Obama, Democrats are Damaging Business Confidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toro, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,013
    Obama and the Democrats inherited the most difficult economic environment since the Depression. The economy would be bad no matter who was in power. But they are impeding the economic recovery. The Democrats are instilling a sense of no confidence in the business community. This is stalling business investment and thus job creation.

This is from the CEO of Emerson, David Farr, on the company's latest quarterly conference call.

Jeff Matthews Is Not Making This Up: The Most Important Call of the Year: “I’ve Got All The Clarity I Need”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,753
    I have a hard time believing partisans.

Mr. Farr has aggressively moved Emerson production and design operations to low-cost, low-regulation environments outside the United States, particularly the People's Republic of China. Under Mr. Farr's leadership, Emerson laid off 14% of its U.S. workforce in 2009, eliminating nearly 20,000 jobs. While speaking at the Baird Industrial Outlook Conference in Chicago, in November 2009, Mr. Farr attacked the Obama administration for its attention to "labor rules" and "health reform", and stated: "What do you think I'm going to do? I'm not going to hire anyone in the United States. I'm moving."

Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst have identified Emerson as the 97th largest corporate producer of air pollution in the United States, down from its previous rank of 56th. Major pollutants indicated by the study include nickel compounds, manganese, diisocyanate, and lead.[5]

Both of those paragraphs are from Wikipedia.

3. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,013
    It's coming from other CEOs too.