New Attack On Education.

Would the American people tolerate the educational burden put on parents and students, as say the burden is put on the parents and students in Japan? America has the kind of schools most Americans want, sort of easy, sort of entertaining and little interference with our other activities. America's education is like our laws, a bundle of compromises designed to keep all reasonbly happy.

If Finland is doing so well then why dont we mirror them exactly? Teachers there are looked up to. Here they are scorned and loathed. Quite a difference.

Hard to imagine that taxpayers are throwing over ten thousand dollar per child into this boondoggle inappropriately named 'education.'

Education, from 'e- ducare,' to lead out of....supposedly to lead out of ignorance.

As a home-schooling parent I find it impossible to imagine similar parents hushing each other to keep vocabulary from their child.

This is a crime.
The so-called 'Department of Education' should be charged with fraud.

Over ten thousand? :lol: Try over 18

New York Was No. 1 in Per Pupil Spending Last Year - WNYC

School administrators, principals, school boards, teachers unions, and boards of education exist for one reason only... to keep their jobs and enhance their paychecks and retirement plans. Children be damed, for we shall survive.

Schools in the U.S. are run by a cloistered heirarchy of nepotistic faroritists with one goal- subjugate the effective performers, retain the rank and file.

Any "attack on education" must come from parents of schoolchildren. They are the ones who must hold the power elite accountable.

Powerful elitists are in control of our children. It is the ultimate pedophiliac consortium whose sole purpose is to entrap the minds, hearts, and souls of our offspring.

Read your ridiculous last statement. It's all a conspiracy. Evidently you've never been around when a teacher has been cussed out, threatened, or had obnoxious behavior wreck a lesson.

I hope your post is satire. If it's not, you might hire a plane to pull a banner with that paragraph. That's about the only way you could better display your ignorance on this matter.

How about holding their kid responsible for studying and learning? That'd be a change.

If they came to school in the morning to learn instead of coming to socialize like they are attending a birthday party everything would change.

A kid doesn't learn, blame the teacher let the kid slide...how did it ever get to this?

Sad..

Good points, thanks. Well yeah my last statement was a bit satirical.

Look- I was a student teacher for 6 years, my wife a teacher for 3 years. I stand by my statements for the most part. And yes we have both been cussed out, threatened, or had obnoxious behavior wreck a lesson.

But the focus of my post is the administrative faculty. The ones "above" the ones.

This is wherein the "conspiracy" lies. The hiring, the firing, the tenure, the aids, the assistants, teachers, substitutes... even the custodians.

Education is out of the hands of the educatible, and into the hands of the edu-manipulators.

Are you saying that we don't need five or six associate superintendents in charge of curricula?

Heresy

Public education is governed by the public. A large percentage of deeds done by states and local boards of education are done to keep the public quiet and docile. Did you ever complain to your local board of education regarding school matters?

Imbeciles will be imbeciles.

From the link:

The word “dinosaur” made the hit list because dinosaurs suggest evolution which creationists might not like,

Nothing liberal there. I'm surprised they didn't just ban "science".

Why am I not surprised that you think this is a good idea?

The premise behind the OP is simple:

Control the vocabulary and you control the thought.

Education is now spelled 'S-O-C-I-A-L-J-U-S-T-I-C-E.'

The result is a system that provides neither education nor justice of any kind.
And the left blames the sorry state of American education on the GOP.

Pathetic.

Then they might care to review the following:

Department of Education is, of course, unconstitutional. The Constitution clearly states that powers not granted to the federal government belong to the states.

So where is the impetus for its creation? Unions. The National Education Association (NEA)
“In 1972, the massive union formed a political action committee…released ‘Needed: A Cabinet Department of Education’ in 1975, but its most significant step was to endorse a presidential candidate- Jimmy Carter- for the first time in the history of the organization.”
D.T. Stallngs, “A Brief History of the Department of Education: 1979-2002,” p. 3.

When formed, its budget was $13.1 billion (in 2007 dollars) and it employed 450 people. IN 2010, the estimated budget is $107 billion, and there are 4,800 employees. http://crunchycon.nationalreview.co...-department-education-not-radical/mona-charen

Hard to imagine that taxpayers are throwing over ten thousand dollar per child into this boondoggle inappropriately named 'education.'

Education, from 'e- ducare,' to lead out of....supposedly to lead out of ignorance.

As a home-schooling parent I find it impossible to imagine similar parents hushing each other to keep vocabulary from their child.

This is a crime.
The so-called 'Department of Education' should be charged with fraud.

Over ten thousand? :lol: Try over 18

New York Was No. 1 in Per Pupil Spending Last Year - WNYC

$600,000 per classroom?????

Pathetic.

Department of Education is, of course, unconstitutional. The Constitution clearly states that powers not granted to the federal government belong to the states.

So where is the impetus for its creation? Unions. The National Education Association (NEA)
“In 1972, the massive union formed a political action committee…released ‘Needed: A Cabinet Department of Education’ in 1975, but its most significant step was to endorse a presidential candidate- Jimmy Carter- for the first time in the history of the organization.”
D.T. Stallngs, “A Brief History of the Department of Education: 1979-2002,” p. 3.

When formed, its budget was $13.1 billion (in 2007 dollars) and it employed 450 people. IN 2010, the estimated budget is $107 billion, and there are 4,800 employees. http://crunchycon.nationalreview.co...-department-education-not-radical/mona-charen

The Department of Education is not unconstitutional. The first federal Department of Education was created in 1867 just after the Civil War. The federal govenment ran, and still runs a number of federal schools.

Ah, you've seen this already as I posted it in another of your threads. It's just atrocious. Words escape me....

The premise behind the OP is simple:

Control the vocabulary and you control the thought.

Pathetic.
The left has been in charge of education since the NEA and unions collaborated with Democrats to take money away from everybody else to make teachers the fat, angry, malicious, biting cats of today's world shown partially at the looney tune teacher walkout and screaming head protests in Wisconsin when the Governor made some necessary adjustments to try to put the State of Wisconsin in the black when voters elected him to office a couple of years ago.

No wonder we're no longer #1 in the world in education. We're more like #25 out of 150 countries in science, math, and one of the backward ones in knowledge of foreign languages. We could do a lot better if we thought about speaking the same language as the majority of people on each continent, but we don't.

Pathetic.

The Department of Education is not unconstitutional. The first federal Department of Education was created in 1867 just after the Civil War. The federal govenment ran, and still runs a number of federal schools.

Is there any subject that you are unwilling to display your massive ignorance about?

You should go find a history book and look up the year 1838.

The left has been in charge of education since the NEA and unions collaborated with Democrats to take money away from everybody else to make teachers the fat, angry, malicious, biting cats of today's world shown partially at the looney tune teacher walkout and screaming head protests in Wisconsin when the Governor made some necessary adjustments to try to put the State of Wisconsin in the black when voters elected him to office a couple of years ago.

No wonder we're no longer #1 in the world in education. We're more like #25 out of 150 countries in science, math, and one of the backward ones in knowledge of foreign languages. We could do a lot better if we thought about speaking the same language as the majority of people on each continent, but we don't.
Teachers are compensated 12% less then other professionals with the same schooling/experiencing. Not to mention countries with better education outcomes pay teachers more and have stronger unions, hell in America the best schools are the ones with stronger unions

Wow! I just discovered this message board, as I am sitting here with my coffee, waking up and checking email. What a great way to start the day! (ok, yes, being sarcastic).

As an elementary school principal (26 years now), who gives all I've got to our amazing kids...from dawn to dark...day in and out...please allow me to disagree with you. Oh, did I say elementary "school?" Because of the lack of funds this year I have been principal of two, K-5 elementary schools. Looks to be the same for next year. Why? Because even given this challenge, my amazing staff and I have pulled off...kids who are happy and high achieving, parents who are happy and supportive of our schools, and staff who have what they need to do a good job.

I can only apologize for the awful administrators it sounds like you had to endure, and promise you that there are tens of thousands of amazing and wonderful school staff already at work this morning....

Forum List

Back