Netflix: Narcos Mexico, sympathy for the bad guys?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm not sure if you guys have more than one season e only have one Season so far in Canada. I'm halfway through the first, and reading the truth from online sources behind these criminals vs how they are depicted on Netflix, it's clear their evil is under-reported on the screen.

There are times for sympathy for bad guys when they are misunderstood or there are circumstances behind it all, but the producers repeatedly glossed over some of their violent methods, including torture and rampant murderous tactics. Compared to the first episodes dealing with Escobar and the Columbians, where almost immediately you hated them, they try and present the Mexican Cartel as nicer guys, especially the main character Felx Gallardo.

It's been an enjoyable season as such genres go, but I prefer close adherence to historic facts, not niceties to try and influence how they are viewed.

It is called tainting the jury pool. This is necessary when the narcos are caught and tried in this country.

I always find it telling, many of the left leadership in this country always seem to minify the cartels and their misdeeds. Almost as though...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back