Obama has another epiphany. It's the economy stupid.

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
Well..finally...after 1 year in office trying to ram through a host of unwanted progressive social programs Obama realizes that he has done little to NOTHING to help our ailing economy.
While White House officials still insist they inherited a broken economy from President George W. Bush, there's little doubt that people now fully see it as Obama's economy — and expect him to lead the way in fixing it.
Ya...keep blaming Bush...that strategy will work...:lol:
More than half of the 7 million-plus jobs lost since the recession began in December 2007 vanished since Obama signed the $787 billion stimulus package last Feb. 17. That aid was intended to help reverse job losses.
Can you say FAIL!!!???
and I just love this one.....first it was Obama: "The Stimulus has put us on the road to recovery!!!!!"
now it's...
Obama and the Federal Reserve must get their exit strategies just right. They must unwind the low-interest rates and multibillion-dollar stimulus spending that have propped up the economy. Otherwise inflation could return with a vengeance and deficits become unsustainable.

The Stimulus was a monumental failure...Obama's 187 billion dollar jobs program was a failure....Obama will now raise taxes on all Americans because he cannot cut spending, the Democrat Congress would have a shit fit....the debt ceiling was raised to 14.3 trillion dollars...Obama has added 2 trillion dollars to the National Debt in his first year in office...

Yep Obama OWNS THIS ECONOMY!!!!

Obama facing huge economic challenges ahead - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

Hey look. Chris was touting the massive recovery in housing based on speculative investment....not reality.

I hope this Congress is shown the door. It's patently obvious that they don't know shit about spending the people's money on things America asks for. All they want to do spend it on their lobbyist buddies.

Hey look. Chris was touting the massive recovery in housing based on speculative investment....not reality.

I hope this Congress is shown the door. It's patently obvious that they don't know shit about spending the people's money on things America asks for. All they want to do spend it on their lobbyist buddies.

1.2 BILLION dollars later we know that, yet the kool aid drinkers do not. No jobs were created at all by the outlay of money. If we add in the bank bail out we are over 2 Trillion dollars but some of that got paid back.

But OBama's solution is to demonize banks, proposing to slap a big tax on them. This is the Democratic way: When people are making money you tax them and when they aren't you give them subsidies.
The man is totally clueless. Now he is floundering. You would think the President would have access to competent advisors who can tell him how to fix this. It isn't a mystery.

He did get left more messes than just the economy.

BTW the stimulus was smaller than intended because somepeople screamed about its size.

There was a reason for it original size much like there was a reason the generals in Iraq asked for a large force even though they were refused it.

It would have worked MUCH better to stem the tide.

So 28% of GDP wasn't enough to end the recession? Even though much smaller interventions in the past did so?
WHat planet do you live on again?

So 28% of GDP wasn't enough to end the recession? Even though much smaller interventions in the past did so?

Well obviously it was not.
Did Bush's tax rebates prevent/end it? Did the Republican supported TARP end it?

http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/7/5/saupload_cm_capture_12.jpg

Please take a look at this chart and realise what was done under Bush (with many on heres support) and how obvious it was that something was not right.

This mess could have been avoided but the right refused to deal with the hard facts so they could have Good numbers and could leave this curse to the next president.

Now you are acting like it should all be solved in the snap of a finger.

Well obviously it was not.
Did Bush's tax rebates prevent/end it? Did the Republican supported TARP end it?

Wrong answer.
THe correct answer is: The bigger the intervention, the less chance it has to succeed because it circumvents the normal workings of the market.
No, Bush's tax rebates did not do anything but increase the deficit. That's why I opposed it. The TARP initially stabilized the banks and prevented the system from freezing up. That was good. When Bush extended it to the auto companies by executive order I opposed it. Obama did nothing to change the "failed policies of George W Bush" but instead extended them.
I thought he ran on change? I guess "change" is the only thing I'll have left when he gets done.

The "normal" workings of our market is the main reason for this mess.

btw I was against TARP and the GM bailout.

Too big to let fail is too big to let exist.

Last edited:
I think tarp could have been done in such a way that the US MADE money off of it to pay for the rest of the mess fixing.

The Bush guy Paulson gave a freebee to the asholes who made the mess.

The biggest thing that pisses me off about this recession is that we are still listening to and calling them experts, those who bigtime helped create the mess and could not see it coming.

I think tarp could have been done in such a way that the US MADE money off of it to pay for the rest of the mess fixing.

The Bush guy Paulson gave a freebee to the asholes who made the mess.

Earth to truthmatters...the TARP is being repaid as we speak and the government has made a profit!!

Forum List

Back