New Orleans residents lost gun rights after Katrina

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, police in New Orleans confiscated thousands of guns from residents in an effort to keep guns out of the hands of anyone who wasn’t law enforcement.

Louisiana residents feel that their constitutional rights were violated and proceeded to sue the city of New Orleans with the help of the National Rifle Association.

Richard Styron and his friend Wayne Schum were crossing Lake Ponchartrain about a week after Hurricane Katrina made landfall.

“I had almost six inches of water to a foot in my house, but it was still there,” Styron said.

After getting Styron’s weapons and valuables from his house, the pair proceeded to cross back across the lake.

“We had heard about all the stuff that was going on in New Orleans, all the shootings and the people that were getting hurt, some killed from what I was told,” Styron said.

Law enforcement ended up stopping their boat and taking their weapons.

Read more and watch video:

New Orleans residents lost gun rights after Katrina - RT Top Stories

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what happened to all those guns, AMIGOS?

Have you seen the people that lived in New Orleans? Those are the last guys id want to see running around with guns.

• Banned
This is not current events

The story is FRESH from Russia Today. The only source of honest American news because it isn't politically corrected for sensitive ears.

Apparently Russia is about five years behind the times.

But where did those guns go? Did the police dump them? Or did they find themselves across the border in the hands of the drug cartels.

American gun owners are getting blamed for what the NOPD might have done.

This is not current events

The story is FRESH from Russia Today. The only source of honest American news because it isn't politically corrected for sensitive ears.

It is still not a Current Event.

Stop being such a fucking twat, fuckface.

So if one of your dumbfuck race has a rally that claims Mexico owns the southwest of America and a riot breaks out where people are killed today, according to your logic, it is not a current event because the Mexicans were disputing a claim that they LOST after the US Mexican War was won by the US over 1 1/2 centuries ago.

What a beaner! HA! HA! HA!

Apparently Russia is about five years behind the times.

But where did those guns go? Did the police dump them? Or did they find themselves across the border in the hands of the drug cartels.

American gun owners are getting blamed for what the NOPD might have done.

They were probably destroyed. The thing about the story is it gives only one side. Those guys could have been unlawfully carrying those weapons. There are such things as gun laws even in Louisiana.

Christ dude Google it, go to the NRA and read all about it and the law suits, etc....
This is older than stale, decomposed bread, where the fuck have you been hiding?

[

They were probably destroyed. The thing about the story is it gives only one side. Those guys could have been unlawfully carrying those weapons. There are such things as gun laws even in Louisiana.

The video tells more to the story. And there are 2 videos on that page. One is an interview with Alex Jones. I believe some of the guns were taken from their rightful owners while on the owner's property.

It is still not a Current Event.

Stop being such a fucking twat, fuckface.

So if one of your dumbfuck race has a rally that claims Mexico owns the southwest of America and a riot breaks out where people are killed today, according to your logic, it is not a current event because the Mexicans were disputing a claim that they LOST after the US Mexican War was won by the US over 1 1/2 centuries ago.

What a beaner! HA! HA! HA!

Are you telling me that the people of New Orleans had their guns taken away yesterday?

When were the guns taken away?

Your analogy doesn't make any sense: you are comparing a killing that happened TODAY to guns being confiscated 5 years ago.

:cuckoo:

This story was on the news TODAY! Why was that?

Was it a slow news day so they decided to pull out a story that happened 5 years ago just to fill up space?

If it is good enough for the NEWS, it should be considered a current event and it should be good enough for you.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back