need some lyrics, please!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Hey, guys, I've been working on this book, and I want to start each chapter with some song lyrics that fit the mood of the book. The book is all about alienation and disillusionment with the world, and kind of trying to move on from that and accepting yourself and the world around you. I want the book to be sort of a summing up of the feelings of Generation Y (or whatever you want to call us), so I'd like the lyrics to be from songs from, say, '97, '98 on. I haven't been able to find too many, but I just started looking, so anyone wanna help me out? Please?

Dan said:
so I'd like the lyrics to be from songs from, say, '97, '98 on. I haven't been able to find too many, but I just started looking, so anyone wanna help me out? Please?
Exactly what'd you have in mind? On Yahoo, if you type in "song lyrics from 1998 to current"ou get some decent sites.

Jeff, thanks, but I am trying to specifically get away from that grunge era of music just because that sort of thing goes hand-in-hand with Generation X. It's a real shame, because you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing a song about alienation or disillusionment.

Joz, really any song from the late 90's to maybe early 2002 (the story ends around that time) will do, I'd rather it be a lesser-known song, just because it's a little too easy to use a really common lyric, y'know?

You know that song that you turned me onto from Harvey Danger, Flapole Sitta? that there is pretty much a fit.

That's pretty much perfect, thanks very, very, VERY much!

Forum List

Back