Obama Cuts Could Make Air Force Smallest Ever And Make Navy Smallest Since 1915

Hmmm, cut wasteful military spending or cut Medicare and SS...

I'll take wasteful military spending for $1000, Alex.

These people want to cut our spending on healthcare and SS so we can better afford to defend half of the rest of the world for free,

so THEY can use their savings on defense to better afford healthcare and SS.

How is it possible for people to be that stupid and still know how to work a computer??? :lol:

Tell Eastern Europe that we are withdrawing our forces from Germany, and see how those countries will react, or russia will react for that matter.

Tell Korea and China we are removing our forces from Japan, and allowing them to fully rearm, and see how stable the Western Pacific stays.

Reduce our navy down to just enough to protect our coasts, and see how international maritime trade suffers.

Just because you don't understand history, does not mean my points are "nonsensical"

The idea that we are in Germany defending that country's interests for free because there is a real threat of another Hitler emerging is as nonsensical as nonsensical can be.

Who needs a hitler? A Kaiser was enough for WWI, and prussia went to war multiple times under a King. Just ask the Poles how worried they are about Germany.

Plus if Germany fully rearmed, the Russians would increase thier military as well.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. Also see below for a simpler explanation.

History%20Schmistory.jpg

You are correct. It would create a serious arms race if we were to pull out of Germany. That is one reason why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes for it would start a massive arms race in the Middle East.

Why? They are about the only logical conservative rebuttal that I can see. And they do make sense.

We need to spend 7 times what the Chinese or Russians spend on defense for fear of pirates is not nonsensical?

Create a situation where every sea voyage by a merchant ship runs the risk of hijacking and see what happens to the world's economy.

We are a net importer. We have a trade deficit. Transocean commerce and its security is thus a much greater economic interest for foreign nations than ours.

The idea that we are in Germany defending that country's interests for free because there is a real threat of another Hitler emerging is as nonsensical as nonsensical can be.

Who needs a hitler? A Kaiser was enough for WWI, and prussia went to war multiple times under a King. Just ask the Poles how worried they are about Germany.

Plus if Germany fully rearmed, the Russians would increase thier military as well.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. Also see below for a simpler explanation.

History%20Schmistory.jpg

You are correct. It would create a serious arms race if we were to pull out of Germany. That is one reason why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes for it would start a massive arms race in the Middle East.

Jeezus, I say it as a joke and you morons run with it. omg, it's hopeless.

Oh and btw, if we had stayed out of WWI, there is almost no chance there ever would have been a Hitler.

We need to spend 7 times what the Chinese or Russians spend on defense for fear of pirates is not nonsensical?

Create a situation where every sea voyage by a merchant ship runs the risk of hijacking and see what happens to the world's economy.

We are a net importer. We have a trade deficit. Transocean commerce and its security is thus a much greater economic interest for foreign nations than ours.

How would the fact that we are a net importer lessen the impact of increased insecurity on the oceans? We also export a large amount of foodstuffs to many nations, as well as finished high end products, the loss of which would throw the WORLD's economy into chaos.

Now the loss of cheap chinese goods may not seem like a big deal, but what about oil? or strategic minerals that the US cannot mine in its own territory?

Loss of control of the seas would be a disaster for us.

Welcome to the unintended consequences to making the country's finances into a partisan game of chicken.

History%20Schmistory.jpg

Jeezus, I say it as a joke and you morons run with it. omg, it's hopeless.

Oh and btw, if we had stayed out of WWI, there is almost no chance there ever would have been a Hitler.

And a europe controlled by Germany would have 100% chance of being better?

Loss of control of the seas would be a disaster for us.

China will soon control the world. They can protect us. We have no choice, since we can't outspend them like Reagan did the Soviets.

My apologies for interupting this high level conversation, but at least two of you speak of Leon Panetta as if he were a war hawk Republican. He's a Democrat sent to the Pentagon to hollow it out. He's talking shit now but watch what happens to DOD if we don't get him out of there in the next 14 months. It'll be ugly.

My apologies for interupting this high level conversation, but at least two of you speak of Leon Panetta as if he were a war hawk Republican. He's a Democrat sent to the Pentagon to hollow it out. He's talking shit now but watch what happens to DOD if we don't get him out of there in the next 14 months. It'll be ugly.

Yep, and it needs to get ugly. Real ugly.

Panetta: "Oh noes, don't take away the military's mountain of money! How will we pay for our overpriced pet projects?"

If such drastic cutbacks were to be made, I would give Obama a standing ovation. We might still have the largest military budget in the world after that; that's how much money the DoD is wasting right now. Also, I've said it before and will say it again; what the U.S is doing with its military right now is doing the country more harm than good in more ways than one (creating more enemies for us, wasting American lives on futile nation-building missions, wasting valuable resources and money, etc). It's a win-win-win situation.

Scratch that last thought, there would be losers: Weapons/military equipment manufacturers, uber-hawks in the GOP that financially benefit from said manufacturers... and that's all I can think of.
If the proposed cuts in defense are made, how long will it be before another 9/11 happens only this time they may take out a whole city like L.A. or New York. I saw the world on the brink in the Cuban Missile Crisis and don't ever want to be that close to total destruction again, so unless you've been there, don't comment on something you've never experienced.

Isn't it odd, that even with a very large military budget, 9/11 DID happen?

I guess the gutting of the nation's human intelligence capabilities and to some extent electronic intell by Bill Clinton had nothing to do with 9-11?

If the proposed cuts in defense are made, how long will it be before another 9/11 happens only this time they may take out a whole city like L.A. or New York. I saw the world on the brink in the Cuban Missile Crisis and don't ever want to be that close to total destruction again, so unless you've been there, don't comment on something you've never experienced.

I guess the gutting of the nation's human intelligence capabilities and to some extent electronic intell by Bill Clinton had nothing to do with 9-11?

You mean that because Clinton "gutted" the intell capabilities, no one knew OBL was a danger? That OBL was planning something? That there weren't Muslims learning how to fly but not how to land?

Most people on here usually mock your comments because they just don't make sense.

I just ignore them because I think you are just trying to get a reaction from people. Surely you are more intelligent than your postings show. Aren't you?

Hot diggity dog, I knew we'd get around to dragging Bill Clinton into this - even though he and Richard Clarke warned Bush and Condi about impending strikes. Please go on...

You mean that because Clinton "gutted" the intell capabilities, no one knew OBL was a danger? That OBL was planning something? That there weren't Muslims learning how to fly but not how to land?

yeah, that's it.

Most people on here usually mock your comments because they just don't make sense.

I just ignore them because I think you are just trying to get a reaction from people. Surely you are more intelligent than your postings show. Aren't you?

When in Rome...

It does need to get ugly, America needs to be awakened to the incredible level of waste and influence buying we have allowed to go unchallenged for decades.

That is too nonsensical to even respond to.

Why? They are about the only logical conservative rebuttal that I can see. And they do make sense.

They aren't pirates on the high seas?

I mean really? Do you think before you type?

And that isn't the only reason. Marty is right about Europe. Most are deathly afraid of a united Germany. They are also afraid of Russia..which really did have control of many Republics that are now independent. In Asia, both Japan and Taiwan are extremely fearful of Chinese dominance.

Forum List

Back