Obama-GOP will try to scare voters

Fear and greed and sex are great motivators. Madison Avenue has been using those to sell soap for fifty years now.

Hope?

Well generally something that vague won't work, but some Americans feel so hopeless right now, that it may actually work this time around.

Last edited:
The Republicans need a terrorist attack or a brown man with facial hair(Willie Horton, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein) to help them win the presidency. They have failed in the things that really matter like fiscal responsibility, healthcare, and energy policy, but a scarey boogieman might put them over the top and make Romney president after McCain dies.

The GOP is already working on this:

With 99 days until the presidential election, the Department of Homeland Security is raising vague concerns about possible terrorist attacks in the US or abroad.

ABC News' Pierre Thomas says DHS officials are "quietly declaring" that the US is entering a "Period of Heightened Alert" because of the upcoming Olympics, the Democratic and Republican conventions, the November elections and the fact that a new president will be taking office in January. Officials tell Thomas the next 11 months will be "a time frame when terrorists may have more incentive to attack."

Accusations of politicization haunted DHS's decision to move the nation's color-coded advisory system from yellow, or elevated risk, to orange, or high risk, just three months before the 2004 election. (A week after President Bush was re-elected, the agency returned the advisory back to yellow.)

This time around, DHS isn't changing colors, Thomas reports, because the "do not want to be accused of trying to inject themselves into the presidential campaign."

The Raw Story | Still at Code Yellow, DHS fears 11 months of 'heightened alert'

Watch the video from the link

The Republicans need a terrorist attack or a brown man with facial hair(Willie Horton, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein) to help them win the presidency. They have failed in the things that really matter like fiscal responsibility, healthcare, and energy policy, but a scarey boogieman might put them over the top and make Romney president after McCain dies.

Funny story that sort of explains why conservatives are the way they are. It's in their makeup. Now I'm sure they will say this explains liberals and how we don't like free trade, but this story is more about how these chimps don't like to give up anything, even when they are getting the better end of the deal. Sort of reminds me of Iraq. We were getting cheap oil for food, yet that wasn't enough. Anyways, enjoy:

Chimps don't like bartering things, even when they're trading up. (
This new finding could shed light on the mysterious origins of bartering in humans, scientists say.
Researchers investigated the circumstances under which chimpanzees would exchange one highly valued commodity for another — say, an apple slice for a grape. These are the first experiments to explore such barter with humanity's closest living relatives.
The chimps often did not spontaneously barter food items, but needed to be trained to engage in such barter. They proved willing to trade if they could trade something they did not like much, such as carrots, for something they liked a lot, such as grapes.
However, even after the apes had learned to perform food barters with reliable human trading partners, they were in general loath to conduct extreme deals in which a very good commodity, such as apple slices, had to be sacrificed to get even more preferred items, grapes.
"This reluctance to trade appears to be deeply ingrained in the chimpanzee psyche," said researcher Sarah Brosnan, a primatologist at Georgia State University in Atlanta. "They're perfectly capable of barter, but they don't do so in a way which will maximize their outcomes."
Chimps show reluctance to barter - LiveScience - MSNBC.com

When was the last time we had a "terror alert?"

Right before the 2006 election!

What a surprise!!!

But it didn't work in 2006. The Dems won in Congress.

Isn't Obama trying to scare the voters with claims that the GOP will scare the voters?

:eusa_whistle:

No, warn you. Give you a heads up.

So will conservatives blame Obama if something does happen and he said the GOP was just trying to scare us? More reason for them to let another 9-11 happen.

As the election approaches the "terror alert system" will rise from yellow to orange to red.

Mark my words.....

As the election approaches the "terror alert system" will rise from yellow to orange to red.

Mark my words.....

And Iranian speed boats will also "threaten" our giant, multi-billion dollar warship in the Persian Gulf.

Helpless we are, simply helpless!

So will conservatives blame Obama if something does happen and he said the GOP was just trying to scare us? More reason for them to let another 9-11 happen.

Warn you, scare you...what's the difference?

I'm still having trouble believing Obama is claiming McCain is a racist. That's not going to play well with the public.

Warn you, scare you...what's the difference?

I'm still having trouble believing Obama is claiming McCain is a racist. That's not going to play well with the public.

You and I probably haven't seen all the commercials. Where do you live? I doubt they will play the same commercials here in Michigan as they will maybe in S. Carolina, Virginia or W. Virginia.

What works there might not fly here. That's why I love my national media shows. They find everything out.

I heard about a particular commercial or tactic the McCain camp has used and it was offensive/racist. I'll find details.

PS. Calling the Makaka guy from Jim Webb's state worked. If the evidence is there, you don't have to call them racist. Just object to what they said and let the people decide. Makaka. Now that was racist/offensive. That guy was so arrogant. He thought he was going to be President. Not anymore.

And Iranian speed boats will also "threaten" our giant, multi-billion dollar warship in the Persian Gulf.

Helpless we are, simply helpless!

No, I think it would be more effective if a Iranian fishing boat tries to catch a US aircraft carrier in its nets. I mean, it is probably more believable.

That alone should be enough to place the entire US fleet on red alert.

Duh, Fake JFK had every opportunity to discredit the accusations about both his military service and his anti-war rallying after his "service". Since he did not, one has to assume that it all was true. Mr Obama has the same opportunity and the American people will be aghast to find out that despite what the critics say; he really has foreign policy experience, rational judgement, no tendency to windsock about issue after issue, doesn't introduce a racial element where none has been advanced by anyone else, and stick his foot in his mouth by thought , word, and deed,( causing voters to be afraid he has no judgement or leadership ability)......I can't wait until the debates where he has to veer athwart the teleprompter for seconds at a time. the 'ol perfessor

No what he is trying to do is tell you to just IGNORE the very real and legitimate questions about Obama that the GOP and Conservatives are raising about him, and his proposed policies.

He is also most definately playing the Race card in reverse by claiming the GOP will try to scare people because he does not look like us, or like former presidents. That is a clear reference to his race. Considering the GOP has not said anything about him being black. I think that is a baseless claim, and frankly below the supposed unifying Candidate of Hope and change!

Last edited:
Duh, Fake JFK had every opportunity to discredit the accusations about both his military service and his anti-war rallying after his "service". Since he did not, one has to assume that it all was true. Mr Obama has the same opportunity and the American people will be aghast to find out that despite what the critics say; he really has foreign policy experience, rational judgement, no tendency to windsock about issue after issue, doesn't introduce a racial element where none has been advanced by anyone else, and stick his foot in his mouth by thought , word, and deed,( causing voters to be afraid he has no judgement or leadership ability)......I can't wait until the debates where he has to veer athwart the teleprompter for seconds at a time. the 'ol perfessor

I can't wait for the debates either. He beat Hillary, he can beat McCain.

"Here's the podium, Grandpa......"

So......lies are okay if the accused does not refute them? Okay...

But I really don't think Obama will need an ear prompter and I doubt he will have the buldge on his back from the wireless. It appears he doesn't have a terrible time pronouncing three syllable words, as is the case with the present WH occupant.

McCain will be a worthy debate opponent. If he would hold his moderate line, he could gain more undecided votes. But he has chosen his side by pandering to the far right. Romney will probably be waiting in the wings...during the debates and if McCain is elected. I CAN NOT vote for McCain if he closes Romney as VP.

McCain will not make it through one term, so if McCain is elected, then Mitt Romney will be president.

Forum List

Back