama will rank higher than Reagan as a president.

Write it down

Gallup: The New Outlier

Indeed - it appears Rasmussen had his hand on the pulse before anyone else.

Now both polling agencies are right wing outliers in the minds of the hapless libs...

Any Poll that doesn't worship the Hopey Changey One will immediately be labeled a biased "Outlier" Poll by the Hopey Changey loons. I actually remember when all these same loons used to constantly lavish praise on Gallup. Now that Gallup isn't showing positive numbers for their Hopey Changey,they're all calling it an "Outlier" Poll as well. What a scam. :(

When all is said and done, Obama will rank higher than Reagan as a president.

Write it down

OK...written down...
Now..I am curious....this will be for what?

Clsoing GITMO? Oh wait....words, just words
C-Span during debates?.....oops....words just words
Cutting spending? My mistake....words just words
Reading all bills and scrutinizing them for waste? Can you say AIG bonuses?

Come to think of it....with all of his accomplishments in his first year......exactly which ones did he actually....ahem....accomplish?

Forum List

Back