NFL Season 52: The Broncos/Eagles DJ

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a sports-marketing themed parable inspired by the film Jerry Maguire.

Signing off (Merry Christmas, USMB!),

birds.png

====

The Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) were led by young-phenom QB Carson Wentz in season 52 (2017-2018). Everyone wanted Wentz' Eagles to go all the way, but the team would have to get past the hot Minnesota Vikings (NFC) and of course Tom Brady's titan New England Patriots (AFC), but Wentz was optimistic. Brady's Patriots dominated the NFL in the new millennium thus far, having won 5 Super Bowls and appearing in 7 in all, having only lost to Eli Manning's laboring NY Giants (albeit twice!). Wentz believed the Eagles had what it took for season 52. Two seasons ago, QB Cam Newton led the hot Panthers to the Super Bowl but were upset by QB Peyton Manning's diligent Denver Broncos. Peyton (Eli's brother) never got to play Brady's Patriots in the Super Bowl (a match-up everyone wanted!), but at least Peyton's little brother got some taste of retribution for the NFL-iconic Manning family.

Would Wentz' Eagles make it to the Super Bowl to possibly (and likely) face the New England Patriots? There was so much spiritual fervor for this game that an angel from heaven named Agent Orange decided to descend and give Wentz some extra motivation. Agent Orange was an orange-colored caped 'vigilante' who believed he had the power to guide men's hearts towards patriotic behaviors.

AGENT ORANGE: Are you ready, Carson?
WENTZ: Angel, I'm the third QB (in the last 3 seasons) expected to topple Brady!
AGENT ORANGE: Yes, and both Cam Newton (Panthers) and Matt Ryan (Falcon) failed.
WENTZ: That's correct, and Cam didn't even play Brady in the Super Bowl...
AGENT ORANGE: Yes, Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos faced the Panthers that year.
WENTZ: Peyton's Broncos defeated Brady's Patriots in the AFC Championship 20-18.
AGENT ORANGE: We all wanted Peyton to face Brady in the Super Bowl instead...
WENTZ: So what makes you think I have what it takes?
AGENT ORANGE: Don't you believe in your own team (the gritty Eagles)?
WENTZ: Hey, I love Philadelphia, and I love the Eagles, but I have to be objective.
AGENT ORANGE: C'mon Carson, feel free to be 'dramatic.'
WENTZ: Ya know, the Broncos had John Elway who finally won Super Bowls!
AGENT ORANGE: Yes, while Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton lost at least 3 Super Bowls!
WENTZ: Football is such a dramatic game, angel...
AGENT ORANGE: That's why I want you to focus on the Broncos while you play.
WENTZ: Why should I meditate about the Denver Broncos?
AGENT ORANGE: Think! John Elway and Peyton Manning were Broncos-legends.
WENTZ: Since Elway and Peyton both won Super Bowls, the Eagles can learn from them!

====

do.jpg

Forum List

Back