No such thing as GREEN

Discussion in 'Energy' started by krotchdog, Apr 10, 2009.

1. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I had such a clever thread thought out where are started off by flaming who I consider liberal greens but after posting in another thread I decided to change my intro. I am just such a nice guy but actually its my intelligence that made the difference.

This is such a serious subject it needs a serious discussion.

This is more than Bush vs Obama, Republican vs Democrat, Conservative vs Liberal.

This is about our future, its about being enslaved to corporations. Do not confuse capitalism with corporations. Capitalism is what has given us all that is good, everything we live and breath came from the good of capitalism. All that is bad comes from individuals, individuals that rise to the power within corporations. Individuals that are born into power and money. Individuals that rise to power in politics.

That is why we have laws and the constitution, the founders new how easily a little power corrupts the individual.

Its amazing to see the intelligence of our founders. These were men of great education that spent thier lives studying all that was written by many great men throughout the centuries.

The times have changed but not the nature of men. That is why its so important we understand the two documents that establish or laws, The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

The Green revolution has nothing to do with cleaning the earth and making it better, its about power.

Anyone who thinks green is good does not understand, has not thought through exactly what is happening to go green. I started this debate in another thread but I figure as long as I am contributing more facts than the author of that paticular thread I mine as well have my own.

Green energy wastes more energy than it produces.

Green energy creates more pollution.

Green energy enslaves a nation to a few people in power.

Green energy will make the rich, richer, the middle class poorer, and the poor a permanent sub-class.

2. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,875
    I've often used the term Global Governance instead of Global Warming.

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    Well, another couple of idiots.

Energy from sources that do not put mercury and lead into the air, that do not put GHGs into the air, or create a rain that is acid enough to poison lakes simple makes sense.

Chic, if you are truly stupid enough to believe that there is a conspiracy that involves every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University on earth, enough said.

4. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Old Rocks. how much have you thought this out. No mercury or lead, you must burn oil to make a windmill. Its a conspiracy, if you want to call the richest company in the world making money on people who believe its nice to go green.

So Old Rocks, who is the idiot, it seems you think you can make a windmill without creating pollution, tell me how, do they grow on trees, do you dig them in your backyard. Maybe spacemen deliver them. This is a serious discussion, maybe you are young and just like to piss people off maybe not, maybe you need to be told that windmills dont.

I have been concentrating my study on the fiberglass portion of the windmill, all 60,000 lbs of fiberglass that goes into each and every windmill.

Explain to me Old Rocks how fiberglass production is perfectly clean.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    Modern furnaces use electricity to melt steel. And no modern product is perfectly clean. Not wind, solar, geothermal, nuclear, or even hydro.

However, none of these methods of generating electricity is anywhere near as dirty as coal. And, when we get the batteries with enough storage capacity, we, as individuals, can supply the fuel from solar on our own property. As well as powering our own homes.

As for the rest, do some research instead of repeating brain dead talking points.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Old Rocks, why resort to flaming, I want to have a discussion and talk about this, if your only interested in flaming I will decline to repond to you in this thread. Try again and I will respond. Twice you have insulted me, you have taken two oppurtunities to engage me yet all you have done is called me names.

7. Seraega

Seraega Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Let's assume your figure is right...

Explain to me how a 1 time expense of 60,000 lbs of fiberglass is worse than a perpetual 2,860 TONNES of coal used annually to produce the same amount of power?

Lets see, average life of a windmill - 30 years Total cost: 60,000 lbs of fiberglass.

Same 30 years of producing with coal - 85,800 tonnes of coal.

8. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Because you will need to use that much coal to produce the fiberglass, I am out of time, otherwise I would give you more. You also will replace the turbine blades once in the lifespan of a windmill, the weight is twice as much. Dont just take my comments and assume, if you do you post in error. comes to about 100,000 lbs, how much fuel does a fleet of diesel trucks take to move 100,000 lbs.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  9. Seraega

Seraega Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You need 85,800 tonnes of coal to produce 30 tonnes of fiberglass? I smell something here and it stinks.

10. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    thats called fiberglass production, it uses three times the energy of other industry.