New Sex Ed Curriculum Initiated, Parents Letters Bounced By Filters

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Too weird:

http://www.townhall.com/clog/archive/050306.html#073348PM

Smut for thee, but not for me

This is absolutely unbelievable. It appears Montgomery County (Maryland) public schools can implement a new sex education curriculum singing the praises of condom use and homosexuality, and, apparently, teaching about anal sex, but state taxpayers who write the school board to complain of such trash are being censored due to inappropriate content in their emails!

That's right. Here's the exact message I sent to the Montgomery County Board of Education last night after being informed by a member of Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum that the school district intends to instruct children in the practice of anal sex:

Dear Montgomery County BOE [cc: Gov. Robert Ehrlich]:

I strongly oppose your use of taxpayer dollars to indoctrinate Maryland's public school students with the Left's visions of a hypersexualized society, including discussion of anal sex and the like. It is absurd that our schools would provide our kids with the knowledge to indulge in their basest fantasies, much less neglect to educate them about the potentially disastrous consequences of having sex out of wedlock. And please don't attempt to justify these actions; I'm a former Maryland public school teacher from St. Mary's County and am well aware of how our districts operate. It is because of ridiculousness such as this that I am now a "former" teacher in Maryland.

http://www.therightreport.com/bothwell/2005/03/liberal_indoctr.html

Best,
Trevor Bothwell
Host, therightreport.com

Now, here's an automatically generated email that I received from the board of education's email administrator informing me that my message was not delivered due to "inappropriate content."

The message referenced in the details below was not delivered due to inappropriate content. It surpassed the threshold set in the Adult Content dictionary.

The action on the message fell into the following category:

Messages that were dropped (Content Filtering)

If you believe the message was blocked in error, please resend it to "[email protected]" and include the name of the intended recipient so it can be forwarded.

E-mail Administrator, Montgomery County Public Schools

I'm struggling to pinpoint exactly which portion of my letter "surpassed the threshold set in the Adult Content dictionary," but my guess is that the words "anal sex" might have had something to do with it.

So, you got that? It's "inappropriate" for one adult to write to a group of adults expressing concern over topics addressed in a school district's curriculum (indeed, the board's own web server admits the terms "anal," "sex," "anal sex," "hypersexualized," or any combination thereof, violate standards of appropriate language laid out in the "Adult Content dictionary" and are thus filtered from receipt by the school board), but it's apparently fine and dandy to reference such terminology in schools filled with impressionable tenth-graders.

Email the Montgomery County Board of Education at [email protected]. Oh, and be sure not to offend their delicate sensibilities by mentioning sexual terms that are good enough for our adolescents but not those who thrust this smut upon them.
[07:33 PM 07-Mar-05 | Trevor Bothwell | Comment]

We can learn about gay sex positions, but not the God that the country was founded under. We can talk about how to perform oral sex, but not talk about religion. What kind of wonderful example are schools setting?

This isn't really so surprising. If you haven't caught on to the fact that public schools in America are basically state-sponsored child abuse centers run by the politically correct, you are very slow on the uptake. We should be homeschooling our children, putting them in religious schools, or at the very least beating the crap out of the liberals who want to brainwash the kids by getting on to the school board and stopping their activity.

I'm attending a public high school right now, and I refuse to be taught ridiculous things such as these. But, the truth is, when students bring up things like God and religion, teachers have fear in their eyes.

Forum List

Back