NFL ratings and the fallacy of the kaepernick effect.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Theowl32, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,470
    i think a lotof it was kaepernick. nba raitings were way up last year

2. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,656
    Chiefs home games are always sold out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,656
    Also the over the air signal is in 4k vs 1080p streaming. Almost everyone I know watches the over the air version because the picture is incredible.

Add to that the HUNDREDS of apps and websites that let you watch ANYTHING without paying a dime.

Hell if you goto YouTube and type FOX NEWS LIVE STREAM in the search bar a half dozen pirated feeds will pop up. They get caught every couple days but 2 new feeds go up for every one taken down.

Cable is done, they just haven't accepted it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theowl32

Theowl32 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,512
    NBA has a built in better following from a global perspective. They have been doing a great job of marketing, plus basketball is just more accepted.

The NFL or FOOTBALL (American) has little interest around the world. Even moreso with the organized left wing attack on the concussion problem etc. Yes, it is a left wing attack. Research the 4 olds in regards to the Chinese marxist revolution. Doing away the old culture, old customs, old ways, old ideas. All really the same things, but that is what it is. Again FOOTBALL is AMERICAN CULTURE. Unlike the other sports which are more worldly.

Ask why bspn does not hype the concussion problems with other sports like hockey, or boxing, or soccer, etc. They gloss over those sports. Its a flat out assault on football.

Is that paranoia on my part? Not so sure.

5. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,871
    The NFL probably brings in more money than the NHL, MLS, and whatever the major boxing organization is in the US combined. That might be why it gets so much more media attention. ;)

6. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,603
    I stopped watching the NFL some time ago and only watch college ball now. My team simply sucked so badly for such a long time that I could no longer take it, so I gave them up entirely and don't even miss them. I could not pick up another team.

I think that people have too many other things to capture their interests these days. Sporting events are becoming like the circus. These are sports of a bygone era and way of life.

Add to that the expense and stupid political stands and people simply don't want to be bothered anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2