Not Everyone Is Willing to Move to Reagan Country

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
href=http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-names11jun11,1,5871051,print.story?coll=la-headlines-nation>Most proposals to put his name and image on more national symbols will meet serious opposition.
<blockquote>By Richard Simon
Times Staff Writer

June 11, 2004

WASHINGTON — As the nation eulogizes former President Reagan, proposals are multiplying to honor his name by putting it on important American institutions and symbols, including the Pentagon and the $10 bill.

But for all the kind words that have been said about the 40th president, his eight years in office were sufficiently tumultuous — and are sufficiently fresh in his critics' memories — that most proposals will encounter serious opposition.

"He was a very impressive guy," said Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), "but he was controversial."

Reagan's name already can be found on an airport, a freeway, an aircraft carrier, hospitals, schools, office buildings, post offices and even a New Hampshire mountain. But the process of naming things after Reagan has revived disputes that flared around him when he was president.</blockquote>

You know, little things like the Iran-Contra scandal, a trumped up invasion of Grenada, creating the monster we all know as Saddam Hussein, I could go on, but what's the point? Most everyone here is lost in their own ideologically pure conservative vision of the world, and there is no room for dissenting views. Ah well..s'beit

At least as Controversial as Kennedy. Likely to see at least a coin, if not a bill with his face.

Kennedy has an airport, a space center, schools, an aircraft carrier, office buildings and post offices. And is even shown on legal tender, $.50. You can find innumerable references to a controversial President.

I think it likely that Reagan will be on some money some time soon.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
"He was a very impressive guy," said Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), "but he was controversial."

barney frank is a flaming queer. A true moral degenerate. Why the hell should anyone care what he thinks about someone else?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
barney frank is a flaming queer. A true moral degenerate. Why the hell should anyone care what he thinks about someone else?

and yet there he sits, in the US house of congress. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and yet there he sits, in the US house of congress. :rolleyes:

and both Clinton and Carter were once president. Whats your point?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
and both Clinton and Carter were once president. Whats your point?

my point is that OBVIOUSLY people in that state think and feel opposite of PR's view point, much like you said in another post, the people obviously feel different.

You must think that you're one to judge correctly the idiocy of a majority of the state of massachusetts.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and your point would be?

Isn't it a little OBVIOUS they've got some serious issues and problems in Massachusets? All their politicians are jokes, absolute partisans: Kerry, Frank, all the Kennedies not to mention the skewed vision of marriage that the, and here is the key word, COURTS have.

Originally posted by OCA
Isn't it a little OBVIOUS they've got some serious issues and problems in Massachusets? All their politicians are jokes, absolute partisans: Kerry, Frank, all the Kennedies not to mention the skewed vision of marriage that the, and here is the key word, COURTS have.

Barney Frank is from Michigan.

Hey OCA Ted Nugent should not be disgraced in the same sentence with Congressman Freak Frank ... :D :cool:

LOL Sandy! Heard Nugent on talk radio not too long ago. He rocks!

Originally posted by Sandy73
Hey OCA Ted Nugent should not be disgraced in the same sentence with Congressman Freak Frank ... :D :cool:

Nah I was trying to show one extreme to the other, what a fine state Michigan is and what an absolute mess Massachusets is.

The Motor City Madman is one of my hunting heroes:cool:

Oh I knew you ment it out of respect it just hurt my eyes abit at first !:cof:

Originally posted by Kathianne
LOL Sandy! Heard Nugent on talk radio not too long ago. He rocks!

If you huys ever get a chance to check out one of his hunting videos please do it. Its a mix of hunting, politics and wang dang sweet poontang!

Forum List

Back