Not A Wanted Endorsement

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
That Was Fast
With 1,119 days to go until the 2008 presidential election, the first endorsement came in, the Associated Press reports:

Sen. Edward Kennedy said Wednesday he would back fellow Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008--even if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton also pursues a White House bid.

"If he runs, I would support him," Kennedy told The Associated Press in an interview at his Boston office.

In keeping with tradition, Mary Jo Kopechne is not expected to issue an endorsement.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

OUCH! Wonder how Ted reacted to that zinger?

I remember reading a book last year about Hillary Clinton and how she is viewed by top Democrats. If the writer's research is correct, she has very little support among top-tier Democrats. According to the book, her fellow senator, Chuck Shumer, absolutely loathes her. Will be interesting to see how the Democrat "big dogs" line up to support a presidential nominee for '08.

I personally think it will be women voters who make or break Hillary's run for the presidency. The Republicans had better make a good case to women voters, or we very likely will see a President Hillary. God forbid!

Forum List

Back