• No, and I disagree with the cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I agree with the cover

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes, and I disagree with the cover

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Don't know, don't care

• Other (very important option, people always think there should be an 'other')

• Total voters
  • Banned
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/boehner-blame-article-1.1472528

The government of the United States of America is closed for business today, courtesy of the Republican Party. It’s a national embarrassment, like a scene from the Marx Brothers’ classic 1933 satire “Duck Soup,” only without the anarchic humor.

Hail Freedonia!

Who produced today’s farce? Was it the Tea Party hotheads, 50 or so House Republicans who love ideological combat but hate governing? Or was it Sen. Ted Cruz, perhaps the most cunning demagogue America has produced since Joe McCarthy?
All played their discreditable parts. But the man in the director’s chair is John Boehner, who is bidding for the title of worst House speaker in U.S. history.

Why Boehner? Because he knows better, and could have prevented the shut-down. And because, as America’s third-ranking constitutional officer, after the President and vice president, he is supposed to serve America’s interests — not the febrile demands of his party’s most rabid partisans. That’s Eric Cantor’s job.

Last edited:
  • Banned
"But there is something more here. How does one party that has lost two presidential elections and a Supreme Court case – as well as two Senate elections - think it has the right to shut down the entire government and destroy the full faith and credit of the United States Treasury to get its way on universal healthcare now? I see no quid pro quo even. Just pure blackmail, resting on understandable and predictable public concern whenever a major reform is enacted. But what has to be resisted is any idea that this is government or politics as usual. It is an attack on the governance and the constitutional order of the United States."

The Nullification Party « The Dish

• Banned
I thought this one was far worse than the older one. Having said that, I don't think the cover is any worse than what they actually did.

Boehner's Post-Government Shutdown Press Conference - Business Insider

He was then asked what he would say to the 800,000 federal employees who would be affected by the government shutdown. Boehner evaded the question.

"The House has voted to keep the government open, but we also want basic fairness under Obamacare," he said.

Boehner then walked away from the microphones.

"OK, we waited for that?" Fox News' Bret Baier said after Boehner finished his press conference. "That was not a lot."

Added Fox News analyst Juan Williams: "He is tired, and he is frustrated. Something's going on with John Boehner."

There's nothing he really can say. He just committed political suicide.

Boehner: the ultimate victim of TPM stupidity and extremism.

Boehner’s clearly not up to the task, he’d love nothing more than to fund the government, but is too much of a coward to stand up to the forty or so GOP radicals holding the country hostage.

Boehner’s clearly not up to the task, he’d love nothing more than to fund the government, but is too much of a coward to stand up to the forty or so GOP radicals holding the country hostage.

And he's third in line? Scary shit, right there.

And he's third in line? Scary shit, right there.

And pray tell you're happy with the second in line..... :lol:

With Boehner, it would be booze in that baby bottle.

Not journalism, worthless rag.

Right now, the President of the United States is speaking live and MSNBC is carrying it.

I checked and as usual, fux is not.

Why is it that rw's are so afraid of seeing and hearing FACTS?

After all, seeing what is really happening would not preclude the usual lies. It would not stop you from disagreeing with his words.

So, why work so hard to avoid FACTS??

Forum List

Back