New idea for guns...no front sight?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just saw this new sight design for guns.....the front and rear sights are combined and placed where the rear sight goes.....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Meprolight FT Bullseye— Red Dot Sights for Glock Pistols

Meprolight’s engineers solved the issue of bulkiness with normal pistol red dot sights by combining fiber optics with tritium.

The innovative FT Bullseye is a sleek, low profile single rear sight, which helps shooters to get on target, faster, in all lighting conditions. With this inventive design, there’s no need for a front sight; it’s all in the red-dot. When the dot is centered in the circle, you’re on target. It’s as simple as that!

The low-profile design sets it apart from other micro sights and allows the shooter to pull the gun from the holster without having to worry about snagging a shirt or jacket on the sight. “It’s a real breakthrough in sight design”, “ I’ve never seen anything like it. You acquire the target quickly”, are comments frequently heard when experienced shooters use it for the first time. The combination of fiber optics and tritium make it effective under any shooting condition. Day or night, you’re good to go.

No. Every product has to be altered for the new-and-improved sales pitch to sell more.

Seems like a gimmick. For the most part iron sights aren't bulky.

They are making automation for everything, why not an automatic sight?

Cars that drive themselves, why not guns that shoot themselves. Man, talk about new and improved! 2aguy could ring his lawn with 'em, and perhaps at long last feel safe then.

Cars that drive themselves, why not guns that shoot themselves. Man, talk about new and improved! 2aguy could ring his lawn with 'em, and perhaps at long last feel safe then.
And not more using of tree stands for deer hunting, even though I never used one, I was to afraid of falling off one when I dozed off at 5am....

And not more using of tree stands for deer hunting, even though I never used one, I was to afraid of falling off one when I dozed off at 5am....

Or hunting with others out in the area who shoot at sounds.

Forum List

Back