New Politico Piece: President Trump proposes sweeping changes to Medicare drug prices

Trump? Who is Trump? Oh, that asshole.

The proposal would bypass Congress by using a pilot program to test three ways to lower the costs of drugs — including negotiating for some drugs directly administered by doctors to keep them in line with the far lower prices paid in many other countries, where governments often take an active role in setting prices.

That is what dickhead dictators do; unilateral, authoritarian, bullshit.

Well, dickhead better hurry up & lower those drug prices, BEFORE the mid term election.

Gotta have more 'vote buying'

MVBGA = Make Vote Buying Great Again

The proposal would bypass Congress by using a pilot program to test three ways to lower the costs of drugs — including negotiating for some drugs directly administered by doctors to keep them in line with the far lower prices paid in many other countries, where governments often take an active role in setting prices.

Well, dickhead better hurry up & lower those drug prices, BEFORE the mid term election.

Medicare is government. It is government buying the drugs.

Is there a reason that medicare should not refuse to pay more than other nations? Would you walk into a store and pay $5 for a gallon of milk when everyone else is paying $2?

Is there a reason that medicare should not refuse to pay more than other nations? Would you walk into a store and pay $5 for a gallon of milk when everyone else is paying $2?

I am going to hire Trump to be my 'personal shopper' and Trump can go & buy my goddamn milk, for me.

I was just about to start a topic about this.

Trump Proposes to Lower Drug Prices by Basing Them on Other Countries’ Costs

President Trump proposed on Thursday that Medicare pay for certain prescription drugs based on the prices paid in other advanced industrial countries — a huge change that would save money for the government and for millions of Medicare beneficiaries.

As part of a demonstration project covering half the country, Medicare would establish an “international pricing index” and use it as a benchmark in deciding how much to pay for drugs covered by Part B of Medicare.

<snip>

Mr. Trump has the authority to use the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation created by the Affordable Care Act to implement the proposal.

<snip>

Mr. Trump cited the government’s international drug-pricing report in his speech on Thursday. The report compares prices charged by drug manufacturers in the United States and 16 other countries for 27 drugs that are covered by Part B of Medicare.

“Over all,” the report said, “prices and reimbursement rates for Part B drugs are significantly higher for U.S. providers than purchasers outside the U.S. Medicare could achieve significant savings if prices in the U.S. were similar to those of other large market-based economies.”

In a Twitter post, Mr. Azar said, “Medicare was found to be paying the highest price for 19 out of the 27 drugs studied.” In only one case was Medicare paying less than the international average, he said.

<snip>

The new report acknowledged many “limitations” in the data used for its international price comparisons. The formulation of drugs, their dosage and strength may differ from country to country, it said.

I am going to hire Trump to be my 'personal shopper' and Trump can go & buy my goddamn milk, for me.
What a surprise. You are utterly unable to address the points.

`
As a candidate, Trump proposed sweeping changes to lower drug prices. It included a plan to allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices directly with pharmaceutical companies, which Democrats cheered. However, Trump has not followed through on that pledge in office. I'll wait and see what happens with this.

Trump proposes sweeping changes to Medicare drug prices

Trump's Medicare proposal would bypass Congress by using a pilot program to test three ways to lower the costs of drugs

If this happens Trump will have my full support in this endeavor.

Drug cost are stupid high in this country.

I couldn't agree more and I hope he is successful.

I don't take any drugs but I know millions out there do so this is a good thing.

My son is type-1 diabetic and insulin is one of the most expensive liquids in the world, and there is no good reason for that to be the case.

Trump proposes sweeping changes to Medicare drug prices

Trump's Medicare proposal would bypass Congress by using a pilot program to test three ways to lower the costs of drugs

If this happens Trump will have my full support in this endeavor.

Drug cost are stupid high in this country.

I couldn't agree more and I hope he is successful.

I don't take any drugs but I know millions out there do so this is a good thing.

My son is type-1 diabetic and insulin is one of the most expensive liquids in the world, and there is no good reason for that to be the case.

Well here's hoping Trump is successful for your son and all the others out there who take medications.

It's a shame this topic is buried under an avalanche of bomber topics. This new policy is one I would think had bipartisan support.

Let's give Trump some credit for this one, folks.

It's a shame this topic is buried under an avalanche of bomber topics. This new policy is one I would think had bipartisan support.

I sure hope he can get it done.

Ha, bipartisan support? Not a chance. The dems are acting just like the republicans of 8 years ago.

Hope - misplaced 100 percent of the time when talking about politicians.

Forum List

Back