No Point In Going Nuclear

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
The Turtle doesn't want the Wall, never did, never will. But he's still useful in other ways although he despises Trump and we can't get rid of him. But on the "nuclear-option", he's miscalculated. By requiring 60 votes for legislation to pass, the GOP stopped a lot of Obama damage from ever happening. Give that up for a partial Wall payment and you open the door to a Rat president making the same request to a Rat majority leader and going nuclear. But Mitch, they'll do it anyway same as Harry Reid did in the first place. Problem now is Corker is on his way back to Tennessee and Flake will vote against the bill.....that means we only got 49 votes...not enough to go nuclear now...maybe later.
default_yes.gif

atom-bomb-bikini-atoll.jpg

The nuclear option has been opened up for judicial appointments. It now takes only a majority to approve a Supreme Court Justice

If McConnell wants to abolish filibuster for routine legislation, he better pick a better cause than a stupid wall

• Banned
The nuclear option has been opened up for judicial appointments. It now takes only a majority to approve a Supreme Court Justice

If McConnell wants to abolish filibuster for routine legislation, he better pick a better cause than a stupid wall

I know the rules....and there's nothing "stupid" about the Wall....you won't understand that until somebody you know loses their job or is raped or murdered by an invader.

I know the rules....and there's nothing "stupid" about the Wall....you won't understand that until somebody you know loses their job or is raped or murdered by an invader.

We have had Mexican immigrants for over a century
Your rapist and murderer threats do not phase me

The Turtle doesn't want the Wall, never did, never will. But he's still useful in other ways although he despises Trump and we can't get rid of him. But on the "nuclear-option", he's miscalculated. By requiring 60 votes for legislation to pass, the GOP stopped a lot of Obama damage from ever happening. Give that up for a partial Wall payment and you open the door to a Rat president making the same request to a Rat majority leader and going nuclear. But Mitch, they'll do it anyway same as Harry Reid did in the first place. Problem now is Corker is on his way back to Tennessee and Flake will vote against the bill.....that means we only got 49 votes...not enough to go nuclear now...maybe later.
default_yes.gif

atom-bomb-bikini-atoll.jpg
The Democrats will "go nuclear" when they eventually take the senate back regardless. We have already started down that slippery slope, and the slope is to slippery to go back up.

We have had Mexican immigrants for over a century
Your rapist and murderer threats do not phase me

They murder 4,000 Americans a year....no problemo eh?

Certainly not.....that very same low-life gave this answer when appraised that his forebears, the Bolsheviks, killed 100 million...he shrugged and wrote "Sure it wasn't 100 billion?"

This is the sort of scum you're dealing with.

• Banned
The Democrats will "go nuclear" when they eventually take the senate back regardless. We have already started down that slippery slope, and the slope is to slippery to go back up.

I doubt they'll ever take back the Senate in our lifetime...they only prosper when the GOP has made everything so boringly good that people go for a "hopey changey" clown like Obama. Still, we don't have the votes today so it's pointless unless we can flip ONE democrat (Manchin maybe?) and Pence is the tie-breaker.

Forum List

Back