New Elvis movie due out soon

The kid sings all of the songs... That's pretty special and makes me want to see it.... He spent hours learning the vocal talent of Big E....
I'm looking forward to it....

The kid sings all of the songs... That's pretty special and makes me want to see it.... He spent hours learning the vocal talent of Big E....
I'm looking forward to it....

I'll probably watch it some place, too.

He just don't have the right look.

I am looking forward to it. He has the voice down pat. The speaking voice as well as the singing voice.

I did notice that the trailer hinted at writing his background with the black church into the plot.

Being from the south myself, and having spent a great deal of my early youth in them, it looked to be a fairly accurate portrayal. From what little bit I saw in there.

You really think that's him doing Unchained Melody in that trailer?

I dunno. It sounds like the man himself to me.
I know... I thought it was Elvis but I looked it up and the creators of the film say he does all the songs...

Austin Butler

It's been confirmed by both Butler and Luhrmann in a recent interview with the Hollywood Reporter that, yes, it's Austin Butler singing throughout. 30-year Butler described the enormous hours of work he put in to replicate Elvis's legendary vocals. "When I began the process, I set out to get my voice to be identical.May 11, 2022

Does Austin Butler really sing and play guitar in Elvis? His ...​

https://www.smoothradio.com › artists › elvis-

I know... I thought it was Elvis but I looked it up and the creators of the film say he does all the songs...

Austin Butler

It's been confirmed by both Butler and Luhrmann in a recent interview with the Hollywood Reporter that, yes, it's Austin Butler singing throughout. 30-year Butler described the enormous hours of work he put in to replicate Elvis's legendary vocals. "When I began the process, I set out to get my voice to be identical.May 11, 2022

Does Austin Butler really sing and play guitar in Elvis? His ...

https://www.smoothradio.com › artists › elvis-

From that report, ''Director Baz Luhrmann did point out that it's entirely Butler singing as young Elvis, but when he ages they blended Butler's vocals with Elvis's original vocal recordings.''

I knew that was actually Elvis himself singing Suspicious Minds and Unchained Melody in the trailers.

His voice got better as he got older. It's very unique. That'd be just way too hard to pull off.

Still, though, he does sound like him on the songs he did actually cover.

From that report, ''Director Baz Luhrmann did point out that it's entirely Butler singing as young Elvis, but when he ages they blended Butler's vocals with Elvis's original vocal recordings.''

I knew that was actually Elvis himself singing Suspicious Minds and Unchained Melody in the trailers.

His voice got better as he got older. It's very unique. That'd be just way too hard to pull off.

Still, though, he does sound like him on the songs he did actually cover.
Oh thanks I didn't see that... I will still go and see it.... I remember where I was when Elvis died... I was helping my grandfather paint his house... I was really young but I can remember being sad at the news....

I'm just surprised that they didn't cast a transsexual Negro to play Elvis.

Oh thanks I didn't see that... I will still go and see it.... I remember where I was when Elvis died... I was helping my grandfather paint his house... I was really young but I can remember being sad at the news....

Yeah, I'll see it, too, for sure. They said it's only a theatrical release, though. So that's kind of a downer.

I don't like going to theaters to watch movies. Maybe on a day when nobody's in there in the afternoon or something, I dunno.

Yeah, I'll see it, too, for sure. They said it's only a theatrical release, though. So that's kind of a downer.

I don't like going to theaters to watch movies. Maybe on a day when nobody's in there in the afternoon or something, I dunno.
We have only one theater in my town but the seats are comfortable and they use the best popcorn popped in coconut oil and real butter...
I always go on Saturday afternoon... less crowded than at night....
I saw Top Gun Last Saturday and it was better than the original....

We have only one theater in my town but the seats are comfortable and they use the best popcorn popped in coconut oil and real butter...
I always go on Saturday afternoon... less crowded than at night....
I saw Top Gun Last Saturday and it was better than the original....

I finally listened to the entire Maverick soundtrack.

It's not even close to the original soundtrack. The soundtrack to the original Top Gun was very good. Especially if you have the one that includes all of the songs instead of just some of em. And that thing went No. 1 on the charts back then.

You can tell a lot about a movie by its soundtrack. This new Maverick movie I'm kind of already of the opinion that it doesn't even come close to the original.

But that's just my own perception. I haven't seen it yet. A lot of people say it's better than the original, but I just can't buy that.

The uniqueness of the era is one of the main things that made the original one so cool. It was just a great time to be alive all the way around.

This new one just seems too...oh, I dunno...hipsterish?

The Bob character I liked in the trailers for some reason, I dunno why.

Whatever, though. Everybody has their own view. And, of course, you've seen it and I haven't.

But, no, I just can't see it really being better than the original one, all things considered.

The reason I don't like going to theaters is because I have this quirk where chomping popcorn and lip smacking sets me off. Like...majorly. I just wanna strangle the ever living shit outta people when they do that. I don't feel like going to jail, though, so I wait for the digital release.

I finally listened to the entire Maverick soundtrack.

It's not even close to the original soundtrack. The soundtrack to the original Top Gun was very good. Especially if you have the one that includes all of the songs instead of just some of em. And that thing went No. 1 on the charts back then.

You can tell a lot about a movie by its soundtrack. This new Maverick movie I'm kind of already of the opinion that it doesn't even come close to the original.

But that's just my own perception. I haven't seen it yet. A lot of people say it's better than the original, but I just can't buy that.

The era is one of the main things that made the original one so cool.

This new one just seems too...oh, I dunno...hipsterish?

The Bob character I liked i nthe trailers for soem reason, I dunno why.

Whatever, though. Everybody has their own view. And, of course, you've seen it and I haven't.

But, no, I just can't see it really being better than the original one, all things considered.

The r'ason I donlt like going to theaters is because I have this quirk where chomping popcorn and lip smacking sets me off. Like...majorly. I just wanna strangle the ever living shit outta people when they do that. I don't feel like going to jail, though, so I wait for the digital release.

Forum List

Back