NYT Times Blabs Again: Jesus Was Likely A ‘Palestinian,’ Not White

One person's "feelz" are relevant to that person, however, if those "feelz" are widespread they are relevant to everyone.
Feelz aren't particularly relevant to much at all, but the actual meaning of what I said just flew completely over your head.

Your feelz may be all important to YOU, but they don't mean a damned thing to anyone else.
Maybe if you stuck to English you'd be clearer.
If a large number Muslim people believe (feelz?) the West is making war on Islam and they are duty bound to attack it, that should be relevant to just about everyone.

I'm speaking English. Your inability to understand it is not my problem. Your desire to change the topic and talk about something OTHER than what I'm talking about also is not my problem. We're talking about the author of the NYTimes piece. The topic is not going to magically change to "Why are Muslims attacking people" just because that's suddenly what you want it to be about.

Shall I take your attempt and topic-hopping and deflection as an admission of defeat?

One person's "feelz" are relevant to that person, however, if those "feelz" are widespread they are relevant to everyone.
Feelz aren't particularly relevant to much at all, but the actual meaning of what I said just flew completely over your head.

Your feelz may be all important to YOU, but they don't mean a damned thing to anyone else.
If a large number Muslim people believe (feelz?) the West is making war on Islam and they are duty bound to attack it, that should be relevant to just about everyone.

I'm speaking English. Your inability to understand it is not my problem. Your desire to change the topic and talk about something OTHER than what I'm talking about also is not my problem. We're talking about the author of the NYTimes piece. The topic is not going to magically change to "Why are Muslims attacking people" just because that's suddenly what you want it to be about.

Shall I take your attempt and topic-hopping and deflection as an admission of defeat?
We couldn't find a direct definition for the term feelz.
Maybe you were looking for one of these terms?
fablelike, fables, fabless, fabliaux, fabolous, fabulas, fabulize, fabulous, falaise, falaj, falasha, falc, falch, falchi, falchuk, falco, fales, falise, falk, fall guy, fallacies, fallacious, fallacy, fallals, fallax

Here's a question you may prefer: What does it mean to be a Jew? Is it a religion, race, ethnicity, culture, etc. Or all of the above?

Again, I dare you to tell anyone from the above groups this canard about "every Israeli is a Palestinian".
Peoples reactions don't change reality. You could get a violent reaction from a racist if you called them that to their face.

Palestinian, Arab, and Semite are not synonyms, and it is incorrect and borderline illiterate of you to use them as if they are.
If you read more carefully you'll find I did no such thing.

And still, the timeline remains the same. Whatever people do or don't call that region now, they didn't call it "Palestine" during Jesus' time, and they certainly didn't call everyone in it "Palestinian". For that matter, those terms as you try to use them aren't universally accepted NOW.
True enough. Names change. You could find maps where Virginia was in a British Colony, a Confederation, a Confederacy, and a Union.

Rather my point. George Washington was a Virginian, and it would be quite incorrect to say that he was a Confederate, because Virginia was not part of the Confederacy during his lifetime; the Confederacy itself did not exist during his lifetime.

Likewise, the name "Palestine" applied to that region was not a thing during Jesus' lifetime; in this day and age, "Palestinian" is very specifically NOT meant to include Jews.
Sure it was ... it was known as Palaistinê some 2500 years ago...

Palestine

The whole of the region was referred to as `Canaan’ in Mesopotamian texts and trade records found at Ebla and Mari as early as the 18th century BCE while the term `Palestine’ does not appear in any written records until the 5th century BCE in the Histories of Herodotus. After Herodotus, the term `Palestine’ came to be used for the entire region which was formerly known as Canaan.

That's where the name, 'Syria-Palaestina,' came from when the Romans renamed the region after Christ.

And that region included Nazareth, where Jesus was from, as were many Jews. I'm not saying that means Jesus was Palestinian ... no one will ever know. I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Palestine | History, People, & Religion

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CEin “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era. After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire, when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain; in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank, the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

So yeah, your source is correct when it says, "After Herodotus, the term 'Palestine' came to be used for the entire region", insofar as "several centuries later" qualifies as "after". Not exactly precise, and definitely not the refutation you hoped it was when you cherry-picked it.
He was a Jew and he looked like any dark skinned middle eastern Jew.

I hope that helps your derangement

I've always considered Arabs to be children of Ishmael. Palestinians are natives of the land of Canaan and are therefore Canaanite. The patriarchal linage of the Jews is given many times in scripture. Noah -> Shem -> Abraham -> Isaac -> Jacob. The matriarchal linage of the Jews is a bit more obscure, but it is given in Ezekiel 16. Noah -> Ham -> Canaan -> Amorite and Hittite.

nope----etymological study reveals that the people who are today
called "Palestinians" descend from nomadic tribes with origin in
Arabia and Syria. The population of the LEVANT has been,
very much IN FLUX. There is no indication that the people today
called "Palestinians" are particularly related to the persons who
were the inhabitants of CANAAN-----5000 years ago

Wars, invasions, displacements, language changes are all true. Sill, I believe that many of the line of Canaan are still there. As the Jews are of that line through their mother, this includes them.

History lesson for NYT editors: Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs didn’t conquer the area until 700 years after Jesus was crucified. Jesus is an ancestor of David, a Jew. Jesus was not an Arab.

They think if they attack Christianity enough they’ll destroy the faith. :lmao:

NY Times Article: Jesus Was Likely A 'Palestinian,' Not White
Then why did Jesus speak in Aramaic(semitic language) and not Hebrew?
Because at the time, Aramaic was the lingua franca of the region. A lot of our prayers are in Aramaic.

History lesson for NYT editors: Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs didn’t conquer the area until 700 years after Jesus was crucified. Jesus is an ancestor of David, a Jew. Jesus was not an Arab.

Because at the time, Aramaic was the lingua franca of the region. A lot of our prayers are in Aramaic.
The ones I hear are in English unless it's a catholic mass in Espanola....

Come worship where we read the original book in the original language...

We couldn't find a direct definition for the term feelz.
Maybe you were looking for one of these terms?
fablelike, fables, fabless, fabliaux, fabolous, fabulas, fabulize, fabulous, falaise, falaj, falasha, falc, falch, falchi, falchuk, falco, fales, falise, falk, fall guy, fallacies, fallacious, fallacy, fallals, fallax

Here's a question you may prefer: What does it mean to be a Jew? Is it a religion, race, ethnicity, culture, etc. Or all of the above?

Since I'm neither a Jew nor a supercilious leftist who pretends superior knowledge of groups I don't belong to over the actual members, I cannot speak to what it means to be a Jew. Perhaps you should ask a Jewish person.

And FYI, you do NOT want to try to take the grammar Nazi route with me.

Again, I dare you to tell anyone from the above groups this canard about "every Israeli is a Palestinian".
Peoples reactions don't change reality. You could get a violent reaction from a racist if you called them that to their face.

Palestinian, Arab, and Semite are not synonyms, and it is incorrect and borderline illiterate of you to use them as if they are.
If you read more carefully you'll find I did no such thing.

And still, the timeline remains the same. Whatever people do or don't call that region now, they didn't call it "Palestine" during Jesus' time, and they certainly didn't call everyone in it "Palestinian". For that matter, those terms as you try to use them aren't universally accepted NOW.
True enough. Names change. You could find maps where Virginia was in a British Colony, a Confederation, a Confederacy, and a Union.

Rather my point. George Washington was a Virginian, and it would be quite incorrect to say that he was a Confederate, because Virginia was not part of the Confederacy during his lifetime; the Confederacy itself did not exist during his lifetime.

Likewise, the name "Palestine" applied to that region was not a thing during Jesus' lifetime; in this day and age, "Palestinian" is very specifically NOT meant to include Jews.
Sure it was ... it was known as Palaistinê some 2500 years ago...

Palestine

The whole of the region was referred to as `Canaan’ in Mesopotamian texts and trade records found at Ebla and Mari as early as the 18th century BCE while the term `Palestine’ does not appear in any written records until the 5th century BCE in the Histories of Herodotus. After Herodotus, the term `Palestine’ came to be used for the entire region which was formerly known as Canaan.

That's where the name, 'Syria-Palaestina,' came from when the Romans renamed the region after Christ.

And that region included Nazareth, where Jesus was from, as were many Jews. I'm not saying that means Jesus was Palestinian ... no one will ever know. I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Palestine | History, People, & Religion

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century BCE occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza. The name was revived by the Romans in the 2nd century CEin “Syria Palaestina,” designating the southern portion of the province of Syria, and made its way thence into Arabic, where it has been used to describe the region at least since the early Islamic era. After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire, when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain; in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank, the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

So yeah, your source is correct when it says, "After Herodotus, the term 'Palestine' came to be used for the entire region", insofar as "several centuries later" qualifies as "after". Not exactly precise, and definitely not the refutation you hoped it was when you cherry-picked it.
He was a Jew and he looked like any dark skinned middle eastern Jew.

I hope that helps your derangement

Considering that you're repeating what I've already said, I hope something helps your illiteracy.

Spend a lot of time in synagogues, do you?

Since I'm neither a Jew nor a supercilious leftist who pretends superior knowledge of groups I don't belong to over the actual members, I cannot speak to what it means to be a Jew. Perhaps you should ask a Jewish person.
Yet you seem to think you have some specific knowledge of leftists, a group you probably don't belong to. Maybe you shouldn't speak to what it means to be a leftist and just speak to what it means to be a hypocrite?

Yet you seem to think you have some specific knowledge of leftists, a group you probably don't belong to. Maybe you shouldn't speak to what it means to be a leftist and just speak to what it means to be a hypocrite?

Nice attempt at being clever. Too bad you're unequipped for it. I have never claimed to have superior knowledge of what leftists "really" believe, nor have I ever attempted to instruct them on how to be better leftists. I speak strictly to what I see them doing and what I hear them saying, and I am perfectly willing to take them at their word that the noxious views they express are, in fact, the valid tenets of leftism. When I tell leftists they are wrong, stupid, or vile, it is always on the basis of groups and standards which we all share and/or have participatory knowledge of, be it Americanism, humanity, or basic verifiable facts.

When I tell leftists they are wrong, stupid, or vile, it is always on the basis of groups and standards which we all share and/or have participatory knowledge of, be it Americanism, humanity, or basic verifiable facts.
Judge, jury, and executioner. Quite the package. Your arrogance is impressive.

When I tell leftists they are wrong, stupid, or vile, it is always on the basis of groups and standards which we all share and/or have participatory knowledge of, be it Americanism, humanity, or basic verifiable facts.
Judge, jury, and executioner. Quite the package. Your arrogance is impressive.
Kinda arrogant of lefties to tell Christians what the Bible says when they don't have a clue.

Kinda arrogant of lefties to tell Christians what the Bible says when they don't have a clue.
Kinda arrogant of you to infer that 'lefties' can't be Christians.
Kinda arrogant of Christians to say what the Bible means when they don't have a clue what their own books say. Only a third of Americans have actually read the Bible even once.

Kinda arrogant of you to infer that 'lefties' can't be Christians.
Kinda arrogant of Christians to say what the Bible means when they don't have a clue what their own books say. Only a third of Americans have actually read the Bible even once.
I know my bible. I gave my opinion. Anyone that claims to be a Christian and supports the Democrat party is a wolf in sheep's clothing. My opinion.

Anyone that claims to be a Christian and supports the Democrat party is a wolf in sheep's clothing. My opinion.
Any Christian who supports a serial adulterer, someone who brags about (and has been accused on many occasions) of sexual assault, engages in corrupt business practices, encourages violence, insults and belittles people, and lies constantly, is a hypocrite in any clothing. My opinion.

Forum List

Back