No More Jesus Rifles

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
No More Jesus Rifles - ABC News

After ABC News Report, Trijicon Announces Plan to Remove Bible Codes from Gun Sights Provided to U.S. Military
By LUIS MARTINEZ, JOSEPH RHEE and MARK SCHONE

Trijicon, the gunsight maker that has imprinted Bible verse numbers on its scopes, has announced that it will no longer imprint the verses on the sides of scopes intended for the U.S. military, and will also provide clients with the kits to remove the Bible verse numbers from existing scopes.

An ABC News report earlier this week revealed that the Michigan-based company, which has a contract to provide up to 800,000 scopes to the U.S. military, prints references to New Testament chapters and verses in code next to the model numbers of its scopes. The scopes are used by the U.S. Marine Corps and Army in Iraq and Afghanistan, and by U.S. allies in those countries, and for the training of Afghan and Iraqi troops.

"Trijicon has proudly served the U.S. military for more than two decades, and our decision to offer to voluntarily remove these references is both prudent and appropriate," said Stephen Bindon, Trijicon president and CEO in a statement. "We want to thank the Department of Defense for the opportunity to work with them and will move as quickly as possible to provide the modification kits for deployment overseas."

Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said the Department of Defense "applauds the voluntary actions announced today by Trijicon." <more>

What a complete tempest in a tea pot.

You know the troops will just start greasing their bullets with pig fat now.

After ABC News Report, Trijicon Announces Plan to Remove Bible Codes from Gun Sights Provided to U.S. Military

Trijicon, the gunsight maker that has imprinted Bible verse numbers on its scopes, has announced that it will no longer imprint the verses on the sides of scopes intended for the U.S. military, and will also provide clients with the kits to remove the Bible verse numbers from existing scopes.

An ABC News report earlier this week revealed that the Michigan-based company, which has a contract to provide up to 800,000 scopes to the U.S. military, prints references to New Testament chapters and verses in code next to the model numbers of its scopes. The scopes are used by the U.S. Marine Corps and Army in Iraq and Afghanistan, and by U.S. allies in those countries, and for the training of Afghan and Iraqi troops.

"Trijicon has proudly served the U.S. military for more than two decades, and our decision to offer to voluntarily remove these references is both prudent and appropriate," said Stephen Bindon, Trijicon president and CEO in a statement. "We want to thank the Department of Defense for the opportunity to work with them and will move as quickly as possible to provide the modification kits for deployment overseas."

Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said the Department of Defense "applauds the voluntary actions announced today by Trijicon." <more>

Oh dear...and now the scopes will be inferior. :(

...do you think now maybe they'll stop yelling "ALLAH" as they set off their suicide vests in the market places of the world?

How silly to appease religious zealots. Whether realized or not, the war with terrorism (radical Muslims) is a religious war.

I say we engrave In God We Trust on each bullet.

...do you think now maybe they'll stop yelling "ALLAH" as they set off their suicide vests in the market places of the world?

How silly to appease religious zealots. Whether realized or not, the war with terrorism (radical Muslims) is a religious war.

The Muslims worship the same God as Christians and Jews do.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. They'll have to pray them to death now or either aim real well. Either one's fine with me.

The real reason for the decision: Non-believers who used rifles with the gunsights were burned and could not use them.

I would advertise that we polished each and every Bullet with bacon grease.

While you're at it...I understand there are some lovely pictures of Mecca being nuked you could have placed in soldiers' MRE bags.

What a good idea, given their penchant for blowing up temples, and their desire to keep Jews from the Dome of the Rock, which was of course housed by a Jewish temple long before Islam claimed it as their own.

Last edited:

I am not a Religious person. As a matter of fact, most would call me an Atheist because I do not believe in the god of the Organized Religions of the World.

If god exists, I believe in Einstein's or Spinoza's god where god is the Sum Total of all the Laws of the Universe.

Praying to this god is like praying to lightening so that it won't strike you. When we die, we'll be fertilizer no different than the cockroaches, etc., that infest this world.

Praying to the god of the Organized Religions of the World has the same statistical results as praying to the nearest rock in your garden.

That being said......I don't give a crap if Bible's verses are printed on the scopes as long as they motivate our troops to kill as many of the IslamoFascist Swine as possible.

What a non-issue this was.

The scopes themselves were light intensifying and the quotation were all light related.

The Muslims worship the same God as Christians and Jews do.

But the way they do it is the problem here.

image16.jpg

1xxxcharmarquenc0.jpg

113195125kj2.jpg

no Jesus rifles no problem :lol:

Main Entry: il·lit·er·a·cy
Pronunciation: \(&#716;)i(l)-&#712;li-t(&#601;-)r&#601;-s&#275;\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural il·lit·er·a·cies
Date: 1660
1 : the quality or state of being illiterate; especially : inability to read or write

Forum List

Back