Never Knew the Taxes the Corporation Paid

Obviously the Corporation knows what tax bracket or what tax percentage it will pay on it's total earnings, when all is said and done....

This estimate, along with estimates of frieght and duties and the the overhead of the entire company is incorporated in to my initial markup of the product...as with most businesses, the customer buying the product, in general, pays the taxes of the business....along with all costs of the business including the cost of goods, advertising costs, overhead costs, payroll,etc and what estimated taxes that will be paid in the end...

The business itself covers this in the initial mark up of the product....even estimated seasonal markdowns are calculated so that all of these costs are estimated and included in to the initial mark up of the product... if the product could not substantiate the retail it took to achieve that mark up, then we went back to the factory and worked deals for a better cost on it, or stripped something out of the product to get to the saleable retail price at the appropriate margin or we decided not to carry the product if it was not saleable at the retail we felt could do volumes....or we ate the margin requirement and bought the hell out of it anyway, hoping to make the return on investment back in a faster turn over rate...faster sale of it, with alot more of the product on hand to sell.... options are endless really... :)

we didn't review stock prices because they fluctuated daily and they were not a part of the business... we knew how well we were doing, by how well we were making our sales plan....everything of the business, was incorporated and calculated in our own business plan...for the product.

Care

Point taken. As you explained quite well, increased taxes will increase the cost of doing business and the extra costs will be passed on to the consumer. However, smaller companies will be at a disadvantage since extra costs will cut into their profit margins and they may not be able to remain competitive by increase the cost of goods sold. The net result is that the growth of the economy will slow, smaller companies will become less competitive, incomes will decrease, inflation will increase, and companies will find tax shelters (off-shore, if necessary). That makes the United States less competitive.

smaller companies pay less in taxes than larger companies already, don't they....just by the fact that they are smaller, they are probably in a lower tax bracket?

btw, i am enjoying this discussion....it has taught me a great deal about small businesses vs corporations and how things work...

i also enjoy the devil's advocate role!!!! :evil:

care

Not always. Regardless, the higher the taxes, the worse it will be for everyone. (I've already talked about this ad nauseam, so I don't have anything new to add.)

It is not wrong to resist an oppressive government. That's what Patriotism is all about.

So where were you when Bush was doing it for eight years?

They were cheating on their taxes and gaining all the benifits of working in our country.

Check out the cons on here defending the uber wealthy who caused this mess with their greed for Cheating on their taxes.

Unbelievable.

What conversation are you in? No one is talking about "uber wealthy" CEOs but you.

I still say those of you who scorn a small business owner as one who wants to be a tax cheat or who wants special treatment are at best disingenuous and at worst just plain ignorant.

You fail to realize that you as an employee get benefits from your employer at no expense to you while at the same time you demonize business owners as selfish people who want special treatment.

You say, "it's no big deal to open a business", "you're just like an employee who sells their labor"

I ask you, if owning a business is no different and has no more risks than being an employee, and if all an employee is is basically a small business of one who sells his skills for a wage, then why do you support the minimum wage, why should an employer pay for unemployment and workers' comp, why should an employer be responsible for deducting your taxes?

If there is no difference, why aren't you in favor of every person being treated as a small business? You sell your product, in this case your labor and/or skills to a customer and you assume the entire burden of carrying your insurances and paying your taxes?

Then you would have all the same so called perks of a small business owner and all the same opportunities to write off expenses.

Or is it that you won't do this because you know as an employee that you do indeed get benefits a business owner doesn't get but you would rather criticize a business owner than admit that.?

As I said disingenuous at best.

We were talking about increasing taxes on businesses...

If you own a small business, your personal income is tied into overall revenue and profit of the company. Increase taxes and you reduce your margins. Reduce your margins and you become less competitive and your income decreases. It's easy to see that this will have a net negative effect on your business and the economy.
Mine isn't. Which is why I asked you to give a concrete example. I'll wait until you figure something out.

btw, taxes wouldn't have to be raised at all, or even rolled back to pre-Bush (which is what is actually going to happen) if people paid what they were obligated to pay. YOU are part of the problem. YOU are why the tax cuts Bush gave can't be permanent.

Never Knew the Taxes the Corporation Paid

the topic is corporations and taxes dude.

I think CEOs not paying their taxes falls right in there.

Check out the cons on here defending the uber wealthy who caused this mess with their greed for Cheating on their taxes.

Unbelievable.

What conversation are you in? No one is talking about "uber wealthy" CEOs but you.

I still say those of you who scorn a small business owner as one who wants to be a tax cheat or who wants special treatment are at best disingenuous and at worst just plain ignorant.

You fail to realize that you as an employee get benefits from your employer at no expense to you while at the same time you demonize business owners as selfish people who want special treatment.

You say, "it's no big deal to open a business", "you're just like an employee who sells their labor"

I ask you, if owning a business is no different and has no more risks than being an employee, and if all an employee is is basically a small business of one who sells his skills for a wage, then why do you support the minimum wage, why should an employer pay for unemployment and workers' comp, why should an employer be responsible for deducting your taxes?

If there is no difference, why aren't you in favor of every person being treated as a small business? You sell your product, in this case your labor and/or skills to a customer and you assume the entire burden of carrying your insurances and paying your taxes?

Then you would have all the same so called perks of a small business owner and all the same opportunities to write off expenses.

Or is it that you won't do this because you know as an employee that you do indeed get benefits a business owner doesn't get but you would rather criticize a business owner than admit that.?

Did you pull all those "quotes" right out of your ass?

Unbelievable.

Did you pull all those "quotes" right out of your ass?

It is a summation of opinions in this thread. If you actually read the thread you might realize this.

If you own a small business, your personal income is tied into overall revenue and profit of the company. Increase taxes and you reduce your margins. Reduce your margins and you become less competitive and your income decreases. It's easy to see that this will have a net negative effect on your business and the economy.
Mine isn't. Which is why I asked you to give a concrete example. I'll wait until you figure something out.

btw, taxes wouldn't have to be raised at all, or even rolled back to pre-Bush (which is what is actually going to happen) if people paid what they were obligated to pay. YOU are part of the problem. YOU are why the tax cuts Bush gave can't be permanent.

You don't need to wait. I answered your question (which you obviously missed).

So I am part of the problem? :lol:

I know that Care is not a troll, but sometimes I wonder about you. You love to sling insults, I've never seen you post anything relevant or knowledgeable, and you're incredibly partisan. Why don't we just end this little exchange once and for all. I'll put you on ignore unless you can prove to me that you aren't a troll.

I always love your colorful language. It's amusing to see you get so upset over these things.

I see you have bought into the Joe Biden definition of patriotism. That definition is wrong. If the government becomes too oppressive, the people need to fight back. If they can't vote out the bad politicians that make it hard on working Americans, Americans are given no other choice but to find a way to circumvent the oppressive government.

NO you are wrong in every manner on this.... these few people that can offshore their share of taxes are hurting the rest of america, stuck paying THEIR SHARE of the burden.

they should legally, have the changes done, or if they can't, they should have to pay what the next guy in their tax bracket has to pay....and should not hide their income offshore.

It is not wrong to resist an oppressive government. That's what Patriotism is all about.

it is wrong

when you do it for your own personal gain, AT THE EXPENSE of other fellow citizens

and

it is wrong, when you live in a democracy and have the means to have it changed IF IT TRUELY WERE the will of the people....

is it ok for all of us who disagree with legislation of our congress to just ignore it?

that would be lawlessness ruling, no?

Does anyone care to address this since truthsplatters won't?

You don't need to wait. I answered your question (which you obviously missed).

So I am part of the problem? :lol:

I know that Care is not a troll, but sometimes I wonder about you. You love to sling insults, I've never seen you post anything relevant or knowledgeable, and you're incredibly partisan. Why don't we just end this little exchange once and for all. I'll put you on ignore unless you can prove to me that you aren't a troll.
Yep, I missed your concrete example. Feel free to point it out. Show me exactly how my personal income tax rate affects my small business. Because it never has before and I know it won't when the tax cuts are rolled back.

Of course I'm a troll, that's why you spend so much time talking to me.

It was addressed to me and I said none of this.

whambulance.jpg

I don't think most small business owners are tax cheats or strive to be tax cheats. Xhead basically admitted he was one.

NO you are wrong in every manner on this.... these few people that can offshore their share of taxes are hurting the rest of america, stuck paying THEIR SHARE of the burden.

they should legally, have the changes done, or if they can't, they should have to pay what the next guy in their tax bracket has to pay....and should not hide their income offshore.

it is wrong

when you do it for your own personal gain, AT THE EXPENSE of other fellow citizens

and

it is wrong, when you live in a democracy and have the means to have it changed IF IT TRUELY WERE the will of the people....

is it ok for all of us who disagree with legislation of our congress to just ignore it?

that would be lawlessness ruling, no?

Well, we don't live in a Democracy, but that's another topic.

I'm not saying that at all. There are plenty of countries with oppressive tax policies and citizens and corporations have to find a LEGAL way to shelter their wealth. This is patriotism. Allowing an oppressive government to rob and rape its citizens is immoral.

BTW, could you respond to post #34?

EVERY benefit YOU GIVE to your employees you also can give to yourself....can you not?

some people are not cut out to be in business, as with all things skull....and yes, I believe it does take someone special to have the cajones to do such.

But as your personal income goes up and down, the people who are not in business may suffer the same effects....as example, my husband's hours and all the hours of those who work for the same company, were cut a month ago by 25%, so essentially, he is making 25% less in income...no fault of his own either...

Why should this be any different with a person in business for themselves? Tougher times, they make less, better times they make more.

Would you actually make a decision to not grow an area of your business that in the long run has opportunities because that would mean in the short run, you would bring home less in profits?

This is where I would get credit, to fund the opportunity if necessary....if i could not afford to cut some of my own income out of the profits....

Last edited:

EVERY benefit YOU GIVE to your employees you also can give to yourself....can you not?

Yes and I ultimately pay for ALL those benefits where the employees don't

some people are not cut out to be in business, as with all things skull....and yes, I believe it does take someone special to have the cajones to do such.

not what you said earlier.

But as your personal income goes up and down, the people who are not in business may suffer the same effects....as example, my husband's hours and all the hours of those who work for the same company, were cut a month ago by 25%, so essentially, he is making 25% less in income...no fault of his own either...

not my point at all. Income fluctuations happen.

Why should this be any different with a person in business for themselves? Tougher times, they make less, better times they make more.

You try after giving raises in good time to cut salaries in bad times and tell me if employees will understand. But the business owner is just supposed to take it in stride right?

Would you actually make a decision to not grow an area of your business that in the long run has opportunities because that would mean in the short run, you would bring home less in profits?

This is where I would get credit, to fund the opportunity if necessary....and if i could not afford to cut some of my own income out of the profits....

I don't see how this question is relevant but no. I have never been penny wise and pound foolish

Forum List

Back