Obama caricature angers some Shore-goers, others claim free speech

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A new game on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that involves hurling baseballs at a super-caricaturized mannequin of President Obama is creating a buzz among gawkers — some of them offended.

The game features the likenesses of famous and infamous public figures and has some visitors debating whether the president’s likeness — all ears and teeth — is tasteless and should be taken down. Still others say the very idea of throwing baseballs at the president is offensive. Obama is sandwiched between likenesses of Osama bin Laden and former Boston Red Sox and Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez.

By this afternoon, because of media attention, Whalen placed a pale pink plastic bag over the mannequin’s head, leaving just a body in a black suit and thin bright red tie among the seven other caricatures rotating on two carousels.

Seaside Heights game with Obama caricature angers some Shore-goers, others claim free speech | NJ.com

Comments?

Thin skinned is thin. Waaaahhhhh.

From the article:

The heads change every couple weeks as new characters come on board. Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is the next in line, with plans to be followed soon by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

$100 bucks says no story when this happens . . . ^ that's just all in good fun, eh?

Also from the article:

"I think it’s disrespectful ... I don’t think it should be there just for fun and games," Barrett said. "It’s not appropriate. It doesn’t even look like him. It looks like stuff from 50 years ago."

They made Obama too 'black'. :lol:

A new game on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that involves hurling baseballs at a super-caricaturized mannequin of President Obama is creating a buzz among gawkers — some of them offended.

The game features the likenesses of famous and infamous public figures and has some visitors debating whether the president’s likeness — all ears and teeth — is tasteless and should be taken down. Still others say the very idea of throwing baseballs at the president is offensive. Obama is sandwiched between likenesses of Osama bin Laden and former Boston Red Sox and Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez.

By this afternoon, because of media attention, Whalen placed a pale pink plastic bag over the mannequin’s head, leaving just a body in a black suit and thin bright red tie among the seven other caricatures rotating on two carousels.

Seaside Heights game with Obama caricature angers some Shore-goers, others claim free speech | NJ.com

Comments?
LMAO! I love this

I agree... non-issue.

Just wait for the GOP rally cry in '12

"Hang a ****** in '12"

featuring some David Allan Coe

I agree... non-issue.

"Hang a ****** in '12"

that's fucking DISGUSTING.
you dirty lowdown lefties NEVER cease to amaze with your outrageous BULLSHIT.

I agree... non-issue.

"Hang a ****** in '12"

that's fucking DISGUSTING.
you dirty lowdown lefties NEVER cease to amaze with your outrageous BULLSHIT.

Did you think David Allan Coe is a Democrat?

****** Hatin' Me Lyrics - David Allan Coe

Forum List

Back