NYC considers making walking while smoking illegal

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
NYC Considers Making Walking While Smoking Illegal
If you don’t smoke and you find yourself walking behind someone who does, it can be unpleasant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO!! OMG I thought I heard it all but this takes the cake . I don't even know what the hell to say to this one.
Stupidity.........

Last edited:
God forbid those people slow down or speed up
Holy shit. How entitled

• Banned
Next they will make walking and breathing illegal. What is scary , never in a million years would we think joking about that very statement be taken as a possible reality. ( walking and breathing)

mm101-doeshelooklikehegivesashit.jpg

^Smoking, not walking

• Banned
Control the smokers control the people. It's pure bs either way you spin it. They aren't even allowed to smoke in their own homes some where i've read not sure if it is NY or not but rentals have a lease where they can't smoke. Something like that.

If you don’t smoke and you find yourself walking behind someone who does, it can be unpleasant.

LMFAO!! OMG I thought I heard it all but this takes the cake . I don't even know what the hell to say to this one.
Stupidity.........

OTOH, walking spreads the smoke out thinner to dissipate faster. Standing in one spot concentrates the smoke more and keeps the air calmer, so I think it is an even draw (no puff intended har har). Perhaps NYC should demand smokers stand on one foot while they smoke, that way they will tire and smoke faster. :rolleyes:

Stupidity.........

Apparently you've never walked behind a fuggin' smoker. Understandable, since that would first require actually leaving the house.

Hell I can smell it when somebody's smoking in the car ahead of me on the highway. It's disgusting.

Control the smokers control the people. It's pure bs either way you spin it. They aren't even allowed to smoke in their own homes some where i've read not sure if it is NY or not but rentals have a lease where they can't smoke. Something like that.

And?

You have any idea how much a smoker's residue can fuck up an environment just from the smoke sticking to the walls? I live in such a house. Whole thing had to be repainted and seriously aired out. Ever been in a motel?

A rental unit means, by definition, that the landlord owns it. Why should a property owner be restrained from protecting his/her investment?

Holy shit. How entitled

Good point --- looks like running while smoking would be OK.

Imagine a sprinter on a track, puffing smoke as he goes. That is hilarious.
Although (in New Orleans naturally) I have seen several people actually smoking while riding a bike. One of them was actually riding a bike with a lit cigarette in one hand and a gasoline can in the other. Not even making that up.

Holy shit. How entitled

Although (in New Orleans naturally) I have seen several people actually smoking while riding a bike. One of them was actually riding a bike with a lit cigarette in one hand and a gasoline can in the other. Not even making that up.
I was referring to the people that are following them.

Holy shit. How entitled

I was referring to the people that are following them.

And I was riffing on running while smoking, and why nobody ever does that.
Theater of the Absurd -- imagine a health/fitness club with people on a rowing machine puffing away.

It's self-destructive bullshit marketed to the gullible. And that's fine, for the self-destructor himself... it's when it starts to impinge on the non-self-destructive around them that issues arise.

Now if a smoker wants to walk around carrying a tank into which they can blow all their exhaust, have at it. Could be strapped on the back like a rucksack.

Hard to believe now that within our own memories there were times when people were allowed to smoke on planes, and in restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Boggles the mind.

Anyway I think you hit on a great idea here --- a smoker who wants to light up in public should have to keep running. Wanna stop running, gotta extinguish. See how long the filthy habit survives that.

You folks missed the real point of the law. Most libs aren't coordinated enough to walk and smoke at the same time. It's an injury prevention law.

Stupidity.........
Apparently you've never walked behind a fuggin' smoker. Understandable, since that would first require actually leaving the house.

Hell I can smell it when somebody's smoking in the car ahead of me on the highway. It's disgusting.
I agree. I hate what it does to your clothes when you've been in the presence of those who puff.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Another step closer to the liberal, totalitarian utopia.

Forum List

Back