Obama Administration Hid Damming Report on Healthcare from Public until after vote

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by US Army Retired, Apr 27, 2010.

1. US Army Retired

US Army Retired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Transparency Transparency.
    If Sebelius knew about this report, the usurper certainly knew about it. I’ll bet Pelosi and Reid knew about it. They all deserve jail time.

Gateway Pundit

A damning health care report generated by actuaries at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department was given to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the health care vote. She hid the report from the public until a month after democrats rammed their nationalized health care bill through Congress.

The results from the report were troubling. The report released by Medicare and Medicaid actuaries shows that medical costs will skyrocket rising $389 billion 10 years. 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage. Millions of Americans will be left without insurance. And, millions more may be dumped into the already overwhelmed Medicaid system. 4 million American families will be hit with tax penalties under this new law.

Of course, these were ALL things that President Obama and Democratic leaders assured us would not happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZsfbLG-o8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Government Releases New Numbers on Obamacare Showing Costs Will Skyrocket[/ame]

The American Spectator reported, via FOX Nation:

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama’s health care “reform” law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius’s staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

“The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote,” says an HHS source. “Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think.”

The analysis, performed by Medicare’s Office of the Actuary, which in the past has been identified as a “nonpolitical” office, set off alarm bells when submitted. “We know a copy was sent to the White House via their legislative affairs staff,” says the HHS staffer, “and there were a number of meetings here almost right after the analysis was submitted to the secretary’s office. Everyone went into lockdown, and people here were too scared to go public with the report.”

In the end, the report was released several weeks after the vote.

When Nancy Pelosi told America, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” she forgot to mention that democrats already knew what was in it. They just didn’t want the rest of the country to find out.

If we had a responsible media this would make headlines for about the next year and a half.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Deregulated User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    Anyone who expected health care costs to decrease under Obamacare, to be nice, is a silly poop face.

3. US Army Retired

US Army Retired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I agree. Obama should be impeached or have the military step in and remove him for usurping the office and signing this illegal bill into law that will harm the American Citizens.

4. drsmith1072

drsmith1072 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    LOL Earlier today I happened to be watching foxnews when they first came out with this report. Then later in the day they made an update and I believe they stepped back from their original stance behind it.

It's funny how the right jumps on every anonymous source and despite having ZERO proof that the source is real or even being honest they run with it because they think that they can use it to attack obama.

Thanks for showing how desperate you truly are. LOL

After promoting dubious American Spectator report that HHS "buried" health care report, Fox confirms the allegations are completely false | Media Matters for America

watch the video as foxnews back away

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  5. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    They lied the whole way through so this is not surprising to me. Look at how they got it passed. It was an incredibly dirty process the whole way through. I think most common sense thinking Americans understand this. Partial if not complete Repeal is a real possibility if the Republicans can regain some power. Dr. Ron Paul is now proposing his 'End the Mandate' legislation. Lets hope some Democrats join Dr. Paul in at least getting rid of the mandate portion of this Bill. Full Repeal cannot happen unless the Republicans take the White House back. So first things first. Lets end the mandate.

6. drsmith1072

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    WOW more whining from the righties. Imagine that.

Care to address how foxnews has even backed away from this report and how the spin has been shot down??

I didn't think so.

7. Some Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    I personally don't need any reports to confirm what i already know. For one, Obamacare does nothing to address the costs of providing health care while forcing high risk patients into the health care insurance pool. The only thread of hope to hang onto as far as cost reduction goes is that the mandate forces significantly more healthy people into the pool than it does unhealthy people.

8. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    The more things change...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. drsmith1072

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250

So why post in a thread if you don't wish to talk about the topic?? LOL

10. Some Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +380
    Because i've already talked about it at length.