Obama invents YET ANOTHER way to spend more money in the name of improving education

How about
1# A reward system for producing a high rate of success
2# End all free passes for students that don't meet requirements. You pass this grade or we're holding you back.
3# Fire teachers that have a poor record of success.(some standard)
4# Link benefits or increase them for parents that take part in their children's life. These people have to give something back for the benefits.
5# Give more choices within education; give the student the choice to go to public or private schools on public funds.

6# I think once you're in highs schools it should be a choice. Most of the problem children really don't want to be there. Maybe, just maybe if we give them the choice to forgo their education until a later time...Well, we might make for a better learning environment?

A system that works for the advancement of the student. What's the point of our educational system if not for the student?

Last edited:
How about
1# A reward system for producing a high rate of success
2# End all free passes for students that don't meet requirements. You pass this grade or we're holding you back.
3# Fire teachers that have a poor record of success.(some standard)
4# Link benefits or increase them for parents that take part in their children's life. These people have to give something back for the benefits.
5# Give more choices within education; give the student the choice to go to public or private schools on public funds.

6# I think once you're in highs schools it should be a choice. Most of the problem children really don't want to be there. Maybe, just maybe if we give them the choice to forgo their education until a later time...Well, we might make for a better learning environment?

A system that works for the advancement of the student. What's the point of our educational system if not for the student?

I don't know about #5 and #6...but the rest OK.
All the Obama is interested in is #1..pay more to better teachers while keeping the salaries and fantastic benefits for lousy teachers that fail our system everyday.
I didn't hear anything about accountability in his speech.

The intent isn't to improve education. It's a typical smoke and mirrors dirty trick to pander to the Hussein base and the loyal media.

I've done extensive work towards implementing a Master Teacher program in our state. But (and that's a big butt) it is specific to a particular industry. For example (not my instance) "Ag In The Classroom" is an effort to groom Master Teachers for the purpose of educating kids regarding agricultural subjects.

What Ofuckma should do is approach the business community and encourage them to individually develop their own "Master Teacher" programs. This could be inclusive of all diciplines. Even the social sciences. These specific industries and diciplines would be more than happy to fund it themselves. In my instance, we are paying high dollar to train and equip teachers to utilize a curriculum specific to our industry.

Otwatma is governing from above, not from below. Not from within the ranks.

He's a floundering soul that has no place in the White House.

Forum List

Back