now its illegal to express yourself

LiberPublicrat-Could you be more specific?

what you have in your vehicle is protected under freedom of expression, be it the Haitian flag or a noose.

LiberPublicrat -So if I have a ounce of cocaine in my car, that's freedom of expression?

I see you dont want to have a serious debate. Yeah, lets compare apples to bowling pins.

LiberPublicrat -So if I have a ounce of cocaine in my car, that's freedom of expression?

I see you dont want to have a serious debate. Yeah, lets compare apples to bowling pins.

How can we seriously debate anything when you say stuff like "what you have in your vehicle is protected freedom of expression"?

I'm all up for serious debate. What exactly are we debating?

LiberPublicrat2;608792]How can we seriously debate anything when you say stuff like "what you have in your vehicle is protected freedom of expression"?

drugs are an obvious exclusion. Things like southern cross flags and nooses are perfectly legal. Objects which express how you feel about something are not illegal. See the diff?

LiberPublicrat2;608792]How can we seriously debate anything when you say stuff like "what you have in your vehicle is protected freedom of expression"?

drugs are an obvious exclusion. Things like southern cross flags and nooses are perfectly legal. Objects which express how you feel about something are not illegal. See the diff?

I know that, I was being a jackass to you, newbie. So what's your feelings about people hanging nooses or burning crosses infront of black or brown peoples' homes?

I know that, I was being a jackass to you, newbie. So what's your feelings about people hanging nooses or burning crosses infront of black or brown peoples' homes?

I fully support it so long as they make s'mores.

kidding of course.

why is this place seemingly dead?
I saw a tumbleweed pass by.

One of the charges was "incitement to riot". Now I don't know how it's going to fare, I rather think the dui charge might stick though. But anyway, since incitement to riot isn't protected speech then it's fair enough for the police to take action to prevent a riot occurring.

Inciting to riot is the endeavor by any person to incite or procure any other person to create or participate in a riot.

http://law.justia.com/louisiana/codes/146/78430.html

One of the charges was "incitement to riot". Now I don't know how it's going to fare, I rather think the dui charge might stick though. But anyway, since incitement to riot isn't protected speech then it's fair enough for the police to take action to prevent a riot occurring.

Inciting to riot is the endeavor by any person to incite or procure any other person to create or participate in a riot.

http://law.justia.com/louisiana/codes/146/78430.html
Courts have been wrong before.

now as for the DUI, that should stick.

LiberPublicrat-Could you be more specific?

what you have in your vehicle is protected under freedom of expression, be it the Haitian flag or a noose.

No, actually its not.

basically it comes down to people being so hypersensitive that objects offend them.

Lmao...you are a fucking moron. You think people being offended by something which used to be used to publically kill them because of their skin color is offensive?

Yup...you are a racist, pure and simple.

Lmao...you are a fucking moron. You think people being offended by something which used to be used to publically kill them because of their skin color is offensive?

Yup...you are a racist, pure and simple.
So, Indians should be offended by blankets because once upon a time they were filled with smallpox in order to kill them?

yep, you're clueless. To ignore you go. Brush up on the law and learn how to debate.

So, Indians should be offended by blankets because once upon a time they were filled with smallpox in order to kill them?

That is much older in our histories past than the nooses are. Secondly blankets have multiple purposes, most of which don't involve death. Nooses don't.

yep, you're clueless. To ignore you go. Brush up on the law and learn how to debate.

Lmao...you coward.

It would be interesting to read the transcript of the conversation between the defendant and the officers.

Officer: "Are you aware you've got two nooses dangling from the rear of your vehicle?"

What does the driver say to that? :badgrin:

Forum List

Back