Networks respond to false Fox ad

While you make a lot of sense here, what would be their point? Why PAY for a full page ad if you are catering to your base? What positive return could FOX be looking for here? All they have done (IMHO) is further alienate themselves from the others? Is that good business?

They are maintaining their base.

And don't forget. Their base at the moment dwarfs their competitors.

Based on what? I watch CNN 95% of the time, and all I ever see is their own commericals touting themselves as the most watched cable news network?

What a surprise....:lol:

Based on what? I watch CNN 95% of the time, and all I ever see is their own commericals touting themselves as the most watched cable news network?

Neilsen.

CNN is playing a semantics game. All stations do.

Put it this way....CNN is the most watched cable news network... since it's inception. CNN is the most watched cable news network....worldwide. CNN is the most watched cable news network.....by left handed blonde 33 year old females (OK, I made that one up).

Point is, its always possible to be number 1 in something. Thats why every radio station always says something like "Number 1 again...thanks for listening to blah-blah-blah".

But when it comes to the numbers that count. Audience size in prime-time, Fox has 'em all beat. Significantly so. Ya know why? It's cause they give info-tainment. CNN still tries to give news, and well hell, thats just not fun to watch. Straight news is boring. Spirited commentary on the news? Now thats great television.

MSNBC is trying to get into the info-tainment game as well, but Fox has too much of a head start for them to catch up anytime soon.

Yeah it's also hard for me to believe that Pizza Hut is America's favorite pizza.

Neilsen.

Put it this way....CNN is the most watched cable news network... since it's inception. CNN is the most watched cable news network....worldwide. CNN is the most watched cable news network.....by left handed blonde 33 year old females (OK, I made that one up).

Point is, its always possible to be number 1 in something. Thats why every radio station always says something like "Number 1 again...thanks for listening to blah-blah-blah".

But when it comes to the numbers that count. Audience size in prime-time, Fox has 'em all beat. Significantly so. Ya know why? It's cause they give info-tainment. CNN still tries to give news, and well hell, thats just not fun to watch. Straight news is boring. Spirited commentary on the news? Now thats great television.

MSNBC is trying to get into the info-tainment game as well, but Fox has too much of a head start for them to catch up anytime soon.

This was educational. Thank you. Call me boring, but I still prefer "not fun to watch" news...

While you make a lot of sense here, what would be their point? Why PAY for a full page ad if you are catering to your base? What positive return could FOX be looking for here? All they have done (IMHO) is further alienate themselves from the others? Is that good business?

It also has the words "Fox News" being said over competitors airwaves.

In essence, Fox is getting free advertising and more mileage out of one simple ad.

Brilliant.

Call me naive, but I am hoping this ad is grounds for a libel suit.

Never work.

To prove libel you have to prove that they knowingly misinformed. Meaning that it has to be proven that they knew that CNN and others covered it. And then it has to be proven that the ad, and only the ad, has negatively impacted their business. 2 hurdles that no libel lawsuit will ever be able to overcome.

Not only that, but it would be more free marketing for Fox.

So I'm betting that Fox is praying that they bring a libel suit because of these two factors.

It also has the words "Fox News" being said over competitors airwaves.

In essence, Fox is getting free advertising and more mileage out of one simple ad.

Brilliant.

Never work.

To prove libel you have to prove that they knowingly misinformed. Meaning that it has to be proven that they knew that CNN and others covered it. And then it has to be proven that the ad, and only the ad, has negatively impacted their business. 2 hurdles that no libel lawsuit will ever be able to overcome.

So I'm betting that Fox is praying that they bring a libel suit because of these two factors.

You are probably right. I guess the days of "taking the high road" are long gone...

Neilsen.

This was educational. Thank you. Call me boring, but I still prefer "not fun to watch" news...

I don't watch any of them.

Never work.

You are probably right. I guess the days of "taking the high road" are long gone...

Never existed.

What are ya talkin' about??....GLBTNBC came onto the scene way before Fakes News.

At first, they were trying to draw the propeller head crowd, but they already got all the news they wanted off of the interwebs.....It was only after Fakes News was launched that they made the hard left turn to become, for all intents and purposes, the cable teevee propaganda arm of the DNC.

What are ya talkin' about??....GLBTNBC came onto the scene way before Fakes News.

At first, they were trying to draw the propeller head crowd, but they already got all the news they wanted off of the interwebs.....It was only after Fakes News was launched that they made the hard left turn to become, for all intents and purposes, the cable teevee propaganda arm of the DNC.

I wasn't saying who went on the air first. Wasn't even referencing the political bent of the stations. I was referencing the style of programming.

Yep CNN runs a false add as well they all do false adds. CNN might be number one in Europe but it isn't in the US in any time slot.

msnbc is trying to get into the info-tainment game as well, but fox has too much of a head start for them to catch up anytime soon.
what are ya talkin' about??....glbtnbc came onto the scene way before fakes news.

At first, they were trying to draw the propeller head crowd, but they already got all the news they wanted off of the interwebs.....it was only after fakes news was launched that they made the hard left turn to become, for all intents and purposes, the cable teevee propaganda arm of the dnc.

i wasn't saying who went on the air first. Wasn't even referencing the political bent of the stations. I was referencing the style of programming.
k....:)

My misunderestimating.

what are ya talkin' about??....glbtnbc came onto the scene way before fakes news.

At first, they were trying to draw the propeller head crowd, but they already got all the news they wanted off of the interwebs.....it was only after fakes news was launched that they made the hard left turn to become, for all intents and purposes, the cable teevee propaganda arm of the dnc.

i wasn't saying who went on the air first. Wasn't even referencing the political bent of the stations. I was referencing the style of programming.
k....:)

My misunderestimating.

No problem. Thanks for letting me clarify.

Now, I'm done multitasking. I'm out.

This really doesn't bode well for network news and pretty much reveals their collective insecurities. This wasn't a news story, it was an ad. Rules are different when it comes to advertising campaigns, but it was enough to draw attention from the networks.

They played right into Fox's hands.

Saying you're the top when you aren't and haven't been in some time is a lie every bit as bad as claiming your opposition did something they didn't.

Saying you're the top when you aren't and haven't been in some time is a lie every bit as bad as claiming your opposition did something they didn't.

The claim about being "top" is important because I would think that advertising rates might be based on that claim. If a contract for advertising were based on the fact that the media outlet was "top" when it wasn't would be enough to destroy the contract and cause an award for damages I would think, it might even be criminal.

Fox dupes the other idiots once again. A classic advertisement scheme CNN was stupid enough to fall for...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

and they can have all of the vans, satellite uplinks, thousands of correspondents at the event and a Sobret's hotdog stand ........ it doesn't mean a goddam thing unless CNN headquarters plays it over the airwaves.....which they didn't.

Forum List

Back