New technique uses immune cells to deliver anti-cancer drugs

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
New technique uses immune cells to deliver anti-cancer drugs
January 4, 2017
Some researchers are working to discover new, safer ways to deliver cancer-fighting drugs to tumors without damaging healthy cells. Others are finding ways to boost the body's own immune system to attack cancer cells. Researchers at Penn State have combined the two approaches by taking biodegradable polymer nanoparticles encapsulated with cancer-fighting drugs and incorporating them into immune cells to create a smart, targeted system to attack cancers of specific types.

"The traditional way to deliver drugs to tumors is to put the drug inside some type of nanoparticle and inject those particles into the bloodstream," said Jian Yang, professor of biomedical engineering, Penn State. "Because the particles are so small, if they happen to reach the tumor site they have a chance of penetrating through the blood vessel wall because the vasculature of tumors is usually leaky."

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-01-technique-immune-cells-anti-cancer-drugs.html#jCp\

Cancer is the second largest cause of death each year costing America hundreds of billions in medical cost...Glad to see new ideas that could end up shorting the time span people have to suffer with it.

I'm sure it's going to be available to all like most of these "advances" that the public funds a great deal of.

• Banned
I'm sure it's going to be available to all like most of these "advances" that the public funds a great deal of.

One good thing about allowing stuff to go to human trials and onto the market like Trump wants is it may be out faster. I doubt everyone will be able to afford it but it will be around.

One good thing about allowing stuff to go to human trials and onto the market like Trump wants is it may be out faster. I doubt everyone will be able to afford it but it will be around.

Yup, great for the wealthy, good for them. But no, Trump cannot just get things to market faster.

Forum List

Back