Norman Mailer - From Father to Son

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Comrade, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/rnc/9574/index.html

Father to Son: What I've Learned About Rage

A conversation between a man of legendary fury and his son preparing to go to the barricades at the RNC, about the uses and abuses of Bush hatred.

Severe fisking ahead!

So much for 'dumb Bush'.

Bring on the ‘Evil Bush’!

Norman has even made up a new word to describe his impression of Bush, a study of smugsmanship.

So Bush the Smugmiester!

Maybe a bit of projection on his part.

Ha! The Smugmeister’s master plan, of course! The protestors engaging in riots and violence are useful idiots of the right, not the left!

When the average American is now too dumb to understand the left, the left is probably screwed.

Kind of a red flag to moderate voters, to hear pretentious things like “Bush cabal”.

Maybe a bit too subtle for public consumption, ya think?

Whatever the protestors do is a Republican distortion now? WoW!

The only thing more asinine is to claim any act reflecting unfavorably upon the anti-Bush leadership is based upon Republican plants, working to undermine the serenity and sanity of what would otherwise be a perfectly rational, non-disruptive protest. I mean, hell, why not go that one step further into denial?

(In plain English without the flowery rhetoric)

Like a male demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping women, the lie of Iraq sits over the first week of November. Ahh… poetry.

Huh? I don’t get how everyone in the WTC was promised ‘upper class’ success or how their companies ‘failed’ them. Norman almost seems to blame corporations for 9-11.

So basically they are like giant, hegemonic, towering, twin penises.

Aside from the theoretically impossible act of Huns sacking France a full century after leaving Europe, an analogy is supposed to offer clarity or real life examples instead of some insane fantasy.

I suppose there were no massive penile erections in that place and age to bring down, either.

Sacking Versailles in 17th century France is like nuking all of D.C. and most of the U.S. Eastern Seaboard, as opposed to what is simply a franction of NYC.

CHOP! :death:

And now they cut off our BALLS too!?!

Norman's 9-11 trauma is a bit too fixated on genitals, ya think?

Too late for the ‘dumb’ Bush theory, because the speakers for the RNC are way too smart to imply any such thing.

Not only inexplicable but uncountable and unidentifiable too. SWARMING FACTS!

Maybe room for ‘penetrating, icy, and knifelike reasoning’ to decipher 9-11 theories will be there but the odds are few readers know what ‘incisive’ actually means.

Old school leftist writers like to use the thesaurus to inject some rare word here an there, but it’s supposed to be pretentiously literate and not about communicating to their readers. Make a note!

Thesaurus equivalent to: Conspiracist.

Too hard for him to explain, or too hard for us to understand?

Without trying to sound out a conspiracy, of course,

I don’t believe for a moment that Bush stuck a gerbil up his ass, either.

But there may have been sentiment that Bush wanted a gerbil up his ass ----

Wow, maybe!

Um, maybe! Maybe an attack on us from an asteroids by space aliens helping the Nazis would also not be the worst thing, and we might have still gone to war with the company of (Russians?) Britains. I could go all day.

Well so fucking what, Norman? If Bush is accused of welcoming 9/11 just say it.

Why not shut up then?

Sounds like a classic case of conspiratorialism denial.

“They seemed to want it but I couldn’t go that far”

“I’m sure it wasn’t but it’s so odd how it was.”

Norman is trying to be coy. Or is seriously confused. Whatever it is there is still zero facts.

More than unbelievable inefficiency is not enough. But Beyond more than unbelievable inefficiency is more than unbelievable.

More like a game of poker where the entire committee of a full deck chose to discard the Joker… guess who Norman is?

Don’t hold you’re breath.

But still presumptuous enough to say corporations are ‘arguably’ prosperous, sure.

You just did. But when you say “Us’ it’s really YOU and the deep seated denial of the failure of communism.

Question:

Who is big and empty, interrupts our lives, acts without virtue, and flattens things?

BINGO! :laugh:

:eek2:

RUN for your lives, it's the BIG EMPTY!

Well he's made a living by sneering at everyone else.

Thank god he's allowing "Buffalo" to go protest without Daddy's sneering condensation! Good boy, yes, good boy.

And if Kerry wins then... no division? No, it's that Bush supporters simply don’t matter anymore.

The massive arrogance in this claim is obvious.

Whatever it is he’ll need some crazy glue for that.

Which is the way of saying ‘your’ problem without saying anyone else matters.

:tank:

Seems to me that if we conquer the world, the problem is solved.

As if when Kerry wins the same question is a non-issue, like some fantasy where nothing 'bad’ under Kerry can happen… pretty demented.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

No don’t go. It’s Rove with his tricks. (Yes, Norman Jr. will go.)

Whatever seems to work, that’s it, huh?

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=threadview&id=235519

1. A genuine attack to America and a reaction from it’s people, as if it's some kind of trick?
    2. Hitler’s flunkies never ran a Democracy, WTF did Goering know about Democracy?
    3. Actually not in the testimony at all, but rather a record from a psychologist.
    4. Also said from Goering: “When I hear the word culture, I reach for my Browning."
    5. An opiate junkie in the stages of withdrawal.
    6. Under trial for his life, fallen from power and extremely stressed.
    7. Committed suicide a few days after this discussion.

Yet he’s a genius about running a Democracy in the 21st century now.

Let’s go over the main points to date:

LESTISTS HATE BUSH WITH BOILING RAGE:

NORMAN SAYS KERRY IS HARDLY BETTER:

NORMAN SAYS PROTESTING IS USELESS:

And the final question!

And armed how?

THE ONLY HOPE TO CHANGE IS:

Norman Mailers' ‘spiritual’ standards:

My friends in the USSR sure thought guys like him sucked ass, and felt he could die like Lenin and stay that way.

So without commiting a felony by directly advocating an armed overthrow of America's government, it's the only implication published here. What's more worrisome, is that 'Buffalo', that is, Norman Jr., must have the straight-up version which doesn't really dance around Dad's real dream for revolutionary change.

:gives:

:smoke:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Great fisk! Mailer has to be one of the most pompous members of the left, I mean 'way left of Kerry.' There is something very Chomsky/Robert Fisk in this piece, not to mention Marx.

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Hmmm. . . I can see that. But I was thinking more Fred Flinstone / Homer Simpson / Barney Fyfe (sp?)

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yeah, I can see that!
    :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Norman Mailer - another waste of oxygen. I noticed that every time he referred to the demonstrators he fobbed off the responsibility for their actions onto the Republicans. This attitude typifies the far left's inability to accept personal responsibility for their actions. It's alway someone else's fault. How utterly pathetic that Mailer now seeks to blame Republicans for actions that he ANTICIPATES that the protesters MIGHT take in the future. Like those nasty, evil Republicans are out there tempting and tricking protesters into breaking the law or committing acts of vandalism like dirty old men tempting children with candy.

Anyway it was obvious that you did a lot of work on this piece. Enjoyed reading it. Watch out for carpal tunnel syndrome.

6. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167

Thanks! It's a save from a week ago, kind of a work in progress with so many edits my head spun from the effort!

But the Father/Son Mailer interview is worth twice the effort than any Chomsky or Fisk publication... we'll see John 'Buffalo' Mailer again, I'm almost sure of it.

Buffalo?

:laugh:

7. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Damn, that's funny stuff. When I read entertainment like that, I start praying for a "spiritually awakened" revolution that can provide that kind of humor on a daily basis. Yeah, I've got a sick sense of humor, I wanted Perot to be elected in '92 just for the endless amusement it would have provided - knowing that Congress would keep him in check of course.

At least now when I watch the convention riots, I'll be in the know - fully aware that those with "Bush=Hitler" signs breaking into McDonald's are actually clandestine Karl Rove operatives.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    And it's also good to know that at least daddy isn't bogarting the stash of Acid he has left over from the 60's.

9. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I agree. What about the janitors and busboys and other people in minimum wage jobs?

I agree. That's really stupid to say that. If the nation is so divided, then by definition there are plenty of people on both sides. Regardless of who is elected, there will be a large group of unhappy people.