No felony charges for SPD cop’s bone-breaking punch of handcuffed woman

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
2025176982.jpg

Federal prosecutors say they will review an incident in which a Seattle police officer punched and seriously injured a handcuffed, intoxicated woman, after King County prosecutors said Friday they won’t charge the officer.

Emily Langlie, spokeswoman for acting U.S. Attorney Annette L. Hayes, said her office will look at the June 22 incident involving Officer Adley Shepherd for a possible federal criminal civil-rights violation.

The decision comes after King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg announced that his office would not seek a state felony charge against Shepherd, 38, a nine-year department veteran, for punching Miyekko Durden-Bosley in the back of his police cruiser.

Durden-Bosley, 23, was intoxicated and was verbally abusive after her arrest outside the home of a Seattle man whose mother had called the police. Durden-Bosley swore at Shepherd and kicked at him while being shoved into the back of a police cruiser, according to the investigation.

Shepherd reacted by punching her once in the face, fracturing the orbit of her right eye. Shepherd suffered no visible injuries, according to court documents.

Shepherd has been on paid administrative leave since the incident.

You never know :rolleyes:

No felony charges for SPD cop rsquo s bone-breaking punch of handcuffed woman Local News The Seattle Times

The cop should have just grabbed the ring in her nose and pulled really hard.

She shoulda just let it happen and correct it in the courts....oh wait :rolleyes:

The cop should have just grabbed the ring in her nose and pulled really hard.

Again, you would make a great movie villain Katz.
I would have ripped the ring out of her nose and made her eat it.

I'll get in touch with the James Bond people to come interview you. The evil you spew on this site is truly inspiring. And I'm sure you can help them come up with a great villain idea.

a great character name would be, pasty face

She shoulda just let it happen and correct it in the courts....oh wait :rolleyes:

OR...not kick the cop in the face to start with.

Dont knock just the effect when the cause was just as wrong. If you kick a cop in the face....I cant feel sorry for you if all you got was punched back.

OR...not kick the cop in the face to start with.

Dont knock just the effect when the cause was just as wrong. If you kick a cop in the face....I cant feel sorry for you if all you got was punched back.

Using that black scale again I see...

Black girl kick no injuries = White Cop punch broken eye socket

Same thing...

The police are expected to take abuse and say nothing.

New law should read that ALL cops must stand at attention before each arrest and allow the criminal at least one punch or kick to whatever body part they want...and one spit to anywhere below the neck....before applying handcuffs. And the cop cannot charge or retaliate.

People are entitled to assault cops ya know. Cops owe us a few free strikes.

Forum List

Back