Obama declares war on women

Is he a femmephobe????

On the contrary. He has two daughters and while you may not like him, he is still a father. And he doesn't want the fringe fuckups in this country to deprive them of their rights. Make sense? Hello...???? (Thumping on empty skull) Hmmm...sounds empty in there.

You seem a bit slow on the uptake...so let me explain the post.

It is designed to poke fun at the made-up words that Left uses to castigate opponents.

Get it now?

It would be funny if it made sense. It's against the law for a state to tell someone on Medicaid, which licensed provider they can't use. So the joke is on those who bought into the tortured logic of that Town Hall opinion. It's just another case of the right wing taking away women's choices.

Federal law is NOT be all to end all in this.

Really? Then what is?

The LAW regarding this...

As I understand the sequence of events (Obama Administration Shuts Down Texas Women's Health Program - International Business Times

- Texas passed a law saying that no government funds, including those given by the federal government to Texas, could be spent at any clinic where abortions were performed, even on services unrelated to abortion.

- Pursuant to federal law, the federal government was obligated to stop providing funds for this program, since Texas had stopped spending the money on what the federal government required them to.

- The Obama administration could have granted Texas a waiver, but chose not to.

- Oddly, Texas governor Rick Perry pledged to fully fund "these services" even though the cost to Texas will be ten times greater without the federal aid. As far as I can tell, this was a lie and what he meant was that Texas might fund some of the services that they aren't ideologically opposed to, rather than all of the services that used to be offered (some of which Texas has just made it illegal to fund).

So it appears that the Obama administration has cut off funds to Texas because Texas refuses to spend them on the services for which they are intended in a practical way (for example, to perform breast cancer screening in an existing facility, rather than building a dedicated facility that doesn't offer certain unrelated medical procedures). If Rick Perry is telling the truth, Texas women don't have anything to worry about anyway because he will somehow fund the services anyway.

Perry, who slammed the federal government constantly during his short-lived bid for the Republican presidential nomination, has directed state health officials to find the funding to keep the program going from other parts of the budget, but he has promised not to raise revenues to cover the costs.

The STATE will cover it themselves looks like to me.

Perry, who slammed the federal government constantly during his short-lived bid for the Republican presidential nomination, has directed state health officials to find the funding to keep the program going from other parts of the budget, but he has promised not to raise revenues to cover the costs.

Yeah ... if they could cover it all themselves, they wouldn't have needed the Federal funding.

I think Perry is being dishonest.

Yeah ... if they could cover it all themselves, they wouldn't have needed the Federal funding.

I think Perry is being dishonest.

Seems to me MORE states should get off the Federal TIT and assert the Ninth and tenth amendments and tell the FED to fuck off.

On the contrary. He has two daughters and while you may not like him, he is still a father. And he doesn't want the fringe fuckups in this country to deprive them of their rights. Make sense? Hello...???? (Thumping on empty skull) Hmmm...sounds empty in there.

It is designed to poke fun at the made-up words that Left uses to castigate opponents.

Get it now?

It would be funny if it made sense. It's against the law for a state to tell someone on Medicaid, which licensed provider they can't use. So the joke is on those who bought into the tortured logic of that Town Hall opinion. It's just another case of the right wing taking away women's choices.

You do note, Tick, that your post had nothing to do with the substance of the quote to which it linked....or don't you?

Actually, sounds like the state is to blame on this one. Why do they think they don't have to follow Federal law?

The federal law that allows states to determine who is, and is not, qualified for state funds?

As interpreted by Rick "I've Never Seen Brokeback Mountain" Perry.

Thanks, but I'll stick with the interpretation that came from the people who passed the law.

That wouldn't be Obama.

Just saying.

Texas Medicaid Funds Cut Over Planned Parenthood - WSJ.com

"Medicaid law is clear—patients, not state government officials, are able to choose the health-care providers that are best for them and their families," said Cindy Mann, a top official at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, in a conference call with reporters after the letter was released.
Nope, this is just more of the right wing war on women. Who the hell is the state to tell women which licensed health care provider they can choose?

Feds do it all the time.

Texas Medicaid Funds Cut Over Planned Parenthood - WSJ.com

"Medicaid law is clear—patients, not state government officials, are able to choose the health-care providers that are best for them and their families," said Cindy Mann, a top official at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, in a conference call with reporters after the letter was released.
Nope, this is just more of the right wing war on women. Who the hell is the state to tell women which licensed health care provider they can choose?

Feds do it all the time.
Obamacare means to.

Is he a femmephobe????

Get it now?
Santorum is "at war" with women also ; )

Get it now?

Are you saying the state has no say in who is qualified?

To YOU it wouldn't. No shock here.

Then explain to us all how the 9th and 10th Amendments apply to this discussion.
YOU need to go read them first.

I assume The T's argument (with which I would not entirely agree) goes something like this:

The tenth amendment to the US constitution reads:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This could be interpreted to mean that the federal government has no right to provide health care to its citizens, or at least that it has no right to dictate to a state how it may provide health care.

If we accept this point, then the only power the federal government has in directing Texas in how to spend its funds is by threatening to withhold federal funds from Texas. Thus, if Texas declines to accept any federal funds they are free, under the tenth amendment, to provide healthcare however they want. If they accept federal funds, they effectively lose this putative right.

The ninth amendment reads:

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I'm not sure how this applies. The matter at hand seems to be entirely a dispute between a state government and the federal government, so I don't see how a vague reference to the rights of the people applies.

Forum List

Back