Nothing fancy today.

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Cornish hens are roasting. Butter beans are done. Potatoes to be mashed are cooking.

Potatoes are mashed. Just waiting for the hens to get done. Not much longer now.

I have some leftover grilled flank steak from last night. Tonight I'm going to dice it up and make taco filling. We're doing early taco dinner to accompany the Cal Women's Final Four Game.

Go Bears!

I have some leftover grilled flank steak from last night. Tonight I'm going to dice it up and make taco filling. We're doing early taco dinner to accompany the Cal Women's Final Four Game.

Go Bears!

Sounds yummy. The hens got done and I'm having lunch with USmessageboard! LOL. It's a little too sunny to eat on the deck but tonight a dinner, it will be perfect. When I get my awning that problem will be solved.

I have a couple of roasts in the freezer, the last of half a beef I bought a while back. When I retire I'm making hot tamales out of them. That's pretty much an all day job.

J'adore tamales. The gal who does my facials makes hundreds of tamales right before Christmas each year. People sign up in advance for a share. They are fabulously delish!

Lunch today:

Pot roast cooked the old fashion way with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cooked with. Also home cooked cream style corn. The corn is done, but the roast is taking it's good old easy time.

OMG, that was really good. I don't think I ate any meat at all this past week and my body was screaming for some good red meat. That scream usually is silenced by a steak, but it is just a bit too cool for grilling. Will have great left overs!

Forum List

Back