Norway Bomb Suspect: Christian Fundamentalist?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Google, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808
    Norway bomb suspect bought 6 tons of fertilizer - Yahoo! News

"The suspect in police custody — a blonde blue-eyed Norwegian with reported Christian fundamentalist, anti-Muslim views — is suspected in both the shootings at Utoya island and a massive explosion that ripped through an Oslo high-rise building housing the prime minister's office two hours earlier, killing seven people. He has been preliminarily charged with acts of terrorism."

I think that there is much more to this story, but I am saddened and sickened that this man would call himself a Christian.

2. tommyc

tommyc Proud Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No he wasn't a Christian , he is a Darwinian, I have his manifesto in front of me but i can't post a link yet because i haven't reached the 15 post count yet, he doesn't believe in God at all again, just Darwin.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  3. tommyc

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You failed as this manifesto contains over 1500 pages of confirmation that he was a nutjob Darwinian, and that old line about living in the basement is just that old, can people like your ilk ever quit sounding like parrots?:lame2:

4. tommyc

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Now comes the links:

http://www.wnd.com/files/2011/07/2083manifesto.pdf

Breivik instead hails Charles Darwin, whose evolutionary theories stand in contrast to the claims of the Bible, and affirms: "As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way. Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I'm not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe."

"'Logic' and rationalist thought (a certain degree of national Darwinism) should be the fundament [sic] of our societies. I support the propagation of collective rational thought but not necessarily on a personal level."

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie," he says. "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment. In the past, I remember I used to think: 'Religion is a crutch for weak people. What is the point in believing in a higher power if you have confidence in yourself!? Pathetic.' Perhaps this is true for many cases. Religion is a crutch for many weak people, and many embrace religion for self-serving reasons as a source for drawing mental strength (to feed their weak emotional state [for] example during illness, death, poverty etc.). Since I am not a hypocrite, I'll say directly that this is my agenda as well. However, I have not yet felt the need to ask God for strength, yet."

Read more: Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian' Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian'

5. tommyc

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    :lol:

6. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    He's Christian and Conservative.

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Obama calls himself a Christian, but he only drops humane bombs.

8. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    I haven't seen much evidence that he's Christian. He's a nationalist with conservative, anti-Islamic views.

Norway Bombing Terror: Who Is Arrested Suspect Anders Behring Breivik?, Christian News

Anders Behring Breivik may be part of bigger anti-Islamic movement: report

Norway attacks: Norway attacks highlight trend of rising right-wing extremism in region - latimes.com

I find it incredibly irresponsible to lay this at the feet of Christianity without solid evidence. If he had an equivalent in the U.S., his peers would be Tank and William Joyce, and some of the other boneheads who migrate over here from moronfront to post their lunacy.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  9. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
  10. tommyc

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It isn't ? It only has the second oldest member at Presidential Press conferences and that gentleman has been nominated for two Pulitzers, no it isn't credible.:eusa_eh: