Obama going to cut costs

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
"In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the elimination of dozens of government programs shown to be wasteful or ineffective," he said. "In this effort, there will be no sacred cows and no pet projects. All across America, families are making hard choices, and it's time their government did the same."

"Earlier this week, President Obama said that we need to get serious about fiscal discipline by trimming waste in the federal budget," Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said in the GOP address. "Republicans couldn't agree more. We want to work with the president to get our financial house back in order."
Obama To Ask Agency Heads for Budget Cuts - Politics and Government * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

I don't think he ll cut the deficit in half by this effort alone, but hey it is a good start

Obama before he cuts the deficit is first going to spend in 100 days more than George Bush spent in 8 years, he is going to increase the deficit 2000%, than cut it in half to a level four times the level it is today, thus Obama has cut it in half. Brilliant.

Media Matters - On Grant's radio show, Coulter suggests Obama's "civilian national security force" will lead to "a lot more Waco raids"

The following is Obamas exact words, I heard him say it, its everywhere, check out mediamatters.org
Thats where I dug this up.
We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

So if we take Obama at his word he will need to add the equivalent amount of funding for AmeriCorp that is spent on the military, so another, being conservate 533 billion dollars. Got to have a lot of cutting to offset this figure.

That is just the budget for year to year, now Obama has to make up for lost time, the year to year budget will not bring AmeriCorp up to strength with the military so Obama will intially have to spend about 12.3 trillion dollars, considering all the assets of the military, that is where the strength is.

So now we can see how dangerous Obama is, a force as strong as the military, meaning able to destryo the military. I am getting off track here, I best slow down before the brown shirts kick in my door.

"In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the elimination of dozens of government programs shown to be wasteful or ineffective," he said. "In this effort, there will be no sacred cows and no pet projects. All across America, families are making hard choices, and it's time their government did the same."

"Earlier this week, President Obama said that we need to get serious about fiscal discipline by trimming waste in the federal budget," Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said in the GOP address. "Republicans couldn't agree more. We want to work with the president to get our financial house back in order."
Obama To Ask Agency Heads for Budget Cuts - Politics and Government * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

I don't think he ll cut the deficit in half by this effort alone, but hey it is a good start

Why not pay every department head a ten percent bonus for every dollar they come in under budget? Have these departments run like businesses rather than the bureacracy that they are.

Good. I'll be interested to see what he cuts and how much it saves.

Media Matters - On Grant's radio show, Coulter suggests Obama's "civilian national security force" will lead to "a lot more Waco raids"

The following is Obamas exact words, I heard him say it, its everywhere, check out mediamatters.org
Thats where I dug this up.
We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

So if we take Obama at his word he will need to add the equivalent amount of funding for AmeriCorp that is spent on the military, so another, being conservate 533 billion dollars. Got to have a lot of cutting to offset this figure.

That is just the budget for year to year, now Obama has to make up for lost time, the year to year budget will not bring AmeriCorp up to strength with the military so Obama will intially have to spend about 12.3 trillion dollars, considering all the assets of the military, that is where the strength is.

So now we can see how dangerous Obama is, a force as strong as the military, meaning able to destryo the military. I am getting off track here, I best slow down before the brown shirts kick in my door.

Just what we really need a KGB, sooper..........

more double speak from the statist, ignore obama's own word and actions.

It is through the confiscation of property that the marxist controls the people, obama's ideas are not new, they were tried by Stalin, tens of millions died, tried by cuba, look at the sad shape cuba is in, look at the millions dead, now obama issues a report calling anyone who disagrees with obama a threat to national securtiy.

marxist facism, make no mistake about it, there are some that blindly follow, others know, and agree witn marxism, will they state thier ideals, nope, they will deny and hide for they are cowards.

In 100 days Congress and Obama have spent more money than all the Bush years, and people talk of cuts and savings, check your wallet, you got more money, you on your way to by a new car, new computer.

Money represents private property, the marxist statist will deny man of his private property.

more double speak from the statist, ignore obama's own word and actions.

It is through the confiscation of property that the marxist controls the people, obama's ideas are not new, they were tried by Stalin, tens of millions died, tried by cuba, look at the sad shape cuba is in, look at the millions dead, now obama issues a report calling anyone who disagrees with obama a threat to national securtiy.

marxist facism, make no mistake about it, there are some that blindly follow, others know, and agree witn marxism, will they state thier ideals, nope, they will deny and hide for they are cowards.

In 100 days Congress and Obama have spent more money than all the Bush years, and people talk of cuts and savings, check your wallet, you got more money, you on your way to by a new car, new computer.

Money represents private property, the marxist statist will deny man of his private property.

That's it? You better check you sources. I heard Obama is just like Hitler, has already spent more than the reast of the Presidents combined, and wants to kill anyone earning more than $250,000.

No. What would have been a good start would have been a veto on the spending bill that had 9000 earmarks in it.

No. What would have been a good start would have been a veto on the spending bill that had 9000 earmarks in it.
yeah, like actually doing something he said he would do

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong,
but doesn't the federal government do baseline budgeting?
Don't they take last years budget and just assume a 10% increase? Then, when they only increase a line item by 8%, don't they call that a cut in the budget?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong,
but doesn't the federal government do baseline budgeting?
Don't they take last years budget and just assume a 10% increase? Then, when they only increase a line item by 8%, don't they call that a cut in the budget?
you are correct

Yessir! New 'sacrifices' by "THE Government..." Hmmm.. Let's see... New Jet fighters... Fast Cruisers... Intelligence and Special Ops programs... General Military funding for training; upgrades and general maintence of existing equipment, purchasing of new equipment... cutting the size and scope of the Military...

And when the next American administration comes into power, the left can cry about "ALL THE NEW SPENDING" which they implement to buy new equipment to make the US military ready to do the job that was put on hold for four years...

Divecon nailed it...

You see kids... What The Lord of the Idiots said was: "THE GOVERNMENT" needs to cut cost... make sacrifices... Social Programs, Earmarks and such are NOT Government spending, THAT spending is essential to "The People..."

Which is why it's essential for "The Sum of individuals who comprise the citizenry" to become fluent in double-speak... that way they'll know WHO screwed them; how they screwed them and WHEN.

Last edited:

He was able to get away with that by saying it was "last administration's business".

He was able to get away with that by saying it was "last administration's business".

Which is understandable, given the tremendous support which the legislative majority and the new administration HAVE for the business of 'the last administration...'

Bottom line? Hussein is a liar...

But then, hey... when it's all said and done, what Leftist isn't?

Smartt: All I can really say is that America is in deep stuff, and Americans are being pushed deeper. Look out, if this prez stays, we lose.

Forum List

Back