NY Fire Dept drops strength requirements because so many women fail the tests

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Liberals are perfectly willing to see good people get burned alive as long as it helps one of the "protected groups", in this case women!!!

FDNY Bans Physical Test Requirement Amid Low Female Hiring Rate PUNDIT PRESS

December 11, 2014
The New York Fire Department has dropped a test to measure the strength and physical aptitude of its members amid concerns that there are too few females on the force.

Critics are slamming the move as a “lowering of standards” and lives could be endangered because people with inadequate skills will be tasked to do the same jobs as before. Supporters believe it will allow otherwise-competent firefighters to stay on the job.

He believes that first-year Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro should be concerned with doing a good job and saving people, not with what is politically correct. He explained, “What needs to matter is how well you perform the tasks of firefighting. The question is when you’re 270 pounds and you’re on the fourth floor and someone comes through that window — can they pick you up and drag you out or not?”

Nigro’s department says that the changes are not ]because women cannot pass the physical exam, despite the fact that only 57 percent of women pass it, as compared to 95 percent of men.

• Banned
Lots of cities have also dropped WRITTEN tests for police and firemen because so many blacks are illiterate. Instead they have to pass an "interview'!!!

Why can't we admit what everyone knows?. Women are physically inferior and blacks are mentally inferior.

My son is a fire fighter. I'd prefer it if his colleagues were physically capable of pulling him out of a burning building, should the need arise.

Lots of cities have also dropped WRITTEN tests for police and firemen because so many blacks are illiterate. Instead they have to pass an "interview'!!!

Why can't we admit what everyone knows?. Women are physically inferior and blacks are mentally inferior.
Can't argue with that logic.

Can't argue with that logic.
Lefties can because for them logic is irrelevant.

Eric Holder has threatened many police departments if they dont lower standards to....well....to make it fair. Google it.

• Banned
What's really awful is when cities employ so-called "norming" which is lowering the standards just for the groups that are failing while the white males still have to meet the higher standards!!!

WTF?

Why bother having exams,physical requirements...
Just let anyone who wants to be a firefigher have the job.
Hell let's take it a step further....
Don't even train them.....

How about we do this.Send a bunch of new hires that never took an exam,never had to take the physical
test or have any training to a fire house and just send them out.

Why have any mecanism where someone may not pass a written exam,may not pass a physical
or not do well in training....some people don't want to be put in a position where they might have to
compete and possibly not do as well as another applicant..

Much better that we don't have anyone with hurt feelings.
Better that people might die in fires.

What if the applicants were traumatized by recent events in Ferguson or problems in the world in general.
Doesn't that excuse them from having to deal with anything that may stress them out.
So they probably should not have to take a written test or be forced to show if they are able
to handle any physical requirements.

I have not gone to work in two days....
I gave a plausible reason,not feeling well....that sort of thing.

The real reason was I was traumatized by seeing Nancy Pelosi yesterday talking in a very
animated manner about the possibility of a government shut down....

I mean her hands were going all over the place as she was talking.
It seemed a bit unnatural the way she was able to move her hands the way she did.
I found it to be disturbing and it troubled me deeply.

I hope I can return to work on Monday.

WTF?

Why bother having exams,physical requirements...
Just let anyone who wants to be a firefigher have the job.
Hell let's take it a step further....
Don't even train them.....

It's gonna be even worse. Cities will keep requirements but only for white males. Blacks, injuns, hispanics, queers, women and disabled will get the job without having to meet any standards. And the press will call that a fight for equality.

Will this spread to other fields....
If you can't meet the requirements to be a surgeon because of race or gender ...
Will they be allowed to operate on people anyway...
In order to make Libs feel good about themselves.

Will this spread to other fields....
If you can't meet the requirements to be a surgeon because of race or gender ...
Will they be allowed to operate on people anyway...
In order to make Libs feel good about themselves.

It's already happened to extremely important jobs like judgeships. Both sotamayor and thomas got on the supreme court because of sex/ race. If white male they'd have never had a chance.

It's bad enough when PO jobs are handed out based on sex or skin color but it's spreading to really vital jobs too.

Forum List

Back