NPR: New Rules Of Engagement Are A Dilemma For U.S. Troops

I agree we should help the civilians
however, we never showed this much "compassion" with the Germans

Fire bombing of Dresden

winston_churchill_09.jpg

Umm we were actually in a declared war with Germany for one thing.

Well then...that makes it OK to slaughter 5 million German and Japanese civilians...doesn't it?

Before my time. But apparently it seemed to be the thing to do at the time. Japan and germany were actively at war with us not just rumored to maybe hurt us someday...

Preemptive invasion sucks.

Only a fake vet posts their location as AFGHANISTAN...
What? Where the hell are you getting that from? I'm in Afghanistan, I have no obligation to narrow it down on an open message board. I happen to be on BAF.

like that lends some credibility to your posts or makes you more believable...
It's not supposed to...it's supposed to give my location.

and funny how all of a sudden...just a few hours ago..."Afghanistan" all of a sudden just showed up as your location.
No, it's been Afghanistan for a while now...before that it was Fort Lewis. I've only been in Afghanistan a couple of months.

...and what kind of military member has 20 hours a day to sit around posting on a message board..no wonder we are losing the fucking war in A'stan!!! Tell me the first thing you, as a member of the military, must do to access the computer you're using....then I might believe you.
I usually work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. So I'm up at least 18 hours a day, I always have computer access, and off duty, there's really not much else to do. Today happened to be an admin day for me, so I posted a lot more during the day. I have internet access at work, and it's actually been kind of slow lately (things slow down in the Winter and fighting begins in earnest in the Spring) so I do have time to pop on the computer, check my AKO, and usually come here. Sometimes this has been blocked, message boards aren't usually allowed, but I've mostly been able to come to this one. When not at work, I have wireless access for my laptop in my B-hut.
First thing I do to access the computer I'm using? Right now I'm using my personal laptop, so I don't have to do a damn thing. For the work computer I have to use my CAC.

And I'm waiting to hear your vast experience that compares to my 21 years. I'm kind of betting you don't have any.

Well...your story is believable at this point...thanks for serving....I retired from NSWU-1 10 years ago after my 20 but still work for the government as a GS rated civilian. Do you know what did it, made me believe you...with respect to your story?

Well then...that makes it OK to slaughter 5 million German and Japanese civilians...doesn't it?

Before my time. But apparently it seemed to be the thing to do at the time. germany were actively at war with us not just rumored to maybe hurt us someday...

Before my time as well,

(Preemptive invasion sucks) So when did Germany "sneak" attack us like the Japanese ?

Last edited:

Before my time. But apparently it seemed to be the thing to do at the time. Japan and germany were actively at war with us not just rumored to maybe hurt us someday...

Yeah...right ...I see your point...none of that stuff with Kuwait and all those reports from every intel agency on the planet that Iraq had WMD actually happened in the Gulf...it was all made up by the guys in the black helicopters...

Forum List

Back