Not a good sign

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Hidden camera catches culprit taking man's Second Amendment sign | Fox News

“I have seen the images that were taken, but it is my understanding that he was loosening the sign from the ground,” she said. “It was brought to the Police Department and it is still intact and he (Gibson) would be able to come pick it up.”

However, images provided to FoxNews.com by Gibson clearly show the officer in mid-kick, snapping the post of the sign in half.

Murphy also said that there was never a fine issued, but that Gibson did receive a letter from the Somer Building Department.

Gibson says that he never received any sort of citation and that he’s been singled out as other signs in the area have been left undisturbed.

“This isn’t about the Second Amendment. My First Amendment and even my Fifth Amendment rights have been violated,” he said, explaining that words and image on the sign are protected by his right to free speech and the sign itself was taken from him without due process.

I hope he sues for millions and the cop looses his job.

Somers Town Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy told FoxNews.com that the signs were indeed on public property -- within 15 feet of the road -- and were removed to comply with town ordinances. “The town does not allow signs in the right of way,” Murphy said. “The police chief had received numerous complaints from neighbors and it was determined that the sign was posted in the right of way.”

I hate street spam. It doesn't matter if he's grinding some 2nd amendment ax, looking for people who want to make CEO money from home, advertising cheap roof repairs, etc.

Somers Town Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy told FoxNews.com that the signs were indeed on public property -- within 15 feet of the road -- and were removed to comply with town ordinances. “The town does not allow signs in the right of way,” Murphy said. “The police chief had received numerous complaints from neighbors and it was determined that the sign was posted in the right of way.”

I hate street spam. It doesn't matter if he's grinding some 2nd amendment ax, looking for people who want to make CEO money from home, advertising cheap roof repairs, etc.

And they let other signs stay.

I think an investigation is called for.

I only see one sign in that picture. If he broke the rules, he broke the rules... go run for city council and make it so can put crap all over the side of the roads if he wants, until then get a new hobby.

I only see one sign in that picture. If he broke the rules, he broke the rules... go run for city council and make it so can put crap all over the side of the roads if he wants, until then get a new hobby.

I'm sure that guy was one of those right wing idiots that seem intent on letting EVERYBODY know how he feels.

They're real charmers.

The is a non-issue. From your link:
....the signs were indeed on public property -- within 15 feet of the road -- and were removed to comply with town ordinances.

“The town does not allow signs in the right of way,” Murphy said. “The police chief had received numerous complaints from neighbors and it was determined that the sign was posted in the right of way.”

What's with you all? Fuck everyone else's rights as long as you get your 2nd Amendment rights? LMAO

Forum List

Back