New Open Secrets Report On Oil & Gas Industry Bribes

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
The elephant continues tilting the tables toward waste and pollution for profit$
A recent analysis by the Pennsylvania Capital-Star found that groups opposed to climate policies spent $2 billion on political activities (including lobbying, campaign contributions, and advertising) from 2008 to 2018, outspending their opposition 27 to 1!

Capital-Star report on lobbying by oil and gas industry
Even when important legislation is passed that promotes clean energy initiatives, like last year’s Inflation Reduction Act, the oil and gas industry is hard at work watering down its impact.

The elephant continues tilting the tables toward waste and pollution for profit$

When the United States has some of the lowest pollution around the world, i just cant see the waste and pollution, like in China and India. If you got problems then go after the government for allowing the train spill in Ohio and the whales and dolphins showing up on the Jersey shore all in the name of Green Energy.

The article the OP posted didn't even attempt to hide their left-wing, anti-oil, anti-capitalism bias. I have no problem with the oil and gas industry trying to influence Congress to relax government regulations on it, and open more areas for drilling. That allows them to invest more in production, which invariably brings down the price of energy, as well as everything else. America should now be energy-dominant like it was in 2019, except we now have an administration that's hostile toward the oil and gas industry. Had we been energy-dominant in 2022 instead of traipsing off to look for imaginary "green energy" faeries and unicorns, Russia never would have been able to finance their war on Ukraine.

Bribes and Gödel's incompleteness theorems are two very different things, yet they have one thing in common: neither can be completely solved!

Just like how bribes will always exist as long as people remain greedy and selfish, Gödel's theorem proves that some mathematical problems cannot be solved no matter how hard you try.

So if you're ever stuck on a problem with no solution in sight, just remember - it might not be your fault; it could just be another instance of the great paradox known as "Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem".

Yeah, some problems are regarded as unsolvable. Just learn to let go of something! lol. :)

Note that the massive subsidies for those money-sucking eyesore windmills aren't categorized as "bribes".
None are in the link posted. I called them bribes. Even the 1/27th spent lobbying for renewables. But, you know, these results are to be expected from one who was too busy making fart noises to pay attention in class.

None are in the link posted. I called them bribes. Even the 1/27th spent lobbying for renewables. But, you know, these results are to be expected from one who was too busy making fart noises to pay attention in class.
FU.jpg

Forum List

Back