New Bullets Mean Certain Death

Well, I'll move on from the wingnut circular logic.

Here is something else that boggles my mind: Why would any legal and sane civilian gun owner want such massive high-capacity magazines - when even duck hunters are limited in magazine capacity. Aren't people more important than ducks?
Yesterday, MILLIONS of legal gun owners didn't shoot anyone.

Your emotional insinuation that people who want large-capacity magazines are incipient murders is foolish and offensive.

1. In other words, your DUCKS are regulated.

2. Holy shit. Family members can file a lawsuit. Texas logic...

I think you misunderstand the point of a gun. You do not carry a gun to scare people. You do not wave it around thinking it will intimidate the criminals. And you do not try and wound the bad guy who is actively trying to hurt you or someone else.

It is called "deadly force" for a reason. You use it to completely stop the criminal(s) from doing further harm. It is standard for civilians to shoot until the criminal is down for the count.

The fact that they will not sue you is just a bonus.

Well, unless someone is a piss poor shot, how many times must a thug be shot to end his/her thuggery? Would you feel safer with a belt-fed machine gun mounted inside your home? Would your neighbors feel safer?
You really need to stop with the simplistic binary thinking. It's not an either/or issue, no matter what the irrational gun-haters insist.

I appreciate most of the responses. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but one thing I do know - the solution is not to ignore the problem. Many things not specifically addressed in the Constitution help make our lives much better. Such as...

Day in the Life of a Joe Six-Pack Republican
Liberal twaddle that claims that everything that's good and righteous and holy in the world comes from liberals is less than credible.

Why do the liberals want criminals to suffer?

Seems they want them to die slower with less lethal projectiles

That's cruel and mean :mad:

-Geaux

I appreciate most of the responses. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but one thing I do know - the solution is not to ignore the problem. Many things not specifically addressed in the Constitution help make our lives much better. Such as...

Liberal twaddle that claims that everything that's good and righteous and holy in the world comes from liberals is less than credible.

Please tell us about all the good things conservatives have done for Americans - in contrast to "Day in the Life of a Joe Six-Pack Republican"...

Please tell us about all the good things conservatives have done for Americans - in contrast to "Day in the Life of a Joe Six-Pack Republican"...

Wouldn't that be better served in it's own thread?

You started a thread about the "RIP" bullets. Are you convinced they are not what you first thought?

You started a thread about the "RIP" bullets. Are you convinced they are not what you first thought?

Duh, it all ties into how regulations have helped us all. For example, I take pleasure in knowing my electrical appliances are regulated to help prevent harm to me and my family - as I would take pleasure in having universal background checks and limits on high-capacity magazines, etc...

Duh, it all ties into how regulations have helped us all. For example, I take pleasure in knowing my electrical appliances are regulated to help prevent harm to me and my family - as I would take pleasure in having universal background checks and limits on high-capacity magazines, etc...

The regulations on electrical appliance save you and your family from potentially life threatening accidents.

What exactly would a limit on the high capacity magazine do to make your family safer?

Westfart, after reading some of your posts, I clearly realize you are part of the problem - not the solution. Also, why are you so eager to respond to posts not addressed to you?

Westfart, after reading some of your posts, I clearly realize you are part of the problem - not the solution. Also, why are you so eager to respond to posts not addressed to you?

It is an open forum. If you wish to have a direct conversation with someone, perhaps IMs would do better?

I have no problem answering posts that are addressed to others, if I feel I have something to add.

Did you know that guilds did that before government? Nope! Didn't think so. I am never amazed by how little you know!:lol:

Because stupidity needs to be dealt with quickly before it spreads and infects more innocents.

Not playing your stupid game. Besides, you'd claim it all came from liberals anyway.

Not playing your stupid game. Besides, you'd claim it all came from liberals anyway.

You're just an idiot flamer with nothing to offer. Move along...

1. In other words, your DUCKS are regulated.

2. Holy shit. Family members can file a lawsuit. Texas logic...

I think you misunderstand the point of a gun. You do not carry a gun to scare people. You do not wave it around thinking it will intimidate the criminals. And you do not try and wound the bad guy who is actively trying to hurt you or someone else.

It is called "deadly force" for a reason. You use it to completely stop the criminal(s) from doing further harm. It is standard for civilians to shoot until the criminal is down for the count.

The fact that they will not sue you is just a bonus.

Well, unless someone is a piss poor shot, how many times must a thug be shot to end his/her thuggery? Would you feel safer with a belt-fed machine gun mounted inside your home?

Is that an option?

The neighbor can get his own.

I take pleasure in knowing my electrical appliances are regulated

a false sense of security is often dangerous

UL Standards

UL is an abbreviation for Underwriters Laboratories Inc. which is a not-profit testing organization established by Fire Underwriter's Association in 1894. UL has now become the most famous NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory) in the U.S. and conducts certification testing of every electrical appliance. Although adopting the UL certification system is basically on a voluntary basis, many U.S.-made electrical appliances have obtained the certification.
The UL certification can be largely divided into two levels: Listing certification and Recognition certification. UL Listing generally means a certification for a final product. UL Recognition means a certification for a part or a component built into a product.

Based on the MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement), cross-certification has been granted between the U.S. and Canada. When a product is certified by UL using the Canadian standards (CSA Standards), the product will have the following C-UL certification mark expressing the conformity to the CSA Standards.

North American Standards: UL, FDA, ANSI, FCC, and CSA - KEYENCE Corporation

This is why I prefer my .45 ACP. The gun is a larger, but still fairly slim, and the round packs a wallop.

Agree - nothing stops/maims like a .45 ACP -I own one as well. Just prefer the .380, especially when out on the motorcycle. Very nice concealed wep.

You have a good point. A small .380 is an excellent concealed weapon. In the past it was said to be underpowered, but the newer ammunition has brought it up considerably.

A .380 is a mouse gun. It is a pipsqueak caliber TOTALLY unsuited for self-protection. (I'd call it marginal for stopping even a big dog.) If the dude is cranked out, he might not NOTICE a .380 unless it hit him in the eyesocket.

Well, unless someone is a piss poor shot, how many times must a thug be shot to end his/her thuggery? Would you feel safer with a belt-fed machine gun mounted inside your home? Would your neighbors feel safer?

How many videos will you need to view to accept that often, for a number of reasons, a perp who is shot multiple times in lethal places often continues functioning and shooting and killing cops and other good guys before they die of their wounds.

I want a bullet that will STOP an assailant NOW.

Which is why I hate the 9mm. If there ever was a pistol that needs all the help it can get,thats the one. Give me a .45 all day everyday.

S&W Model 29, please.

while you gun grabbing liberal idiots are pissing and moaning about more nothing, two girls brought the friend into the woods and stabber her 19 times as an offering of homage to slenderman. it's a goof thing they didn't have a gun or some of these bullets. or something fucked up really could have happened.

Forum List

Back