New way to cut costs, threats.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Quantum Windbag, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221

The Obama Administration's Genius New Plan For Keeping Health Insurance Premiums Down - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    She turns them down, that is her option.

And folks won't get coverage.

And there will be a new crisis for 0bama to mismanage. As far as the 0bama people are concerned, this is win win

3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    my attorney general threatened the insurance company of Anthem blue cross blue shield not to raise their rates and when they did raise them 20%....(mind you, before Anthem raised their rates the 20%, a health care policy for me and matt was $25000 A YEAR with nearly a $5,ooo deductible added to that...) the attorney general here cut that increase to a 10% increase, now Anthem is suing our state....

4. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    Its crazy, just crazy.

5. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Perhaps they are suing because they are being forced to accept restrictions on what they can charge for costs the government is imposing on them. Wouldn't you sue if you were told you had to charge less for what you are doing, and work harder at the same time?

6. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    do you think charging matt and me, 2 healthy folks, taking no prescriptions, should have to pay $30k a year for health insurance? $25k a year, is already unmanageable.....i don't care what the ifs, ands, or buts are... in the argument.

maybe the insurance companies need to look elsewhere for their profit...like cutting their own overhead, or cutting their own multi million dollar salaries to their ceos and vp's, or maybe putting the squeeze on the cost of the hospitals or doctors for what they charge....there needs to be some market forces that work for goodness sakes instead of just ''charging us more''.....

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    I am with you there, they charge me a fortune!

However one of your arguments about squeezing hospitals is one of my pet peeves. Hospitals are taking tabs of the uninsured and illegals and I/we am picking up the balance.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Then do not but it. Why is this a complex issue, if you think the product benefits are less than the cost than it is foolish to continue to purchase insurance.

The problem is that insurance pays for medical costs without you being a part of it. I once got a bill for an MRI and forwarded it to my insurance company, and they paid it without a qualm. The only real problem was that I had shopped around a bit, and found a place that charged me $450, and the insurance simply paid them the standard fee, $900. How does that make any sense?

Insurance needs to be structured to get people involved in the cost of their health care, nothing will drive down costs quicker than market pressure.

9. Queecho Feecho

Queecho Feecho Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you don't think the insurance is worth it, then don't buy it.

If a restaurant charged $100 for a spaghetti dinner, would you buy that?