New Dog

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My family adopted a new dog a couple weeks ago to replace our beloved Keeshond, Rembrandt, who passed away two years ago. Malcolm is a Chow/Golden Retriever mix, 18 months old, that we got from Sierra Vista Animal Control. He's the sweetest little furball ever, and has already learned his come, heel, sit, fetch circuit, albeit he still needs treats in order to do it (he's weak on heel still). Comes and sits on command with no reward other than an ear scratch.

Such a babydoll.

Wishing Malcolm and your familly a long and happy life together! :D

Where are the photos! Congrats. I have a mix that has part Chow in her (probably) and she is a sweetheart. The Chow blood would explain the hunting instincts, she's quite the animal out on the trails.

We just had to have our Malamute put down yesterday. We all agree not to get any more. As much as we love dogs, putting them down is just too heartbreaking.

We've got a mixed-breed with just enough Chow in him to give him that "attitude". Got him as a puppy from a friend who's granddaughter was no where near ready for a dog. We took him to obedience classes early on, but that soon faded and he developed his own damn way of doing things in his own damn time. Unpredictable around people that's for sure.

Anyhow- he's about 15 years old now and slowed down quite a bit. Going deaf and probably blind also. He's cool around us but we always have him leashed and also put him up when company arrives.

We just had to have our Malamute put down yesterday. We all agree not to get any more. As much as we love dogs, putting them down is just too heartbreaking.

i am sorry and you are right...when we get a puppy we all know that one day this decision will come....
but do not say never at this point....you have a lot of dog love and a lot of dogs need homes...please reconsider down the road...when the heart is not in such pain

(((My heart goes to you and your family)))) I went through the same a few years ago ...I had to put my beautiful "Georgie" down...my heart was broken...so I know what you are talking about :(

Do not give up on pets ...please... the loyalty you receive from a dog or a cat or even a bird....is never ending love...

Pets are a most beautiful present to human beings....

(((My heart goes to you and your family)))) I went through the same a few years ago ...I had to put my beautiful "Georgie" down...my heart was broken...so I know what you are talking about :(

Do not give up on pets ...please... the loyalty you receive from a dog or a cat or even a bird....is never ending love...

Thanks, skye. You are right (as usual), they are God's gift to us, I just wish they lived longer.

Thanks, skye. You are right (as usual), they are God's gift to us, I just wish they lived longer.
(((I agree S.J.)))

We had to put down our Malamute "Inuk" less than a year ago. He was the most benign tempered dog I ever owned. Not a mean bone in his body. I miss his howls...

ASKcawf.jpg

^^^ our pets are family :(

I am sorry for you and your family Bfgrn

^^^ our pets are family :(

I am sorry for you and your family Bfgrn

Thanks. I have had dogs since I was 5 years old. It is never easy to lose a family member. I loved 'em all and I still miss them...all.

We still have a chocolate lab Abbey. But she is 14 years old and it is nearing the end...

Inuk was a trooper. He had a soft tissue melanoma on his right front leg. The vet removed it, but it grew back. We opted to have his whole leg amputated. He was doing fantastic, then about a year and a half after the surgery he stopped eating... the cancer had spread to his body...3 months later we put him down...:(

4EXt2Go.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^ absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

What beautiful dog Bfgrn!!!!!

My sympathies.
We had to put our little man down (see avatar pic) just over a month ago. I've lost dogs before, losing this one was (is) especially heartbreaking.

Give it some time, but as those who posted above said, don't give up on 'em.
Giving a great dog a great home is a win-win for all involved.

My sympathies.
We had to put our little man down (see avatar pic) just over a month ago. I've lost dogs before, losing this one was (is) especially heartbreaking.

Give it some time, but as those who posted above said, don't give up on 'em.
Giving a great dog a great home is a win-win for all involved.

Thanks. I will always have at least one dog. We learn more from them than they learn from us...

I put mine down two years ago because he was very old and had a massive stroke. It was tough to get over, which is the main reason we waited two years for another. But pets are like people in that regard: the joy you have with them is ultimately worth the pain of losing them.

Forum List

Back