NBC : NORSE Cybesecurity - Disgruntled Employee - NOT NK - Responsible For hacking SONY

I saw the CNN interview with Norse's chairman today. He's guessing. Maybe it's a good guess, maybe not. Personally, I'm not convinced of anything yet. He couldn't even pin down the country from which the "disgruntled Sony employee" haled. He mentioned that Norse has a meeting with the FBI tomorrow at which reams of data substantiating their "disgruntled employee theory" will be disclosed. It'll be kind of a death blow to his company if he's wrong.

Meanwhile, the FBI, NSA, and even CNN (for what that's worth) are highly skeptical of Norse's claim. So am I, but if the theory holds water, it'd only be about the 5000th time I've been wrong in my life. We'll see. When this story broke, I said here that there's no way in hell this was a North Korean attack. They're just not that sophisticated. In the end, if they ever find the culprit/culprits, I'll bet this attack originated in the good old USA. Were a highly "disgruntled" nation after all.

Forum List

Back