Not A "Great" Guitarest....But Gets The Job Done

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Dec 15, 2008
L.V...Nev
someone who isnt a guitar "GOD" so to speak....but sounds good for what he does....gets the job done.....

2 that come to mind for me is

Pete Townsend....Who
John Fogerty.....CCR

Comments ....your choices?...:razz:

John Lennon
Keith Richards
Ron Wood
John Verschiente (sp?) (RHCP)
Mick Mars
Joe Perry

The Edge.... :rolleyes: .... I'll put a paraplegic that is in a coma up against him in a guitar playing contest and he would lose... the only job he got done was the job of being the biggest no-talent hack on a band of no-talent hacks

Ones you have to give credit for for being guitar workhorses, but never really guitar gods...
Michael Schenker
Johnny Sykes
Mick Mars
Ron Wood
Prince (yes, I am seriously putting him on the list)
Steve Howe

The Edge.... :rolleyes: .... I'll put a paraplegic that is in a coma up against him in a guitar playing contest and he would lose... the only job he got done was the job of being the biggest no-talent hack on a band of no-talent hacks

Ones you have to give credit for for being guitar workhorses, but never really guitar gods...
Michael Schenker
Johnny Sykes
Mick Mars
Ron Wood
Steve Howe

Steve Howe is a guitar god. Few guitarists can touch him.

Michael Schenker is also a rock guitar god.

Michael Schenker
Johnny Sykes
Mick Mars
Ron Wood
Steve Howe

I don't put either in the top 25 or so... and I don't think I can call someone out of my top 25 a guitar god.. hence why I mentioned them here

Michael Schenker
Johnny Sykes
Mick Mars
Ron Wood
Steve Howe

I don't put either in the top 25 or so... and I don't think I can call someone out of my top 25 a guitar god.. hence why I mentioned them here

Fair enough. However, you're in the extreme minority. In fact, you may be the only one on the planet that does not think Steve Howe is a guitar god.

As I've mentioned before, I once got dragged to a U2 concert and they sucked even more than I expected them to suck. However, the one bright spot was Edge's rhythm guitar work. He was actually pretty decent. But when he tried to do anything fancy solo-wise, it was like...dude, seriously dude, you're embarrassing yourself...please just stop that right now...

I once saw MSG open for Rush. They totally sucked donkey balls. Amazing how an extremely talented guitarist doens't guarantee that the music won't suck.

George Harrison of the Beatles.

Some of you might remember that group.

They were fairly popular when I was a kid.

I once saw MSG open for Rush. They totally sucked donkey balls. Amazing how an extremely talented guitarist doens't guarantee that the music won't suck.

All you have to do is go to see Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force to realize that...

If there were only a way to block out the vocals and all accompanying musicians ;)

i have a 200 "GREATEST ROCK GUITARISTS" list.....for what its worth....:razz:

Steve Howe is no. 22

Schenker is no. 48

The Edge is no.182.....this guy i agree with dave.....HE SUCKS...

Forum List

Back