Obama Announces Huge Tax Increases Are Only Solution

Rand viewed the capitalists, not the workers, as the producers of all wealth, and the workers not the capitalists....

useless parasites

Wrong. As usual, those who attack Rand have never read her books or know the slightest thing about her. Government employees are useless parasites, not workers.

Yes, Obama has given his campaign speech for the 2012 election.

He's said basically that income tax-cuts have to be paid for, which is a lie.

He's said that America is no better then Greece or any other country that's going broke.

But then he turns around and says what really makes America great is our welfare.

Damn. I thought it was because we're able to do what everyone else can't. Just about every country can do welfare and go broke in the process.

The line that will be seared into history as an example of a disconnect from what the United States really is came after a paean to how wonderful Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid really are. "We are a better country because of these commitments. I'll go further - we would not be a great country without those commitments," Obama said.

Last edited:
Most of the truly wealthy have already admitted that taxes will need to be raised. The tax cuts went too far. The issue is to use tax increases in combination with real cuts in spending, and not to just continue increasing spending. At the same time, we know Medicare is going to have to change, no matter what Obama wants. With the aging population and continually rising healthcare costs, it is growing out of control. Raising the age at which Medicare benefits can be received is the only way to curb and control costs while leaving the program intact.

If Republicans really want to get something done, they better get off of this idea that there will be no tax increases, because only using cuts to balance the budtget will end up causing even bigger problems in the long run.

The GOP vision of Medicare reform is that of your 85 year old invalid grandmother fighting with a for-profit insurance company day after day trying to get her bills paid.
Hmmm... isn't it strange? Government run healthcare denies benefits and reimbursements at about double the rate of for profit health insurance.

Seems that the liberal version is to make sure EVERYONE fights harder for help.

The Statist solution...spreading misery equally.

Dropping the tax break on charitable donations will hit the charities. People will be less inclined to give as much. How about the Government gives the tax we paid on any amount given to charity to the charity.

That way, the charity gets the benefit, not me and not the government.

That's not really true. Only 30% of those who contribute realize a deduction.

Americans For Fair Taxation: Frequently Asked Questions Answers

So can you handle a 30% reduction in income?

I think you need to read what was said becuase it doesn't look like you are following very well.

Shut the fuck up you fucken spammer.
gop_cry1.jpg

boehner-crying.jpg

Nice response. Is that what they teach at the lefty school of redistributing from those that earn to those that don't?

No wonder you people vote for each other. Following that woolly, bleating thing in front of you is easier than looking around and thinking for yourself.

So you ingore what he was repsonding to even as you attack him for responding in kind?? Thanks for the perfect example of blatant partisan hypocrisy.

Liberal Tactics 101. Come into office, massively increase spending then claim you have to raise taxes to tackle this debt problem you were "left with"

Basically what he is saying is this. We are spending 1.6 Trillion more than we take in. thanks in part to my increasing the Budget over 20% each year. So Instead of getting this spending under control, I am going to raise 1 Trillion a year in new taxes so we can keep spending this much every single year. YAY!

OMG I can not believe these people.

The US government should not need to spend 3.7 Trillion dollars a year. This is crazy. Why do they need to spend nearly 12,000 dollars for each man woman and child in this country every year. This is limited Government? This is sure insanity.

UH are you really that dense??

The reality is that it is a republican tactic to increase spending while giving taxcuts which increases the debt so they can use that as an excuse to try to reign in spending and attack parts of the governemnt that they don't like, such as medicare which they were vehemently defending prior to the midterm when obama and the dems tried to cut waste from the program, while the right refuses to address the problem realistically.

For evidence of that one needs to only look at the wisconsin model of this tactic put forth by gov walker.

what a load of malarky...

Thanks for the warning but I am sure your psts' aren't that bad.

today's republican tactic is to CUT SPENDING...not increase spending as you claim...

and yet lindsey graham wants to hold up the business of the senate because he didn't get federal funding for a harbor deepeing project in SC.

Republicans like ron paul are fine with spending as long as they can spend the money on things they want to spend it on.

"giving taxcuts" is a term only used by liberals...republicans want tax cuts to downsize government and increase economic growth...

Uh huh keep telling yourself that. You can buy the hype on what republican tell what they want to do I will pay attention to what they actually do.

republicans were defending medicare when Obama cut half a billion from the program to pay for all his new recipients of medicaid...not to "cut waste"....cutting medicare funds like that just when the boomers are about to hit it is just plain stupid....and proof that BO actually doesn't care about the elderly although he may claim to...

How does that change the fact that the right used that to attack obama and scare seniors when comprared to what republicans want to do now with medicare?? You try to spin a point and end up leaving out some key details.

the right is the ONLY one proposing any REAL solution to the problems....look at Paul Ryan's proposal....where is the Democrat proposal?...nowhere in sight....just more of the same old disfunctional story.... tax and spend....tax and spend....tax and spend....tax and spend...tax and spend....tax and spend...

The problem is that ryan's proposal is NOT a real solution because everyone knows it will never pass as is and was just a political stunt to claim that they are being serious by proposing something that they know will never become law.

you look at Walker as "evidence" of an example of a republican tactic of increasing spending....? what happened to your mind? Gov. Walker is only "evidence" that the right way to save the financial health of a state is to CUT spending...and reign in programs that are not financially sound...talk about dense...

He cut taxes when he got into office which contrinuted to the states debt and then complained and used the expanding debt that he helped create as justification to bust unions while not really doing anything to address spending.

The bill that they passed was pretty much nothing but union busting measures because they had to leave out most of it's monetary provisions because they didn't have a quorum.
Or did you miss that while watching foxnews claim that the bill was passed even though a lot of it was left behind?

The interest deduction helped contribute to the housing bubble in the long run.

Get rid of all deductions, credits, and loopholes, and replace them with a flat tax of 15% on all sources of income. Period. (And get rid of SS, Medicare and all excise taxes).

I say , flat tax , no deductions , except charity, will save on employment in the IRS, cost of sending and printing refund checks ,
legalize pot , that will save prison cell cost , free up police for real crime , gain sales tax , cultivation tax , down the line,

a federal sails tax ,if you spend it your taxed on it .

tax churches of all religions , only give credit on money that goes to the poor , like people can . but property and donations yes .

stop giving corporate welfare , farm aid ,
government inform, people of what they are doing will hurt you , but not arrest them if they do . except sell dangerous drugs .

have the border petrol concentrate on exports of weapons , that would help with the war on drugs .

tuffer drilling for oil and gas , the clean up is really expensive .

keep government hands off SS , no more borrowing from it .

tariffs on American made in foreign countries , tax off shore accounts of hidden moneys .

tax the rich

That's not really true. Only 30% of those who contribute realize a deduction.

Americans For Fair Taxation: Frequently Asked Questions Answers

So can you handle a 30% reduction in income?

I think you need to read what was said becuase it doesn't look like you are following very well.

Only 30% actually take the deduction, or qualify. Who knows what other incentive one would have to donate other then a warm fuzzy feeling. But a warm fuzzy feeling doesn't incentivise somebody to give thousands to charitable causes. You think this will effect only the rich, however, the rich are what keep charities afloat.

I was paying 800 a month rent....We got our notice of rent increase to 850...so we sat down and figured out what we can afford to buy where our nmortgage payments were 850 a month or less....the answer was "very little"....until my friend who was an accountant told me that the interest is deductable...and we sat dopwn and did the math....and found we could afford a home in the 150K range....

So we bought a home.

And the difference between your examples of food products and homes...

Food products may be a basis of our economy, but all of the alternatives are equal....so purchasing..say tomoatos does no more for our economy if it were incentivized to buy over the nmormal purchase of apples.

Renting does little for our economy....home construction does massive amounts for our economy.

I personally see it as something that works and is available to everyone.....the reason it is not available to those with second homes? Becuase very few can ever afford a second home and THAT would be a special interest group.

It's not "Available to everyone" - it's worth nothing to someone still under the standard deduction, all the way up to 35% of your interest payments to someone making more than the top marginal rate line (by definition, regressive). It's only available at all if you are above the standard deduction (another concept I find completely silly, but that's a different issue)

As for rental vs. ownership - I don't think that matters. The total size of the housing stock, and demand for that stock, is what matters. Whether one rents or buys a new place to live, the new place was built.

It is a matter of working towards it....the opporunity is available to everyone....it is a matter of acheiving it via working hard and progressing in your career (income)....

Now that is some grade A spin. LOL You counter your own argument by admitting that it is not "available to everyeone" because not everyone meets the standard deductions and even you admit that if they don't that they must work towards it because it isn't yet available to them.

You would have been better off just admitting that you were wrong. LOL

Last edited:

Nice response. Is that what they teach at the lefty school of redistributing from those that earn to those that don't?

No wonder you people vote for each other. Following that woolly, bleating thing in front of you is easier than looking around and thinking for yourself.

So you ingore what he was repsonding to even as you attack him for responding in kind?? Thanks for the perfect example of blatant partisan hypocrisy.

He wasn't being hypocritical.

I said 3/4 of my itemized deductions was mortgage interest payments. Shitman said nobody cares. I told him to STFU. So shitman responded like the tool that he is. Gunny told him he was simply one of the sheeple on the left and that's where you came in with your diarrhea of the mouth.

Once again Obama has shown his plan all along. Raise taxes.

He wants to remove home interest payments as a deduction.

Trust me, this will include everyone, not just those who make over $200k.

Also, he says he wants to remove charitable contributions as well.

Folks, this isn't all he plans to do. He's just telling us the part he thinks we want to hear.

I guess you can drop all the rhetoric over how he's cut taxes now. It was all smoke and mirrors anyway.

If you took every dime from everyone, including the poor, it would not be enough. The problem is Obama is no leader, he is a follower attempting to lead and we are all paying the price. He would have been better off following his true desire, which is to be a sports announcer on ESPN. In 2012, I will make sure he gets that dream job.

He wasn't being hypocritical.

Uh he tried to call out someone for posting crap in response to someone posting crap. Or did you miss that??

I said 3/4 of my itemized deductions was mortgage interest payments. Shitman said nobody cares. I told him to STFU. So shitman responded like the tool that he is. Gunny told him he was simply one of the sheeple on the left and that's where you came in with your diarrhea of the mouth.

Actually he asked you WHY should people care?? Instead of answering the question you lashed out and got a similar response in kind. So gunny attacked shaman for attacking you in retaliation for your attack.

Now you respond with the same rabid bs that started this trip as you try to spread your attacks on to me for pointing out where this started and how gunny was trying to ignore it.

I am sure that you will play the victim this time around too.

so you ingore what he was repsonding to even as you attack him for responding in kind?? Thanks for the perfect example of blatant partisan hypocrisy.

he wasn't being hypocritical.

uh he tried to call out someone for posting crap in response to someone posting crap. Or did you miss that??

i said 3/4 of my itemized deductions was mortgage interest payments. Shitman said nobody cares. I told him to stfu. So shitman responded like the tool that he is. Gunny told him he was simply one of the sheeple on the left and that's where you came in with your diarrhea of the mouth.

actually he asked you why should people care?? Instead of answering the question you lashed out and got a similar response in kind. So gunny attacked shaman for attacking you in retaliation for your attack.

Now you respond with the same rabid bs that started this trip as you try to spread your attacks on to me for pointing out where this started and how gunny was trying to ignore it.

tl:dr

And here is where your argument fails.
That I pay $100 less in no ways means you have to pay $100 more.

In the liberal mind it does mean that because they believe ever increasing government spending is an immutable fact of existence. Cutting government spending is as unthinkable as an honest politician.

Last edited:

In the liberal mind it does mean that because they believe ever increasing government spending is an immutable fact of existence. Cutting government spending is as unthinkable as an honest politician.

Exactly. And it shows the fine line between Repsentation, and Power-mongering. Most Politicians are of the latter stripe.

It's actually quite simple, add up the taxable income each year. You will find that it does not add up to the budget. How much can you tax?

We are spending too much money!

It's actually quite simple, add up the taxable income each year. You will find that it does not add up to the budget. How much can you tax?

We are spending too much money!

That too.

he wasn't being hypocritical.

uh he tried to call out someone for posting crap in response to someone posting crap. Or did you miss that??

i said 3/4 of my itemized deductions was mortgage interest payments. Shitman said nobody cares. I told him to stfu. So shitman responded like the tool that he is. Gunny told him he was simply one of the sheeple on the left and that's where you came in with your diarrhea of the mouth.

actually he asked you why should people care?? Instead of answering the question you lashed out and got a similar response in kind. So gunny attacked shaman for attacking you in retaliation for your attack.

WOW! You consider that too long?? If you have trouble reading that little how do you make it through an average article??

Thanks for the avoidance.

Actually he asked you why should people care?? Instead of answering the question you lashed out and got a similar response in kind. So gunny attacked shaman for attacking you in retaliation for your attack.

wow! You consider that too long?? If you have trouble reading that little how do you make it through an average article??

Thanks for the avoidance.

Forum List

Back