Obama camp looking to expand the map?

What are you saying, that Obama will do better this time than he did in 08?

LOL.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

romney is an even worse candidate than mccain was. people respected mccain even if they disagreed with him...well, except for his VP pick

That's the way I felt about McCain, I like him as a senator.. sometimes. The rich candidates that Rs put up everytime are really at a disadvantage because they don't have the capacity to connect with the average joe.

Obama has some money, I'm sure, but he's also engaging. The Rs better come up with a candidate that has some intelligence plus personality because 2016 isn't going to get better for them if they don't.

Now that they're looking pretty good in nearly all of Obama's '08 states, there are some murmurs that the Obama camp is considering going after a McCain state--and not just any McCain state, McCain's state.

Signaling confidence, Obama's team is considering competing in Arizona.

Obama looked at competing in Arizona in 2008, but decided against it because of the support there for home state Sen. John McCain, the GOP nominee. Obama still won 45 percent of the vote.

This year, Obama's team talked early on about running in Arizona, which offers 11 electoral votes, but it never did. Now, with an internal Democratic poll showing Obama narrowly leading Romney, Obama's team might make a play for the state that has seen a 160,000 increase in voter registrations by Democratic-leaning Hispanics over the past four years.

Buying television time in Phoenix, the state's largest city, is expensive and Obama advisers are closely watching their finances.

That's not to say that competing in Arizona would be all about winning: going up on the air in the state — or sending the president in to campaign there, could force Romney to spend valuable resources defending a state he should be able to count on in the quest to reach 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory.

It is a bold move right now, Romney has to be everywhere at this point plus he has the debates. Obama can't exactly kick back but he is in a more comfortable position.

Given what is looking like the collapse of Mitt's campaign, one can understand why the Obaman campaigners might feel confident enough to consider going after states that formerly were solidly Republican.

One wonders, based on Mitt's tragic proformance to date, if the man even wants to win.

Given what is looking like the collapse of Mitt's campaign, one can understand why the Obaman campaigners might feel confident enough to consider going after states that formerly were solidly Republican.

One wonders, based on Mitt's tragic proformance to date, if the man even wants to win.

Romney’s ham sandwich strategy never envisioned being behind in all the swing states at this point in the campaign, not to mention having to defend safe states.

i think he wants to win because he thinks he's entitled to win.

do i think he likes politics and is good at campaigning?

not even a little.

LOL.

romney is an even worse candidate than mccain was. people respected mccain even if they disagreed with him...well, except for his VP pick

That's the way I felt about McCain, I like him as a senator.. sometimes. The rich candidates that Rs put up everytime are really at a disadvantage because they don't have the capacity to connect with the average joe.

Obama has some money, I'm sure, but he's also engaging. The Rs better come up with a candidate that has some intelligence plus personality because 2016 isn't going to get better for them if they don't.

i'd have voted for mccain 2000... it was a shame he veered right to try to become president. i don't know... baby bush was pretty good at connecting. even though he was an idiot as president, he was certainly likable on the stump.

obama has money... but isn't in the same stratosphere as romney. and he didn't grow up wealthy. but the kennedy's always managed to connect despite their wealth... and it seems that FDR was pretty good at it. Romney lacks the empathy gene, i think... i was only half kidding when i said he reminded me of Greg Marmalard from Animal House.

i'd have voted for mccain 2000... it was a shame he veered right to try to become president. i don't know... baby bush was pretty good at connecting. even though he was an idiot as president, he was certainly likable on the stump.

obama has money... but isn't in the same stratosphere as romney. and he didn't grow up wealthy. but the kennedy's always managed to connect despite their wealth... and it seems that FDR was pretty good at it. Romney lacks the empathy gene, i think... i was only half kidding when i said he reminded me of Greg Marmalard from Animal House.

I heard Romney gave a decent speech yesterday talking about world hunger and championing the poor around the globe.

The problem R candidates always have in recent times is with the Teaparty calling the shots, imo. They aren't able to be themselves and have their own agenda because the party has allowed these dimwit extremists to take control. Wrong headed and plain crazy.

Obama expanded our national debt, he expanded the annual deficit, he expanded the number of Americans living in poverty, he expanded the number of unemployed people, so its only natural he try to win more of our 57 states

Now that they're looking pretty good in nearly all of Obama's '08 states, there are some murmurs that the Obama camp is considering going after a McCain state--and not just any McCain state, McCain's state.

Signaling confidence, Obama's team is considering competing in Arizona.

Obama looked at competing in Arizona in 2008, but decided against it because of the support there for home state Sen. John McCain, the GOP nominee. Obama still won 45 percent of the vote.

This year, Obama's team talked early on about running in Arizona, which offers 11 electoral votes, but it never did. Now, with an internal Democratic poll showing Obama narrowly leading Romney, Obama's team might make a play for the state that has seen a 160,000 increase in voter registrations by Democratic-leaning Hispanics over the past four years.

Buying television time in Phoenix, the state's largest city, is expensive and Obama advisers are closely watching their finances.

That's not to say that competing in Arizona would be all about winning: going up on the air in the state — or sending the president in to campaign there, could force Romney to spend valuable resources defending a state he should be able to count on in the quest to reach 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory.

It makes sense;

If you look at the seniors that Ryan is alienating
If you look at the 47% that Romney is alienating
If you look at the Hispanic vote that the GOP has alienated

There is ample evidence for Obama being able to compete there. With this new revelation about Romney having financial woes, forcing him to respond in Arizona is a pretty Machiavellian move.

what seniors has he alienated,his plan changes NOTHING for seniors?

47% he spoke of were not voting for him anyway so nothing there

Hispanics historically lean right that won't change much.

Time will tell

It makes sense;

If you look at the seniors that Ryan is alienating
If you look at the 47% that Romney is alienating
If you look at the Hispanic vote that the GOP has alienated

There is ample evidence for Obama being able to compete there. With this new revelation about Romney having financial woes, forcing him to respond in Arizona is a pretty Machiavellian move.

what seniors has he alienated,his plan changes NOTHING for seniors?

Time will tell

He hasn't finished tinkering with Medicare (From his website):
How high will the premium support be? How quickly will it grow?
Mitt continues to work on refining the details of his plan, and he is exploring different options for ensuring that future seniors receive the premium support they need while also ensuring that competitive pressures encourage providers to improve quality and control cost. His goal is for Medicare to offer every senior affordable options that provide coverage and service at least as good as what today’s seniors receive. Lower income seniors in the future will receive the most generous benefits to ensure that they are able to get care every bit as good as that provided in the current Medicare program.

Medicare | Mitt Romney for President

Not very bright, are you?

Really?

Time will tell

It already has. Mitt should have give his concession speech at Clint's convention and saved himself the upcoming embarrassment. Obama by 5 million+ votes; 300-320 electoral college majority. Book it.

LOL.

In case you have not been following, there has been a distinct change in the makeup of this campaign. Since the time it was assumed that Romney would be the Republican nominee, the race has been pretty close in the polls; however, since Romney picked Ryan as his running mate, and after the conventions, the tide has definitely tilted in Obama's favor. What is happening now is turning into a runaway freight train, and if Romney doesn't find a way to put on the brakes, this could get ugly in a hurry for Republicans, and I'm not just talking about Romney. If this turns into a landslide for Obama, he could help a lot of Democrats take back Congressional seats. I still don't see a scenario where Dems take back the House, but at this rate, anything is possible. Even if the presidency is lost for Romney, he has to make a stand and stop the bleeding.

Republicans will retain the House, and although more of an uphill battle will likely take control of the Senate as well. The President will be re-elected, not by a landslide, but a comfortable, convincing margin – somewhere in the neighborhood of 303 EC votes.

It would be a smart move on the part of the Obama team – keeping his supporters well-energized and signaling confidence to the GOP and Nation as a whole. And as the article notes, It could also force Romney to defend a state he considered ‘safe,’ further depleting the republican’s resources and perhaps causing further disarray in an already poorly run campaign.

Don't forget the increasingly competitive Senate race in the state. Arizona would be a fine Senate pickup, regardless of where the state's electoral votes go.

That's the very reason, I would target Missouri if I were advising Obama.

Republicans will retain the House, and although more of an uphill battle will likely take control of the Senate as well. The President will be re-elected, not by a landslide, but a comfortable, convincing margin – somewhere in the neighborhood of 303 EC votes.

I agree with the house, but I'm starting to think the Dems will hang onto the senate. I think the final EC count will be in the 330 range.

Forum List

Back